Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2013 Icebowl Krazy Series Options
discndat
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:36:06 PM

annouce Registration list has been updated. Keep them coming. Save you some time standing in the cold on Saturday. Well worth it.

Harbin Ice Bowl Current Registration
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 11:20:24 AM

21 pre-registered now - thanks. Looks like we get a little warmup for tomorrow. Intervals of sun and clouds, high of 32. Come on out and have some Ice Bowl fun!
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 11:42:08 AM

Since this is on the 2nd page I thought I'd put this out there again.

Tourney Central will be at the big shelter up by the sledding hill so we can have a fire. So instead of turning left to go to hole one, keep straight - the parking lot and shelter will be on your right. Please pass this on. Bring some wood if you have it.
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 1:51:40 PM

I keep forgetting to add this - the club is contributing $1 per person who plays in the 4 Ice Bowls. A big thanks to the club from myself and Fairhaven.  So, we have an anonymous donor who is contributing a $1 per person along with the club's $1. So come on out and be counted. We've had other donations also. Keep them coming.
discndat
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 6:18:40 AM

ONLINE registration is now closed. Any online registrations will be for AJ Jolly now. Come on out and signup on site. We'll have a fire going. Have your HOT game with you today.
discndat
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 6:36:26 AM

R U Ready for some ICE BOWWWWLLLLLLL???!!!!
Troy
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 9:17:38 AM

I want to thank Dan for an awesome time yesterday. I like helping Dan work the events because I get to meet more people and learn from Dan. The fire was really needed and I want to thank Big John who not only brought a lot of wood but worked carrying the wood from his truck.
discndat
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2013 12:47:47 PM

First off, let me say thanks to anyone who has helped in any way at the Ice Bowls. Special thanks to Troy and Jeff - you guys rock. I finally got the scores up on this site yesterday. I have had some computer issues so it has been slow. It will take a few more days before I get the totals up for the series. My computer crashed and burned so I'm working on retreiving files.

We have approximately $1600 raised for Fairhaven after the first two Ice Bowls. Keep it up and we'll reach our goal. Thanks everybody. Raffle tickets are still available for the Innova Discatcher Sport. $2 ticket, 6 for $10 - drawing at the finale at Lincoln Ridge. Proceeds will go to Fairhaven. I know a few of you could use a basket for some "practice putting" - not naming any names!

Ice Bowl #3 at AJ Jolly is next Saturday February 9. Get pre-registered and save you and us some time. Please pass the word that the Ice Bowl finale at Lincoln Ridge is a PDGA C-tier with non-member fees waived.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2013 11:09:17 PM

whats up with the parking for AJ next weeks will we have to pay?
discndat
Posted: Saturday, February 02, 2013 1:19:27 PM

Not sure on that yet Brutal - will know this coming Monday. We may just park outside. We'll work something out.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 2:13:18 PM

Thanks to Brian Trapp - no parking fee on Saturday. I really appreciate Brian working with the park to get this done.  The charity tournament is what sealed it, along with Brian pushing for it.

Oh, I've had one of THOSE weeks so I haven't gotten the series totals done yet. They are coming...
robglover
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 9:02:03 PM

Sorry to hear you've had one of THOSE weeks Dan.
agentdozzer
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 8:28:19 AM

Glad to hear this worked out, maybe Brian can work something out for the ccs coming up in October.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 8:38:08 AM

the club guys got us in last year without paying so i wouldnt see it as a problem
agentdozzer
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:06:19 AM

The club paid for the parking last year, after a couple of months of trying to contact the park they called me the day before the tourney, and the officers made a good call and paid for it. The park guy said he would want to discuss future tourneys and the fee we would have to pay. At one point he said he wanted a cut off the profits from tourney.
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 11:31:13 AM

Brutal - not a problem per se, but it is an issue. The Park wants payment to play the disc golf course. The reason YOU didn't have to pay last year was because the club DID PAY for it.  We don't have to pay for this tourney because it is a charity event for Fairhaven Rescue Mission and Brian worked really hard to get that through.  Brian can let the officers know what the park people told him.  So again, thanks to Brian and thanks to AJ Jolly Park for letting us have the tourney there.
Troy
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 11:48:30 AM

I appreciate what the club did last year and don't expect them to do it again this year. I will pay the fee if needed and have fun playing disc golf. There is always the option of car pooling and sharing the cost. Thanks to Brian for being the middle man and helping us for this event.
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 1:37:41 PM

Current Registration for AJ Jolly is up. Keep them coming. Going to be a great day to play.

discndat
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 3:37:45 PM

Really sorry for the delay. I now have the Series totals after the first two Ice Bowls up. You can access them from the Ice Bowl page or I'll attach one here. If you see any mistakes let me know.

File Attachment(s):
2013 Ice Bowl Krazy Series Totals after 2.xls (26kb) downloaded 37 time(s).

discndat
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 5:08:12 PM

Bob Roberts - I have made the corrections on your name. I apologize. I also have DND Dollars from Harbin for you.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 11:34:41 AM

discndat wrote:
Ok, I finally got around to this. Here is a Pledge Sheet that you can use to help get friends, family, businesses or whoever to help in our cause. Note: the pledge sheet states number of holes played, but you can do whatever you like such as an amount pledged for each event you play, an amount pledged per number of participants in an event or the entire series. Be creative, do what you can. It all helps. Thanks in advance and see you all on Saturday. The top fundraiser gets a $50 Gift Certificate from Disc 'n Dat.

So, anyone else in on this? We have one person who has raised some money for the tourney fundraiser. C'mon, lets see if we can get some more and make this a big donation this year. Plus, the $50 gift certificate is there for the taking.

File Attachment(s):
Pledge Sheet for Ice Bowl Krazy Series.doc (158kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

NatiBuckeye
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 6:52:40 PM

1. Are you keeping the series winner prize a secret Dan?
2. I would gladly pay a parking fee. Recreation departments need money
discndat
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2013 1:51:43 PM

NatiBuckeye - yes and no to the secret for Series winner. In that I haven't really thought about the prizes for the winners I guess it is a secret - even to me. It depends on how many people participate in each division as to what the total for the prizes will be for that division.

Yes, the parks departments are hurting just like many companies and individuals are in these tough times. 

See you all tomorrow. I'll have some new Innova Terns Star Stamp and Stock stamp, McBeth Roc3's and 15th Anniversary Rocs. Let me know if you want anything specific and I'll try to bring it with me. I'll be leaving around 5 here.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2013 3:54:26 PM

if you have any of the SHOCKs in stock it be nice to look at them and if i cash i will buy one and if you have any of those smoke wasps still bring those
brutalbrutus
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2013 11:51:54 AM

i know you had a tough week dan so thx for making yesterday a fun day for all of us