Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Williamsburg Options
Fosterjon35
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2012 6:29:33 PM

Hey guys I just lost my star eagle on hole 5 somehow just to the right in the bushes which is a common spot that the disc land I looked for 20 mins but no luck it has my name and number on it , Jon foster , appreciate it if someone finds it and thanks
Fosterjon35
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2012 6:30:45 PM

Hey guys I just lost my star eagle on hole 5 somehow just to the right in the bushes which is a common spot that the disc land I looked for 20 mins but no luck it has my name and number on it , Jon foster , appreciate it if someone finds it and thanks
amatz
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 1:02:02 PM

I played last year at this course in the fall. Wasn't sure about the holes in the wooded area. Some of the holes had different postings as to what hole we were playing.
Looking over this forum, it sounds like the course is being redesigned. I like that map posted on here.

I'm planning to play here this coming Wednesday. Was just wondering if the course design is finished. And if the tees are labeled better. I guess it is 19 holes.

Appreciate any info.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 6:33:55 PM

amatz wrote:
I played last year at this course in the fall. Wasn't sure about the holes in the wooded area. Some of the holes had different postings as to what hole we were playing. Looking over this forum, it sounds like the course is being redesigned. I like that map posted on here. I'm planning to play here this coming Wednesday. Was just wondering if the course design is finished. And if the tees are labeled better. I guess it is 19 holes. Appreciate any info.

its still the same for the most part but they have added fly18 pads up on the hill
sisyphus
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 9:01:50 PM

Hi amatz, I just put a newer map on Disc Golf Course Review that was done by one of the guys. Hope that helps. --Jeff A.
amatz
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 11:50:34 PM

Thanks brutalbrutus & Jeff A. I went to DGC Review and printed the map out and it was the one I saw in this forum, very nice.
alex.e
Posted: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 11:04:54 PM

I know most of the focus course development wise is going towards goshen and this is just a thought but i thought it a thought worth sharing. Would it be possible at some point to maybe nix holes 2,3 & 4 and maybe use some of the older holes that are still somewhat defined (I believe one of the old tee pads for a hole going back into the woods is right in front of the basket on hole 18) to replace them? Then start at hole 1, walk down the track to 5(which would become 2) then the natural order of the course except where new holes are added. I think something like that could put the burg right up there with idlewild, mt. airy, osage grove and banklick, dependeding on the difficulty of the 3 holes added.
sisyphus
Posted: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 11:10:27 PM

I wouldn't say eliminate any...rather add 2 (to make it 21) or 5 (24) holes somehow. It does need some stairs up & down the hill, and some sprucing up, to go in a class with the big four. Would be worth it, for sure. I enjoy the 'berg!
brutalbrutus
Posted: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 11:25:03 PM

someone has been doing work out there off and on there is a long tee on 17(16 depending on what sign you look at lol) that is near the basket for the next hole it makes that hole a absolute beast but the weeds are almost always to long to play it but this time of year you can we usually play that hole twice once normal then after we play 18 we step in the trees to the right of the basket there is a concrete pad its small but its there
brutalbrutus
Posted: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 11:29:12 PM

oh and maybe they could redesign the course to eliminate the need to walk down that hill they coould turn the pad left and have a basket off in that direction then you walk a traildown kinda like the one up to 17 tee at mt airy then you could play another hole back to the downhill basket there is already a walking trail that winds down the river so they wouldnt even need to clear much for that one
alex.e
Posted: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 11:49:47 PM

I agree the upkeep would have to improve to be in a class with the big 4. I also think the downhill hole should stay, just add some steps. If holes 2-4 are kept they at least need trees. I honestly don't dislike open holes like that because of ease (I can use all the easy holes I can get) but rather I think they make the course ugly. Brutus - are you talking about the second hole after you come back down the hill, that dog legs left? I feel like I've seen that tee pad before. I'll have to play it next time.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:09:47 AM

yup thats the one been awhile since i played it but i think it ads a hundred feet to the the hole maybe more
Troy
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:11:50 AM

