Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Ball Golf / Disc Golf Scrambled 36 Options
Lingo1976
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 2:29:16 PM

Here is the plan so far:

4 man best ball / disc  36 holes.

18 Holes of Ball Golf at  Pebble Creek Golf Course

Followed by

18 Holes of Disc Golf at  Mt. Airy forest.

Entry will be  $200 per team.  Most of that will be for greens fees at Pebble Creek

Date is looking like it will be   Sunday, September  23rd

More info to come!!! 

Would you be interested?
perica
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 11:49:07 AM

I'm interested - any ideas on the disc portion format?
brutalbrutus
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 11:53:25 AM

it puts the lotion on its skin

id be interested but wouldnt be able to come up with a full team so if anyone needs a team member let me know my disc game is a little ruff sometimes but i am a 10 handicap in ball golf
Lingo1976
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:10:58 PM

The disc portion will be the same as the ball golf. 4 man best disc
gw0904
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:08:48 PM

I'd be interested if it were two man teams instead of four.
Lingo1976
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 5:35:46 PM

I thought about the 2 man teams. However I was trying to make more of an outing setting. The people that we will be mainly getting out to will be disc golfers. Therefore the good ball golfers will be few and far between. Making 4somes will hopefully help out the teams missing an above average ball golfer. If that makes sense.
gw0904
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:03:29 PM

I get it, and that's reasonable from a ball golf perspective. A four-man disc golf scramble, especially if your players are disc golfers, is more the issue for me. Perhaps the best score per hole among the foursome?

And, I've played in enough ball golf scrambles that I have reservations with foursomes keeping their own scores - just too much potential for shenanigans, especially when people pick their own teams. I know this isn't the world championships or anything, but the competition aspect is still strong and things happen (or people are convinced that things happen when someone turns in a really hot score).

Now, if there were no payouts for winning and instead any extra money is spent on a beer cart for both rounds, then I'm definitely interested. If there are payouts, then twosomes are better.
Lingo1976
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:58:25 PM

With the majority of the entry going to the greens fees there wont be much if anything going into a payout. I'm hoping the entry fees can somehow cover lunch and side prizesfor ctps and long drive for both rounds. This is merely to have a good time so if a foursome collectively wants to cheat its not gonna get them much.
Valet
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 10:12:04 PM

I'm interested if anyone needs a player. I've spent plenty of time on the golf greens, although it's been a while, and I'm probably the best disc golfer in this area. so, you decide.....; ) (and before you all attack, I'm kidding...those who know me, know I suck.)
NEngle
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:15:39 AM

Great idea. One option would be a 4 man team with a scramble on the ball course and two doubles teams on the disc course. When we did the lazy man, i think we charged around $8 more than what our costs were. We bought medals & prizes for the winners of each event and then spent the rest on beer. People will play for the fun of it & you'll get more "serious" ball golfers than you expect. Make it a Saturday & I'll put together a team for sure. Thanks for even considering such an event.
Ben Shooner
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:45:04 AM

Great idea. I would definitely have it be more of an outing than a tourney. Of course everyone will want to win, but if you limit the prizes (trophy only) you discourage shenanigans and creative score keeping. I'd have it be 4 man best ball for both rounds and weight both rounds equally...that will hopefully encourage people to form teams that are balanced talent-wise between the 2 disciplines. In the Lazy Man, the scoring was simple: if there are 11 teams, 1st place gets 11 points, 2nd place 10, etc...That could work for this too. As Nick said, I'd prefer a Saturday if at all possible if it's going to be during football season. Great idea Jason.
GStrick
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 12:01:47 PM

Interested. Lazy man light.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 12:25:04 PM

well if any of the better disc golf guys need a good ball golfer let me know im a 10 handicap and can drive over 300yds if im hitting straight that day lol above average putter for both ball and disc golf as well but my most dangerous weopon is the 200-225 yard 7 irons i can hit like a dart into the greens as i said let me know