Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Boone Woods Options
surgediscgolf
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 5:23:17 PM

Oops, I see that I need to contact Boone County, not a problem.
InnocentCrook
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 6:04:39 PM

Anyone know if the tee signs that are out there currently are temporary? Some idiots have already destroyed at least 5 of them.

Love the new layout. Used to play here all the time when I first started. Good mix of open and wooded holes now. So far this year I've been playing it at least once or twice a week. Nice to see a course that had seen better days given some new life.

Crook
Big D
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 9:27:20 AM

Hey the basket on hole 4 is missing
Madmike
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 8:18:21 PM

I went out to boone today and played yes 4s basket is gone and they have changed the layout yet again They moved 3s basket 40 up the hill moved 6s teepad and basket 12 and 13 both are redesigned and now harder and they shortened 17s basket its better now then it was before
rangel
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:18:50 AM

Kevin was out there Monday afternoon. Their round ended about 4:30 and all was well. The only course change he mentioned was #5, but he's only played there three times.

EDIT - The basket was #4 and it was missing Monday afternoon.
nthomas
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 11:31:58 AM

The back 9 has been switched up a little bit also. The moved 13 and moved the basket on 14 and 17.
StorminSteve
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 9:08:06 PM

Played there Sunday and yes #4 basket is missing.  Does anyone know why the changes ?
L_Stephens
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 9:59:00 PM

#13 was changed because of the errosion of the hills....but the change is puzzling....maybe on purpose they backed it up near the property line to keep the apartment people from encroaching with their gardens, bird feeders and trash cans. #14 is placed where I wanted it months and months ago. #17 was shortened to keep players out of the protected area...why the basket was placed there in the first place is beyond me. #3 was moved...because..I have no idea...I still think it is a safety hazard with the swings behind it and you still play across a protected area. #6 could have been changed to a better angle to keep errant discs out of the private property beyond the basket.

I still think some more holes need tweaking...for safety...wet land protection....if they truly want that....and to better adhere to the level of play for those it should be designed for...new players...and players wanting < 1 hour rounds before/after work but still be challenged.
rangel
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2010 8:32:35 AM

We played Boone Sunday night.
#3. Moving the hole up or down would have been fine with me. My wish is they cut a bigger fairway thru the junk. Reason. Slow play there caused by looking for shots ending up right of line.
#6. Moving the tee and the pin works for me. The hole is longer. You can still hit the tree line (if you try). And. I'm not aiming at 6 tee box while playing n #5.
#13. I'm with Lee. Puzzling. I like the hole. They could take out some more junk to keep people moving. But I'm surprised they moved it that close to the apartments. One of the trees (in the park) has been landscaped and has a water line around the base of the tree.
#14. I like the move. But I would like to see the pin moved about 20' or 30' further right. Only reason being to take the sloppy run-off (from the pool I guess) out of the circle.
#17. Do something with this hole. Please. I'm just an 850 rated player. It's too easy. #8 is harder for me. Don't know the why's or why not's, but I think you could play 17 from the bridge or down by the two trees out towards the tennis courts. Make it an east-to-west shot. It would be longer. (I know the distance is not enough to effect most of you.) And the prevailing head wind would make for a more interesting hole.
Buckeye
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 8:07:56 PM

No offense to anyone who plays this course on a regular basis, but it was awful.  Not maintained at all.  Signs gone.  I did Ace hole #12 today with my putter though.  That was the only good thing!  First time playing this course and was disappointed, but it does have potential.  Not to mention there were what seemed to be hundreds of kids running around everywhere.  I'll stick to Lincoln Ridge, it's closer to my house and challenging.
mikejenkins1
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 11:45:01 AM

Yeah, we have played only a couple times there and a map is mandatory.
I thought I heard they were doing a total redo a couple of years ago.
Definitely a family park and thus need to realize that. Last 2 times
we played were not pretty. One time in rain and the other on a very
hot day with very high humidity.
nthomas
Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2010 3:08:51 PM

