Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Osage Grove DGC in Goshen, Ohio Options
Troy
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:48:50 PM

Went out to Goshen today and it is a BEAUTIFUL course. I believe that it is a wooded Mt. Airy, long and wooded. Every hole has a fairway where you have at least one line to a basket. Adam, Drew and the crew have created a special course for not only the East side but the state of Ohio. Thank you to each and every one who has had a hand in getting this course done.
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:16:57 AM

@Mike, I wasn't trying to be insulting at all, just wanted to point out the the info is around, I keep forgetting there is talk of this course in several threads. Sorry if it came out that way, been under a ton of pressure and stress lately.

I could use some help with : Nicely labeled map for us and to post at the course
Someone to make sign designs, many have offered but no one has committed just yet.

I am working on the course page for out site, DGCR and others.
Gary and others will be at the course the next few days at certain times and can use any help if you have time.
Alot of others have asked me if they can cut down stuff and trim limbs. Please do not do this. We have already done all we need to do and if anyone will be doing this It is either myself, Gary B. or Drew M. Since no one else has been as involved with the design process you would not know why things are the way we have them and you may ruin our plans and make me very angry, you don't want me to get angry, lol. Everything there is for a particular reason or serves a purpose. Even though I have trees and stuff marked for cutting, please allow us time to get to them ourselves. Next focus will be on Tee sign posts and possibly some simple bridging. We will need lots of help this fall and winter clearing the other tee areas and pin locations so if you really feel the need to cut stuff we will have opportunities in the future. AJ 513-255-7275
sisyphus
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:52:44 AM

Hey gang, I had a chance to work a little with Gary last evening on the temp hole we'll use Saturday (even THAT is going to be nice!), and to chat about the future plans for the course. Folks, this thing is already good, and it's going to be GREAT: it sounds like there will eventually be an -average- of nearly THREE tees AND pin positions on each hole. So the lines and obstructing challenges are not only intended for the current setup.

There will be some monster challenges out there to make this course a wonderful experience for all skill levels. So I know I wouldn't personally want to question the design plans that Adam has AT ALL. The lines that might frustrate me out there right now are just 'the way it as', and all part of the fun. I plan to pick up debris, and if I had the tools, I'd focus on continually trimming back anything thorny along the edges. I won't even touch a sapling!
brutalbrutus
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 11:44:20 AM

i dont think we should actively kill the thorns off it would take a alot of teeth out of the course just let it get trampled naturaly by play
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:51:07 PM

Here is a link to my pic of the Goshen Discs

www.facebook.com/photo.php
borisbecker475
Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 1:59:18 PM

Adam, my name is Brett. I have just played this course for the first time today, and enjoyed the course. I would like to help you out in putting this course up on DGCR. I took photos of the signage and hole locations from the tee pads.

I have designed course maps and taken photos and added these two things to DGCR for courses up in Dayton. I would like to contribute to adding Osage Grove to DGCR. I hope that I can help out and introducing this course to the disc golfers in and out of town.

Let me know what you might need done or help with and I try my best.

Thank you
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 7:54:41 PM

Thanks for the offer Boris, I do have that started already and have others involved also. The course is open for play but it is still undergoing final phase completion before it is actually/technically "Open". Distances are still approximates and not entirely accurate and tee sign posts are next on the list with a few other minor details. I have had several people offer to work up a DGCR listing and as the designer I still want the right and privilege to handle this myself. I have a great graphic artist(Kevin Hurst) working on the map and signage, professional photographer(Rob Glover) handling course photos, Surveyor(Paul DeNu) acquiring proper data to within inches. All these wonderful people have been helping us install the course and have all graciously asked to handle these parts of the process for me. Please keep an eye out for the listing very soon and watch these forums for info on upcoming work days and other opportunities like this.
borisbecker475
Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 9:16:11 PM

That is really wonderful that you have that many people behind you in working to get this completed. I was just offering to give you a hand in this course. I live in Anderson and would be more than grateful if I could get a chance in helping you clean up this course to make professional
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, October 05, 2012 7:23:13 AM

Here is the current Tee sponsor list, contact me directly if you want to help support the course. We currently have 18 total Tees with more to come as we build them. Each Tee sponsorship is $300 for 10 years. I am still working on the proper paperwork/forms with the Goshen Park Board and hoping to be able to accept donations soon.

