Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Course Challenge at Williamsburg on 10/8 Options
Troy
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:40:33 PM

I called the city of Williamsburg today to find out about the availability of the only shelter at the park. It was still available but I was strongly urged to reserve it today which I did. It had a cost of $50.00 which I paid.  I hope I didn't step on anyones toes by doing this.
AdamJ
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2011 11:58:49 AM

1 Week till the next CCS and Troy and his East-siders could use some help getting the new Tee pads and other course work accomplished in time. Please consider helping out even if for only a few hours. Will need help transporting gravel from Goshen and to the tee areas. Plus digging and preparing the pad locations. Contact Troy, Andrew, or myself for further details.
Troy
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2011 10:05:13 PM

We will be working on Tuesday at 3:30.
robglover
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2011 9:04:06 PM

I'd hoped to be able to help but alas I'll be working Tue. I'm looking forward to Sat.
Troy
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 3:44:14 PM

Since the weather forcast for Saturday is looking perfect we will be adding 3 temp holes to the course for both rounds to make 22 holes. The 3 added holes will not affect the flow of the course so it should go nicely.
Troy
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2011 9:59:18 PM

Played 2 of the 3 new holes tonight and they will be fun but challenging. We will be finishing up cleaning tomorrow for the tourney. The course is looking extremely nice with help from a great group of guys.
Troy
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2011 8:33:11 PM

I made a deal with the local pizza place which has good food. We get 25% off any order if you mention frisbee when you order. I also have discount coupons but it's either/or, you cannot have both. I have menue's so that you can call the order in so that it can be ready before you get there. They will deliver for a $1.50 charge. I will have all the info at the sign ups. The course is looking nice except for the leaves which might cause some searching for discs. If anyone has a leaf blower and would like to bring it that would be awesome.
robglover
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2011 7:55:02 PM

Great tourney Troy! The course was excellent. And I was even able to use the "Frisbee" discount on a large to-go pizza for dinner. Thanks to you and all who helped.thumbsup
T_Vincent
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2011 9:29:02 PM

On a fantastic day in October, 62 smart disc golfers decending apon the Williamsburg DGC for the course challenge. When the dust settled after two rounds of 22 holes, we had a few winners (One of the contests needed a playoff). We had SIX aces, yes six. "Turbo" Tim Brandonburg had two of them in one round. Alman took home the Masters win. Tim Brandonburg & Jeff Vandermark were tied after regulation, and had a playoff, with Tim taking home the win. Troy ran a great CC, and the three temp holes had a bit of bite.

Our next CC will be at Lincoln Ridge on November 5th.
Troy
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2011 10:05:05 PM

I want to thank everyone who came out today. I really only played a small part in the success of the tourney and the way the course looked. Tony really knows his stuff and taught me a lot. Dan Bayless came out to play yet spent time helping which was greatly appreciated. Rod Angel gave a helping hand along with Andrew Miller. The Fairs brought the basket used on hole C. I believe that Cyrus brought the basket that was on hole B. Last but certainly not least I want to thank Alman for all his help today and this past week. The tourney was a success because of these people along with those that helped clean up the course this week.
discndat
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2011 9:51:14 AM

Excellent tournament. Very well run. Enjoyed the new holes. Thanks a bunch to Troy, Tony, Alman and all others who helped. I really enjoy that course a lot. It's much fun to play. Couldn't shoot -18 like some people though. Great shooting Turbo Tim.