We will be working on the course in the future (Weather permitting). One of the problems that we have is that all changes have to go through th Williamsburg city council. We would love to add trees to the open holes but they don't want the hassle of mowing around the trees and leaves falling off the trees in the fall. They also have Frontier Days when they have idiots (People who love to dress up in frontier gear) camp on the course (Blocking holes 1,2,3,4,5,6,18 and 19). The hill needs steps desperately and will need to be done this year. Signs need to be redone starting at hole 9 to hole 19. The pads that we put down need to be taken up and have crushed gravel placed under them. Finally, hole 17 does have a long tee pad (Thanks to Donovan Go and his crew) but it actually runs through the small creek bed which is hard to navigate when wet. We cleared the fairway at least twice of the vegitation but it rarely gets used so it grows back quickly. If anyone would like to help I can set up some work days and get some of this done. Just PM me and I will put you on a list. I will set up a doubles tourney to get funds to get the signs placed.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:06:58 PM

you would thiink they would have built the steps already if for nothing else than liability though there is probably a play at your own risk sign somewhere there
alex.e
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:37:33 PM

Had the pleasure of the playing the long tee on 17, turns that hole into maybe the hardest on the course. Also I guess I was mistaken about the other random tee pad.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:38:35 PM

there is a random tee pad in the woods ive seen it and it has one of the nice signs next to it its somewhere in between lower 9 and 16 or in that area somewhere
alex.e
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 8:19:03 PM

Yea I have seen that one as well. If you look at the sign next to it it appears to be an alternate tee for 9 which wouldn't make much sense, it would make it more like a putt putt hole, not very long but very difficult. Although, I may be wrong and it could have been from the old layout. Also up before 14, right after the meadow hole on top of the hill it looks like there is some space for another hole, however I don't know the property line constraints.
Troy
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 10:38:09 AM

One of the things that I would like to do is make this course one that people would want to drive to like our big 3. It is only 20 - 25 minutes away from Goshen and we could make this an Eastside combo. Please give constructive ideas about what this course needs to accomplish my goal. Thank you.
GaryBB
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 12:02:07 PM

I have played Burg alot and one small thing that could be improved is the hole numbering. Once you play thru 9 low it gets crazy.

Looking forward to the CCS I will try to get out a few hours and pickup.
Troy
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 12:55:01 PM

GaryBB wrote:
I have played Burg alot and one small thing that could be improved is the hole numbering. Once you play thru 9 low it gets crazy. Looking forward to the CCS I will try to get out a few hours and pickup.

We will renumber the holes for the CCS. Looking at getting new tee signs for the course. Thanks for the input.thumbsup
brutalbrutus
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 1:43:37 PM

unfortunately I think that would take a lot of work troy new baskets for the first 6 holes and 18, or removal of the first 6 and new holes added in the woods somewhere there is just not enough challenge in them. are the woods behind 19 tee owned by the park? cuz there is some nice terrain up there for a couple holes I know everybody loves the downhill hole but either some steps or removal of that hole I think is needed I spoke awhile back on this matter if ya scroll up
alex.e
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 5:18:42 PM

I think the steps could easily be tackled before the ccs. Just need wheelbarrows, shovels and people. The rocks are in the river. On Saturday we only had 5 people show and limited tools and still accomplished a lot. More bodies and we can turn that course into a jewel.
alex.e
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 5:23:12 PM

And on the hole situation, I would rather see only 2-4 removed/relocated. There is space on the other side of the walking track that is starting to be cleared so I'm sure it's intended for something else but you could put a technical 250 hole there. You could still start at 1 and then play the new hole and then on to what's now 5. Then put other 2 in woods.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 5:29:12 PM

take out 5 basket and play to 6 from 5 tee? or maybe make a long tee for no5 in the area your talking about
brutalbrutus
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 5:33:46 PM

or maybe a long basket for no5 there is a lot of space therebetween 5 basket and 6 tee