Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

AMELIA Options
bobherb
Posted: Monday, November 03, 2008 1:18:19 PM

This is from Dan Kilgore:
Hi Bob,
I hope this finds you well. Just got back from a trip in which I played 40 new DG courses.
I'm up to 606 courses played now (how blessed I truely am). I got to travel in your area
and played a few in the Cincy area. (Miamisburg, Monroe, Clarksville, and Amelia) if you can, can
you mention the the Cincy DGclub that the Amelia DGC needs some lovin. The tee signs we're non exsistant,
making it hard for this tourist to play the correct course. I saw a couple of the better locals and mentioned
to them that they need to update this situation as I'm sure they wouldn't be to happy to visit a park elsewhere
and find non exsistant tee signs. At least they could number the telephone poles and put a piece of duct tape on
the baskets rim pointing the direction of the next tee. I did enjoy the other courses, Monroe was really cool.
I'd probally think other wise if the weather was in it's current dormat conditions. Let me know if you
get this way as I got plenty of room for friends.
Best, Dan Kilgore
brian001
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 11:36:49 AM

Hello everybody, my name is Brian Sankey and have just started playing.    I live here in Amelia, right across from the park.    I have not played other courses yet, but I agrre this course is not well marked.  I just found the pars for the holes from this site.   Has anybody talked to the village recently about upgrades to the course here.   If not, can I get some suggestions.    I would like to see the telephone poles go away and a sign showing the par / distance, etc.   How are other courses marked?

Since living right here, I would like to see this course talked about in a positive manner.  

Thanks
Brian
Erik
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 10:08:37 AM

welcome to the sport. I would go to woodland mound and compare it to that.
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 9:37:00 AM

Do we have any DG veterans that live close to this course that would be willing to help out with this?
2Timer
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 9:58:27 AM

I met with 2 city officials a year or so ago, they wanted to put 18 holes in and compete with woodland Mound. I was asked to create a layout that could incorpoate the extra 9 holes. I did that, emailed to them and never heard anything back. I went to the city office and they said the guy in charge transfered to another city and there was no money in the budget to move forward with their plans. Amelia is broke, they even spoke of dispanding the city last year. I will go down and speak with someone again on Friday.
Moses
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:41:13 AM

One of my best friends is a cop in amelia and wants to better the course and me and dave play there all the time so i'm gonna talk to braden(cop) and we will see what we can do
Phil Miller
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:28:11 AM

2Timer wrote:
I met with 2 city officials a year or so ago, they wanted to put 18 holes in and compete with woodland Mound. I was asked to create a layout that could incorpoate the extra 9 holes. I did that, emailed to them and never heard anything back. I went to the city office and they said the guy in charge transfered to another city and there was no money in the budget to move forward with their plans. Amelia is broke, they even spoke of dispanding the city last year. I will go down and speak with someone again on Friday.

You know the economy is bad when the city gives you it's 2 week notice.
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, September 17, 2010 8:47:16 AM

Thanks Dave and Cory. Let me know if we can help on this.
Erik
Posted: Friday, September 17, 2010 10:41:51 AM

I would also be willing to help out if. I live out that way as well.

Not sure what the plans were to make this an 18, but recently alot of new housing has been put in behind the park.
Moses
Posted: Friday, September 17, 2010 12:40:03 PM

18 is possible. dave has given amelia a layout. i plan on going to the village council meeting in oct to talk to them about it
brian001
Posted: Friday, September 17, 2010 9:57:36 PM

I would also be willing to help out with this.  Hasa nybody thought about trying to get local businesses to help sponsor the course.  
raheds
Posted: Monday, August 01, 2011 4:20:39 PM

I know it has been about a year but I am just new to GCFDA but have been playing disc golf for years. I live in the Eastgate area and willing to help!

~Derrick