Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

How much is too much ? Options
DiscDogNation
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:59:10 PM

I am a rec player ... almost obsessed with golf now though.

I try and play a minimum of 72 holes a weekend and can generally meet that without much issue but I have the liberty of having the weekends off.

I REALLY liked the flying pig weekend (not just because I am overweight) but because it was a 2 day event. 

So my question is this ..... (maybe this has been done ... please tell me if it has) but how about running a tournament during the summer when the days are long where you have 2 full days of long hard courses like

Course Set One ...
Idlewild / Mt Airy

Course Set Two
Sycamore Trails / Handyman Ace Hardware

Sunday night you meet somewhere right off 75 .... like my house ... I'll buy a keg and we can grill out and piss off the neighbors and have an awards parrty

too aggressive ?

too much golf ?

too far to drive ?

Dawgii
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 5:16:54 AM

There is no such thing as too much, well at least not until you cause actual bodily injury :P I like you're idea and would like to see the Big 3 played in consecutive days instead of spreading it months apart. There are plenty of good courses to have events but I think the issue is that there are only a few tournament directors/organizers (They do a damn good job btw!). Hopefully next year more step up to the plate and create some more great tournaments.
awesomebob
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 9:06:36 AM

If we get enough interest i will do this tourney big 3 in a weekend over 3 days sounds like fun to me
sisyphus
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 11:21:23 AM

Hey Bob, don't neglect the possibility of making it a big 4! Osage Grove, Lincoln Ridge, Idlewild, and Mt. Airy. With at least a two hour break on Saturday, plus some evening festivities, and even a final nine for the leaders on Sunday, that would make an awesome A-tier. It might start as small as a three on a card B-tier, but it could grow to quadruple in field size (5x(18+24+24+20)=430 players!) if folks can help run each location daily.
Not saying I've got the stamina for it, and I give all the credit in the world to the Bluegrass Open and the Nati Big 3, but wow, we can dream, right?
brutalbrutus
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 11:38:15 AM

sisyphus and me need to have a weight loss contest lol speaking of you going to banklick tommorow?
sisyphus
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 6:37:55 PM

No, thought about it, but didn't really have a P to BYO. I'm planning on helping Adam out at the Mt. Airy park festival for a while, though.
Everybody: have fun out at Lincoln Ridge! ...or Buck Creek! ...or Indian Mound! (I actually considered all of those for the 13th...heh).
brutalbrutus
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2012 6:41:14 AM

i would imagine there will be a few guys that go stag hoping to find a partner
Helmon
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 4:08:57 AM

There are many great classes to possess functions nevertheless I believe the problem is that we now have just one or two tournament directors & organizers.