Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Traveling to Cincy for Rd trip Options
odysseus81
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:16:38 PM

Hey all,

My buddies and I go on an annual disc golf road trip every year and for our 6th year we are traveling to Cincy in October. After Idlewild and Mt. Airy, what courses should we hit (it will be a 3 day trip and we usually hit about 7 courses tops). Also...really wanting to know what are the best local joints to eat at...especially stuff that might be close to the courses. We love hitting up the local gems.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Justin
agentdozzer
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 8:07:53 PM

Number one would be Lincon Ridge, you might leave liking it the most out of any of our courses. Barleycorns just opened a new pub and grub between Idle and Lincon the wildcat is the ****.
woottebs
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:55:35 PM

walt's bbq is just up the street from airy, off colerain ave. its a big red barn and its extremely tasty. if you don't mind heading another 45 minutes north, dayton has some really nice courses as well. sycamore trails is one of my favs. and if you really don't mind heading north, go to columbus. its about a two hour drive from cincinnati, but, imo, its worth the drive. The Hambrick (Hoover) course is one of my top five all time favorites.
odysseus81
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2011 8:28:41 PM

Thanks guys...anyone else have some suggestions for good eats in the general vicinity of Lincoln Ridge, Airy, or Idlewild?
Erik
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 7:50:12 AM

If you make it up to Mason (best 9 hole in Cincy), the Houston is right next to the course. Good frog legs and the best salad bar in Cincinnati. They have really good steaks, burgers, and a full bar too.
Valet
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 1:31:04 PM

Near Lincoln Ridge is Buffalo Bob's and BW3's. I'm sure you're familiar with BW3's...Buffalo Bob's is similar, but, in my opinion, the wings are much better at Buffalo Bobs. Both of these places are in Independence and less than 5 minutes from Lincoln Ridge. There are some fast food joints over there also. If you've never had Skyline Chili, you might want to check it out. Cincinnati chili is very differnet from Texas chili. Also, about 10 min. away from Lincoln Ridge is Crestview Hills where you'll find some good eats such as The Pub, Dewey's Pizza, and Hoggy's, to name a few. You should be able to find info on all these place online. Enjoy your trip to the area!
topherb
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 7:08:39 PM

The Brazilian steak house in downtown cincy is awesome! Might run ya around a 100.00 bucks for 2 people but its worth it! There are tons of hole in the wall places and dive bars in covington ky and in cincy that are great too!
Valet
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 7:26:04 PM

Also, if you want a one of a kind local place for a good, cheap breakfast, hit up The Log Cabin. It's just off of Hands Pike and Kentucky 17 less than 10 miles from Lincoln Ridge. You can get lunch or dinner there too. I think they serve all meals at any time of day. If you're into local dives. I'd recommend at least getting a side of goetta. If you're in the area, you have to try goetta!
Madmike
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 10:10:09 PM

Out by Idlewild behind subway and ameristop is Wyatts good food not pricy at all good selection of beverages to choose from nice lil sports bar I recommend it to everyone that comes out that way!!!!!!
Madmike
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 10:12:11 PM

Fred Salaz would recommend that as well lol
odysseus81
Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2011 9:20:52 AM

Thanks Guys...this gives us some great options. I appreciate it....and for the record, the more local, the better as far as this trip is concerned.