They have new course signs up must have been installed in the last two days! Pretty cool Boone County even has a number to donate to the Disc Golf fund?Hopefully they won't be destroyed or ripped down.
L_Stephens
Posted: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 1:31:40 PM

The new bridges at Boone are very nice. Everyone saw the bridge on #10 during the Ace Race Day Glow...but the new bridge is complete on #14 now spanning the creek. The bridge on #14 is very well done and off to the side and doesn't come into play on your shots. The rip-rap on #15 is completed as well. Since the install of the new layout several changes have been made to the course...most for the good...a few for the bad....well...one for the bad.

I still can't believe #3 was moved further back bringing in the swing set behind the basket. If you get a good rip going for the deuce and don't hit a tree limb...you can brain someone with their back turned and enjoying a beautiful day in the park. I really feel the basket should be down in the cut out area....eventhough this area gets really wet during the spring...I'm sure a placement on the hillside could be handled..that is both dry and away from the swing set.

I'd also like to see a Mando left of the center tree on #13. I know the people in the apartments are encroaching on the parks property with their bird feeders/baths and other assorted stuff...but a simple mando causes you to shoot a gap and keeps us from creating discord with the neighbors.

A few low lying limbs on #4 could be trimmed...but that's being picky. Other than that I'm loving how my quick course before work is shaping up.
nthomas
Posted: Sunday, June 05, 2011 2:46:48 AM

Guess some one stole the basket on 7! ?
nthomas
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2011 7:35:19 PM

Man, this course is going to get pulled most likely. Vandals everywhere. Every hole has minimum two broken beer bottles, Graffiti on the side of the playground and they covered the teepad on hole 6 with white latex busted my ass and fell on a broken beer bottle. Anyways to put a trail cam on this hole and then beat the crap out of the Dbags that are destroying this course.
shex44
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 4:21:42 PM

Basket on hole 13 is missing. Wonder if the people who have the garden on that hole took it. On a different note, Just played there today and got aces on hole 10 and 12. numbers 4 and 5 of my career. got a 44 with 6 dueces and no 4s.
J-FO
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 12:07:52 PM

Does anyone know if there are plans to replace the #13 basket at Boone Woods?
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 12:34:12 PM

They are going to make another basket placement on the course, but probably not until spring time. The reason it was taken out is because someone felt the need to show off their language skills to the homeowner.  When playing, please don't act like it is your own personal course. It is a public course and is adjacent to homeowners who will have much more clout than you do.
T_Vincent
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2012 5:30:50 PM

Pictures of the current course have been updated.
InnocentCrook
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 12:31:04 PM

Some DB has almost completely broken the top chain assembly on hole 1. All the spokes that hold the "chastity belt" in place have been broken except for one.

WTF is wrong with people?
InnocentCrook
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 9:35:24 AM

Basket #1 has been re-welded and is in working order. Thanks to the Parks dept. or whoever did that.

Update on hole #13. Hole 13 has been relocated between holes 16 and 17. After you play 16 walk towards the basketball courts, the pad and teesign board are already in place. Back corner of the basketball courts (closest to the soccer field) tees off towards a basket in the back corner of the field. Similar pin position we use for the temp hole in the Day-Glow tourney but shorter and more of a mid-range hyzer shot.(assuming RHBH.)
brutalbrutus
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 9:11:31 AM

um i was looking at the course map for boone and it isnt even close to what is actually there you might want to check it out whoever controls the website the one on dgcoursereview looks pretty accurate cept for the new hole where they replaced 13
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 9:04:11 AM

Updated our page with that map, thanks for the heads up.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2013 4:08:11 PM

was out there today the basket on no. 17 is just sitting on the broken welds it was on the ground when we came up to it we pulled it up and turned it slightly so it would wedge itself on the welds but its gonna need to be reset and re welded
sisyphus
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2013 5:05:59 PM

That's the second time out there in a year. Somebody needs a lesson in respecting public property.