1. GCFDA
2. Donovan Go
4. Rob Glover
5. Kevin Hurst, Jason Hurst, Josh Collins
14. Paul Denu (short/current tee), Gary Beebe (long tee)
17. Kurt & Shauna Lahm & family
18. Adam Jones

If I have forgotten anyone please let me know, these are the ones I have in my notes so far.
Thanks to all for the support and help, contact me at : 513-255-7275
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2012 7:59:41 AM

Good news...due to this project and word spreading around, we r in the works with Stonelick State Park. We will be walking and planning the course from now till late next year. more details later.
kenbowski
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:28:35 PM

This course still isn't on DGCR, any idea when someone will post the details?
brutalbrutus
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:57:35 PM

if you scroll up you will see why adam wanted to get some more work done tees bridges and signage in first
kenbowski
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 2:42:55 PM

brutalbrutus wrote:
if you scroll up you will see why adam wanted to get some more work done tees bridges and signage in first

My bad, I read that awhile ago, but it seemed a lot longer than just Oct. 3rd.  My apologies. 
brutalbrutus
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 3:47:17 PM

it happens lol but i dont really blame them the more stuff they get done b4 the better the reviews will be plus it will be pretty treacherous this time of year in some of those gulleys the temporary steps were already getting washed over last time i was there
kenbowski
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 4:46:55 PM

I've been chomping at the bit to play the course!
brutalbrutus
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 5:32:00 PM

you can play it just wear long pants and print off a course map the one isnt exactly correct on hole 3 and 4 but it will get you around you can find the course map under volunteer events tab the 13th basket should be up soon i woud think but im not the man in charge
brutalbrutus
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 5:37:27 PM

speaking of which adam are you guys planning on trying to grow grass for hole 13 this fall or waiting till spring? cause that will be a mud hole after the farmer plows the crop till it freezes so you mite as well leave the basket out till spring if ya wait
902boland
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 4:04:07 PM

Was out there yesterday with a group of 7 people haha. Someone in front of us was playing while carrying a manual weed whip.
ADAM, would I be able to build a bridge or two across some of the streams? I don't want to be the boy who cried wolf but I would like to help out with something rather than nothing. Thanks Adam
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 6:47:37 AM

Watch these forums for specific projects like bridges and stuff, where we will organize the materials and tools needed, we need various sizes for certain bridges and we are finalizing those plans soon. Right now I am working on Tee sign posts and signage. Hole 13 may not be played till next spring due to the conditions and situations with the soy beans. Anyone can help clear weeds and briars from the rough at anytime. Course is open for play but it is still under construction and not technically "Open", I expect we will have the Grand Opening next spring. Thanks to all those that have been involved in this long journey. Tee sponsorships are available for over half the holes, $300 per tee for 10 years.
sisyphus
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 10:38:33 AM

Adam! I saw at the bottom of the page at DGCR that it's your birthday! Make sure you take a moment today to put your feet up and have a cold one, OK?
Happy Birthday!
robglover
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:09:10 AM

FYI the soybeans have been cut--so you can go crazy on hole 16.
Enjoy,
www.GoshenDiscGolf.com
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2012 6:41:03 AM

Thanks Jeff for the B-day wish.
I will be at the course on Saturday after I play the Ace Race, sometime in the afternoon till around sundown.
I have goshen discs and tee sponsor list, hit me up.
Discgolfnut
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 2:17:59 PM

Been over a week since I played The Osage. Having withdrawals.
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2012 9:04:21 AM

Here is the current Tee sponsor list, contact me directly if you want to help support the course. We currently have 18 total Tees with more to come as we build them. Each Tee sponsorship is $300 for 10 years. I am still working on the proper paperwork/forms with the Goshen Park Board and hoping to be able to accept donations soon.

1. GCFDA
2. Donovan Go
4. Rob Glover
5. Kevin Hurst, Jason Hurst, Josh Collins
11. Dave Marlow
14. Paul Denu (short/current tee), Gary Beebe (long tee)
15. Gary Anderson Chiropractic
17. Kurt & Shauna Lahm & family
18. Adam Jones

If I have forgotten anyone please let me know, these are the ones I have in my notes so far.
Thanks to all for the support and help, contact me at : 513-255-7275
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2012 6:09:54 PM

I have been informed that just recently some vandals have written on the baskets and tee pads and even some of the rock steps, any info on who these idiots are, please send it to me. If this continues or escalates I will personally close the course and pull the baskets till next year when it is finally finished, I don't want to do that but things like this will simply force my hand. Please keep an eye out for anyone engaging in such poor behavior. thank you. This most likely happened yesterday (Sunday), I was there Saturday and although I had not seen the entire course due to my focus of work to accomplish but I did not see anything while I was there.