Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Playing weekend of Nov 12-13 - WINDY Options
mikejenkins1
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2011 6:42:32 AM

We went out Saturday afternoon and played Milford (Karl Von Coldewey).   The beggining was tough with the  wind but not too bad later on.   Then 3 of us went out Sunday and played Harbin in the middle of the afternoon.   We got there around 3:30 and no one was there to my surprise.   Winds were gusting and we knew we had fun ahead.   The first 3 were not easy at all.   Then from 4 on it was wild in the wind.   Long throws but no where where you wanted them or expected it.   Hole 5 at the top of the hill was downright crazy.    The wind was so strong we could barely stand.   Seriously!   We kept the discs down so they would not travel  deep off course or into woods.   Finally when we got to 8 the winds had calmed some and the front finally passed.   It was still windy and challenging but not as bad with throwing.   Any one else have fun like that?
Rwolfenden
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:45:07 AM

Mike,

I was down in Greenville, SC this weekend and had a great time. My buddies that live down there took us to a course called Timmons Park http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=270 Had a great time and the winds were gusting but I don't think as bad as here.
morticite
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:14:34 AM

I think I was at Harbin that Saturday and it was pretty windy then too. We've played there in some pretty windy conditions. The windiest games I've played have been at Heritage. It's so flat so there's nothing to stop the wind. I've actually walked off there twice because of the wind.