Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Course Work 2013 Options
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:27:35 AM

Thanks to all those that have helped out last year, we accomplished a ton of work.

This saturday I will be out at Goshen from @ 8:30am till somewhere after 2pm. or so.

Anyone willing to donate to the new signs for Mt.Airy please contact Fred Salaz asap please.

We are in need of someone to draw up some sketches for the holes at Burnet Woods for new signs and map, contact me for other details please.
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2013 7:16:58 AM

Andrew and I will be out at Goshen working on the course tomorrow if anyone not playing wants to help out, should be there by 9am. till later in the afternoon.
agentdozzer
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:41:48 AM

My work just started to get one of our biggest ingredients in 55 gallon drums, I was told I could take as many as I would like home so if anyone wants to use them on any of the courses as trash cans just let me know. They took the first couple to the scrap yard yesterday but we have heard you really dont get anything for them so I believe I will have a large supply.
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 10:23:20 AM

That`s right, this Saturday from about 8am till we get tired, we will be out at the Osage Grove course working on lots of stuff. Any landscape pro`s that want to give some time and effort please consider coming out soon, we are planning lots of stuff for this year and could use all the help we can get. The weather this winter has hindered much of our efforts and limited our progress so we will be hitting the course hard this spring and summer. As always if you know ahead of time if you will be coming out please let me know so I can plan accordingly, thanks guys. 513-255-7275
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 10:43:01 AM

I will be out at Osage Grove Sunday the 7th, checking on things and possibly rotating some baskets. Anyone that is interested in working on some projects please consider meeting with me so I can delegate the work. I will be there by 9am and plan on playing a round later that afternoon.
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:25:47 AM

I will be at Osage Grove this Saturday, Let me know if you can help, plenty of work to do.
Sunday I will be at Mt.Airy working on stuff.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:23:19 PM

Anything in particular you will be working on at Mt Airy?
AdamJ
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:04:48 AM

AdamJ wrote:
I will be at Osage Grove this Saturday, Let me know if you can help, plenty of work to do. Sunday I will be at Mt.Airy working on stuff.

Sorry everyone but, I have to swap days, Saturday at Airy and Sunday at Osage.
Meeting with Cincy Parks on Saturday to discuss our plans for the year and a upcoming Clean up day on April 27th.

Today at Airy we will be just handling a simple hole by hole clean up, every spring I do this and usually try to get it done before the Parks first mowing of the year.
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 10:46:56 AM

This Saturday is Goshen Parks annual Clean-up Day at the Kathryn Stagge-Marr Park, where we have been installing the Osage Grove course. They could use all the help we can get. Will be starting at 8am and working all day, feel free to come out at anytime. Will have more details soon.

Also at Mt.Airy Forest on Saturday April 27th I will be supervising a large group of about 75 volunteers from our community and will need help running things. Will be spreading mulch, gravel and working on honeysuckle removal with the Park maintenance crew. By having us involved in these events and showing support for the Cincinnati Parks is how we have been able to get the new baskets, benches, alternate pins and more. It also generates numbers of volunteer hours for us to show them to which we get waived a ton of fees for running events in the parks. Just a little bit of help can go a very long way. thanks everyone for all the help and support, means a lot to me and the club.
surgediscgolf
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 5:56:18 PM

Adam, we built the bridge over the creek between No. 14 and No. 15 today. It's 12' x 4' , supported by three 2" x 10"s. The bridge sits on concrete abutments that are no longer visible... ...we backfilled around the ends of the bridge. It should help with the erosion of the creek banks where everyone was jumping from one side to the other. There are some pics on my Facebook page.
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 9:44:08 PM

Fine craftmanship, looks great! Took the wife out today to show her what I've been working on over the last 3 years. I had her hopping all over the place, by the time we got to 14/15 she was real appreciative, as we all should be. Thanks Paul!
Fred Salaz
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:12:32 AM

[quote=AdamJ]
Also at Mt.Airy Forest on Saturday April 27th I will be supervising a large group of about 75 volunteers from our community and will need help running things. Will be spreading mulch, gravel and working on honeysuckle removal with the Park maintenance crew. 

Will any of this work be done on the disc golf course?

AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:04:05 PM

@Fred, yes, all on or around the course. Can I count on your help?
Fred Salaz
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:40:12 PM

Adam, I have to work that day but I will be cleaning up up #10's rough next week if that counts.
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2013 5:52:28 AM

Update: Due to the bad weather today there is a chance that Goshen may cancel their clean-up day, will let ya all know when I hear for certain.
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2013 7:56:44 PM

Goshen has canceled their clean-up day, but I am still going out and will be there from 9am till mid afternoon.
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:48:33 AM

This Saturday the 27th I need lots of help at Mt.Airy DGC
I will have around 75 volunteers coming and need some of our crew to help supervise teams. Sounds like there will be a bunch of kids in this group.
Will be starting at 9am and meeting near area 3 which is the parking area by the bathrooms and swing-set. Done with them at noon but we may continue on to finish what we need to. Will be clearing honeysuckle on holes 17-18(right side rough) and possibly more, mulching tees, baskets, and trees, and adding more gravel to the trails where needed.
I need our guys to be available around 8-8:30 to prepare. I will be there much earlier to work out final details with the Parks crews. Please contact me directly so I can plan accordingly and be better prepared. Thanks.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:47:34 AM

you should do a little work around fred's new baskets on 10 and 12 alittle shrubbery in those areas but not to bad
GaryBB
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:13:31 AM

Played Dubs @ Goshen last night, the course is looking good, the bridge on 15 is nice. I noticed a lot of trash around the park, My son and I are going to make a trash run through the park one night this week. I have only a few hours available this weekend or I would help at Airy. Are there are more buckets that could be installed out at goshen? I could make time to do that.
AdamJ
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 5:17:54 AM

@Gary. Give me a call later bud.

Anybody coming out to help me with all these volunteers? Please be at the parking area by the swing set and bathrooms between 8-8:30am if possible, volunteers will be showing up by 9.
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2013 9:27:04 AM

Thanks to Abby and Mike for giving me a hand with the volunteers, we where able to get a lot of work done in just 3 hours. Will have a few more days like this throughout the year, so if you couldn`t make this one you will have other chances to help out. Remember that by helping the Parks with events like these, they in turn waive their fees for shelters, upgrades to the course like the new baskets, alternate pins, adding mulch and gravel where we need it and more.

This Saturday we will be out at Osage Grove in Goshen. From 9am till around 5pm. Tons of work to do so what we do depends on who shows.
If you are interested in taking on a small project like stairs or bridges or simple clearing of briars and other nasty stuff from certain holes please let me know or try to meet with me at the course for a detailed plan. Cell# is 513-255-7275
Just got word that we will be able to start taking sponsorships very soon, hopefully within the next few weeks. Details on that are coming soon.