Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Lost at Gulley Options
Erik
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 12:24:09 PM

Lost a nice easy to find neon yellow/green star roadrunner  with the stamp removed on hole 13.  It clipped a tree branch to the left and most likely got stuck in the canopy.   My name and number is on the back.  Will give another decent disc as a reward if found and returned.
mikejenkins1
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 7:04:23 AM

Man am I laughing. We have lost/found 2 disks there since that park opened. It is a great gem out there and we love to play it but not often enough. Ok, so we have had 2 lost/then we got them back on 13 as well. We were playing there last Friday night and my brother-in-law and I threw both of ours in that same area. This is the same spot we did it years ago as well. Then we needed a rope tree saw to get my frisbee back and did so the next day. Well we lost ours there at 13 around 9 PM and had to hunt in the dark. We pulled up our cars onto the grass to shine light in there but it is too dense and looked for over an hour. I finally found my wedged in about 6 ft up. But not the other. So the next morning around 7AM we arrived. We spent another 1 1/2 hours looking and were just about to give up. Then my brother-in-law was digging one more time right near the gap and found it wedged in there. It is a multi color and hard to see but we found it. Our motto is to leave no frisbee unfound. We had a similar thing once at Heritage with the canopies there and got it the next day as well. The area where you lost it, is open in there and I actually cleared it out some when we were back looking. But I would say look very carefully in the canopy first and you might find it wedged in there. With your color it should not be too bad to find.
Erik
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 2:21:59 PM

It is a really sweet course. I wonder how many of us were eyeing that house right on the entrance when it went for sale this past year! Just a wee bit out of my price range, but a man can dream can’t he?

I will make my way back over there to look for it some more. It has to be up in the canopy. It was way to clear down below to miss. Nice work!
mikejenkins1
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 3:28:28 PM

Did not know that the house up there was for sale.
Is that the house where chief (the dog) lives/lived?
He showed up once and played 14 holes with my brother-in-law and I.
He is great how he finds your disk and lays by it.
Always looking for him but not sure he is still around.
Erik
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2011 7:45:59 AM

Not sure about the dog. but the house had a for sale sign in the lot as you drove into the park. Sounds like a cool dog to have!
Erik
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 3:40:06 PM

Disc Returned. Thanks!
Discgolfnut
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 2:50:52 PM

So played a round with friend and his wife/kid. After the round we were sitting at the shelter and friend's goofy ass 6 year old took 4 of his disc over to the soccer fields to throw. He only came back with 2. Apparently he tossed his r pro boss and Vibram Ascent into the briar on the left. The kid insisted the wind pushed the discs nto the woods but I have my suspicions. We were not paying attention and looked for 30 minutes and could not find anything. Mind you this kid is the same spaz that tossed my early run comet onto a thinnly iced over little Miami River at that Burg.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 7:46:46 PM

I lost my green champ mamba on hole 18 way right of the basket in the big briar patch name and number on it friend lost a blue 150 class leopard on hole 15 was just left of the basket but couldn't find it I think name and number on it
discwarrior
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 5:47:31 AM

Found two a d-1 and katana name not on either post color and weight if they're yours will get them back to you
alex.e
Posted: Sunday, June 16, 2013 8:06:18 AM

My buddy lost a silver ti buzzz off to the right on hole 8, it was getting dark and was almost impossible to see in the thick stuff. His name and number are on it.
BrianGrip
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2014 10:58:34 AM

Think I forgot to grab my greenish blizzard boss just inside the bushes near 18 basket should have my name and number on it if anyone finds it would love to get it back
Skooter520
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 9:05:24 AM

BrianGrip wrote:
Think I forgot to grab my greenish blizzard boss just inside the bushes near 18 basket should have my name and number on it if anyone finds it would love to get it back

I plan on going up after work.  I'll check for it first thing.