Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Thompson Park - (Privately owned) Options
kmaupin
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2009 10:45:56 AM

Thompson Park
3024 Hamilton Richmond Rd, Hamilton, OH‎ 45013
(This is located on ST RT 177 between Hamilton and Darrtown)

This is a privately owned park that currently has a small 9 hole course (plans are to expand to 18).

This course is in still being developed as the baskets are not in the ground and there are no pads but there is a very positive feeling as they see it adding value to the park.  They will be promoting Night Golf in a big way and have done so already, the lighting used is impressive and since it is a private park, I feel it should encounter less vandalizim, the lighting would not make it two weeks at any other park.

kmaupin
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2009 10:52:05 AM

There is a $2/per vehicle entrance fee to play here. Hank please add or correct any of the information I have provided.

I have spoken to the owner multiple times and they have been very friendly and open to suggestions, this could be a great camping/disc golf/play softball/Putt Putt kind of family retreat. I think they have cabins but not sure if they are renting them as of yet.

Thanks,
Kelly
ahlavac
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2009 12:43:41 PM

Thanks for the info! I hope Thompson Park expands to 18 holes. Maybe some helpful input from the GCFDA can turn this into a top-notch course.

P.S. It sounds like the night golf you described will be under lights, rather than "glow golf". I have never played a lighted course at night. If the lighting is as impressive as you say, I'll be there all the time!
kmaupin
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2009 1:01:44 PM

It is still glow golf, but they are using solar lights that illuminate the basket. The neat part is that they have them on top of the basket with a metal mesh waste basket covering them that is fastened to the basket. For a private course this should be ok, but on a public course, I see hoodlums doing their best to smash these lights.

They also mark the tee off areas with these lights so you can see where to go, nice concept really. Hank has done a lot of work with them to try and make something fun and versatile.

Hank aka the Big Biscuit, has asked plenty of times for input to help make this place as nice as possible, and the additional 9 holes they want to add will be a great addition since that portion is in a nicely wooded area.
kmaupin
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2009 1:12:08 PM

This is some additional information Nick had posted under the Northern Lights thread.
kmaupin
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 2:25:24 PM

Has anyone been to Thompson in the last month?
kmaupin
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 11:02:30 PM

This park was closed this past weekend with "For Sale" signs posted, I have not heard anything otherwise but I would remove it from the course list at this time.
shex44
Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2011 11:40:19 AM

I was there about 2 months ago and it was the same way.
mikekem
Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2011 2:33:49 PM

I removed it from the course page. Let me know if status changes. We seem to lose as many courses as we add lately.