Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Pride park Options
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 6:23:19 PM

Glad to hear someone has been busy clearing up the course. Wish we had more people like that around.

Please do not worry about any major renovations since the course is officially closed by the Taylor Mill Park Board. A new design will be implemented in the future when they are at that stage of their master plan. In fact they where to have pulled the baskets over a year ago for safe keeping, enjoy it while you can. for more info contact me directly at 513-255-7275.

And Jeff, gimmie a call wen ya can bud.
Rusty Chains
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 7:48:18 PM

Got #10 (big downhill shot) cleared out. Still needs to be weedwhipped but it looks so much better.
Hope to clear hillside around #11 basket, do some more thinning out behind #14 basket and clear the edges of the fairway back more on #17 this week.
Grass on 1-5 and 17 18 is starting to get pretty high.
Maybe park will cut soon.
Discgolfnut
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 9:07:01 PM

Played most of the course last week. Enjoyed most of it, 1 to 9 and 14 to 18. Never found tee 10, think I found the basket, hard to tell since some of the basket numbers do not match the tee. Skipped 11-13 because I could not find a way over the creek, steep grade into what looked like a 3 foot drop into the creek. Maybe there was a easier path to 11 ( think it was 11) ? Finished 14 through 18 and enjoyed it for the most part. The adventure to find tee 10 was a harrowing experience for me, I was walking all over that hill behind pole 9 . Need to get the neighborhood kids to wear this course into shape. The course has potential to be a scaled down Banklick IMO. Thanks for the hard work Rusty, your effort is appreciated.
InnocentCrook
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 9:33:33 PM

Myself and two friends just played Pride tonight. My first time to play the course. What a workout! Big thanks to Rusty Chains for all the recent work.

Course is quite rough but certainly playable. 1-9 aren't bad other than the missing basket on 9. We played 10, 11, skipped 12, but played back to 10's basket and 13 at the same time. The up and down to get to the other side of the ravine is extremely slippery, almost wish I would have had my trekking poles. (Wear some sturdy boots with good threads too.) Everything else was pretty well clear even if it was a little thick still.

Glad I actually had a chance to play this one before it's pulled and/or redesigned.

Rusty Chains
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 10:32:49 PM

to all the thank you's, your welcome.good to see you guys out on the course. have some pride news.there is now a new #12... so, i took the fallen down pole that was #9, drug it down and across creek and and set it last night. it is longer than old 12 that was stolen and i feel a much better shot than the old 99 footer. lot of elevation in play. i didnt put much time or money in it because i wasnt sure how long it would last before vandals got it. specs arent exact but it catches well. #10 is really coming around. got hillside around 11 cleared. fairway for #12 cleared. going back tomorrow to weedeat all three and do some other stuff. stop by,throw a round and check out the course progress.
Rusty Chains
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2012 3:28:02 PM

Got 10 11 12 and 13 all weedwhipped.
The legendary Don "Sir Sidearm" Young showed up with a shovel and worked on digging out and putting in some rock steps at the creek crossing. Alot easier to cross now.also expanded the green on14.
Going to start expanding 15 and 16 greens this week.
Rusty Chains
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2012 3:35:43 PM

Also put up some signs and marking ribbons to help navigate the tricky ares of the course.
agentdozzer
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2012 1:44:02 PM

Course looks better than it has in years thanks for you hard work guy's. I had my daughter in a stroller and still played all 18 holes, talk about a work out. The homemade basket caught my forty footer no problem, really like the change to that hole. What time are you guys normall working up there?
Rusty Chains
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2012 10:52:22 AM

Stroller at pride! That is some extreme s*#t ! Unfortunatly i've been in the hospital for the past week so i havnt got much accomplished at pride. Im suppo to take it easy this week so i dont see myself doing much up there work wise till this coming weekend. I did walk course yesterday and the weeds are creeping back up on a few holes and grass is getting worse on 5 17 18. Maybe ill just take a mower up if the  park dosnt wanna cut it. Overall it is looking good still. Still cant get over how different 10 - 14 are now that they are clear and trimmed. Really glad people are coming out and enjoying the course.
Rusty Chains
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 11:48:48 PM

Pride is in great condition. Park has everything cut on all the non wooded holes(1-5, 17-18). Ran into some of the park workers.they told me they had taken a gator back and emptied the trash cans and cleared all fallen trees from walking path that parallels most of the wooded fairways.they also said they were going to try to start working on the wooded holes again.the basket I made for #12 is still up and looking good.
agentdozzer
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 1:39:53 PM

Wow they tell the club the course is closed then turn around and start working on it, it's awesome though great place to play a quick shady round.
Rusty Chains
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:56:12 AM

Got a round in at pride last night.Park has course looking great.All holes are cut and trimmed.First time ive ever seen all the wooded holes cut.Best condition ive ever played course.
Rusty Chains
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2013 12:33:06 AM

Someone destroyed basket i made for 12 and left it in pieces strewn across the green. Looks like they tried to get the pole out of the ground also. Almost made it a year.
sisyphus
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2013 8:28:18 AM

I'd volunteer if there were going to be a lynch mob. I really liked that basket. Sorry!
shex44
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2013 5:56:46 PM

That's awful. I thought that was one of the best hand made baskets. I will join the lynch mob
Rusty Chains
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2013 2:35:57 PM

So why is pride not on the list of courses anymore? Any chance we could get a real basket to replace #12?
agentdozzer
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 7:23:29 AM

The park has closed the course this happened a number of years ago, the baskets are still there and you can go play it. But the official status from the park is that the course is closed.