Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2013 Brent Hamvrick Memorial Open- PDGA A-Tier event Options
pawpaw
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:24:56 AM

17th Annual Brent Hambrick Memorial Open

The 17th Annual Brent Hambrick Memorial Open will once again be contested at the scenic Hoover Reservoir in Westerville, Ohio. Play will be contested on the 27 hole Brent Hambrick Memorial DCG. Both the Amateur and Professional weekends will feature an 81 hole format, with a final nine for both weekends as well. Player capacity for both weekends is 110 players.

Columbus has been a stop on the prestigious PDGA tour since the early 90’s when Brent Hambrick (PDGA #2797) ran one of the best tournaments in the country – The Columbus Open. Brent set the standard for all tournaments with his professionalism and attention to details. After losing his battle with Leukemia in 1997, the tournament was renamed in his honor and has been a charity fundraiser for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. To date, the BHMO has raised over $49,500 for this charity. Raising $4500 in 2012!

The Columbus Flyers Disc Golf Club takes great pride in hosting the BHMO. We continue to strive to present the most competitive courses and the best player experience possible, all the while “Keeping the Memory Alive”.

The BHMO features a final 9 with the famous “Dam Shot” and one of the biggest galleries you will see all year. With many player amenities from a players’ party at Quaker Steak and Lube to Dairy Queen Treats, we hope your tournament experience is enjoyable and memorable. We look forward to seeing old friends, and making new ones.

Cordially,

Paul Jay – 2013 BHMO TD and CFDGC President
Columbus Flyers DGC

The A-Tier Pro divisions will include all Men and Women, Open Pro, Masters, Grandmasters, and Sr. Grandmasters.
The A-Tier AM divisions will include Men and Women- Advanced, Intermediate, and Recreational, as well as Novice.
All divisions require at least 4 players to open a division.

BHMO website-
http://www.bhmo.org/
JEFFV
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 4:46:51 PM

I would go but had a bad expierence last year...
perica
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:09:12 PM

?
schick
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 12:12:33 AM

JEFFV wrote:
I would go but had a bad expierence last year...

Seems to happen at several tournaments a year for you....cry
finnhawc
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 2:21:04 AM

Experiences are like luck we have good and bad, which do you dwell on makes all the difference.
agentdozzer
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 8:56:33 AM

Finnhawc dropping the yoda type knowledge the force is strong with this one.
finnhawc
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:29:05 AM

pawpaw wrote:

The 17th Annual Brent Hambrick Memorial Open will once again be contested at the scenic Hoover Reservoir in Westerville, Ohio. Play will be contested on the 27 hole Brent Hambrick Memorial DCG. Both the Amateur and Professional weekends will feature an 81 hole format, with a final nine for both weekends as well. Player capacity for both weekends is 110 players.

Columbus has been a stop on the prestigious PDGA tour since the early 90’s when Brent Hambrick (PDGA #2797) ran one of the best tournaments in the country – The Columbus Open. Brent set the standard for all tournaments with his professionalism and attention to details. After losing his battle with Leukemia in 1997, the tournament was renamed in his honor and has been a charity fundraiser for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. To date, the BHMO has raised over $49,500 for this charity. Raising $4500 in 2012!

The Columbus Flyers Disc Golf Club takes great pride in hosting the BHMO. We continue to strive to present the most competitive courses and the best player experience possible, all the while “Keeping the Memory Alive”.

The BHMO features a final 9 with the famous “Dam Shot” and one of the biggest galleries you will see all year. With many player amenities from a players’ party at Quaker Steak and Lube to Dairy Queen Treats, we hope your tournament experience is enjoyable and memorable. We look forward to seeing old friends, and making new ones.

Cordially,

Columbus Flyers DGC

The A-Tier Pro divisions will include all Men and Women, Open Pro, Masters, Grandmasters, and Sr. Grandmasters.
The A-Tier AM divisions will include Men and Women- Advanced, Intermediate, and Recreational, as well as Novice.

BHMO website-
JEFFV
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:45:45 AM

schick wrote:

Lol pretty sure the only other bad expierence last year  was the disc n dat which I got injured and a local tourny bc of payout which was minor...This was a little worse bc a rule was broken and I felt like I was treated unfair a little ...Not a big deal and I apperciate all the work that goes in I really do!  Just dont like being treated unfair especially one of the biggest tournaments I play all year.    I'm sure you didn't have a problem with it schick they treat you like a king up there lol plus keep talking smack it shows what kind of top professional that you are..You think Ken Climo would say that?
JEFFV
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 12:44:07 PM

perica wrote:
?

1st round of tournament they had  most of the best players in the same groups I would say out of the 23 1000 rated players at least 18 of them were in the same group all super pros and they all got to start in the front of the park..Well I wasn't one of them and I was put in the back of the park with avg rating of 960 for my card and no 1000 rated players in sight...Pretty much I felt I like an am and played like one to lol.  But the rule is either random grouping or by rating the first round  it was neither..I'm sure it was a honest mistake and it's really not a big deal Paul and the crew does a good job I'm just going to stay away this year so it doesn't happen again to me.  Other than that I had good times in the years past  it's a good tourney!
schick
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 1:55:47 PM

JEFFV wrote:

Lol pretty sure the only other bad expierence last year  was the disc n dat which I got injured and a local tourny bc of payout which was minor...This was a little worse bc a rule was broken and I felt like I was treated unfair a little ...Not a big deal and I apperciate all the work that goes in I really do!  Just dont like being treated unfair expically one of the biggest tournaments I play all year.    I'm sure you didn't have a problem with it schick they treat you like a king up there lol plus keep talking smack it shows what kind of top professional that you are..You think Ken Climo would say that?

Wasn't talking smack...not sure where you got that? Do you think Climo would put a huge log and sticks in several baskets because he was mad? Actions speak louder than words....
schick
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 1:56:24 PM

pawpaw wrote:

Cordially,

Columbus Flyers DGC

BHMO website-

Back to the topic at hand....
gary costa
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 2:08:16 PM

I will be there Schick!! And I'm coming for you!!! Be scared!
JEFFV
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 2:36:36 PM

schick wrote:

Lol okay schick that's where I got it buddy..Would climo or nate doss or avery jenkins or any top player or any of my real friends say this???  Didn't think so you are a sponsored player and a top player in Ohio there is no need for it..Im not sponsored or a top player as of yet, so putting the sticks in two years ago kinda as a joke doesn't really matter...What matters is you still complaing on the course and getting on here saying dumb stuff year after year for many years no one wants to hear it man im out there having a good time staying positive and saying good shot and getting people in the game..what are you doing?
finnhawc
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 6:35:01 PM

Just get a spellcheck program and your post may become understandable. Grammar shool rule #1 if you live in a glass house, don't throw stones...
JEFFV
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:48:41 PM

lol yea my spelling might be bad but who doesn't understand? What's with you playing advance man? Biggest bagger i've seen :)
brutalbrutus
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 12:21:24 AM

well in finn's defense the new open grandmasters has thinned the open master field down so they didnt actually have one at aj jolly only open grandmasters and open
finnhawc
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 8:36:23 AM

You may think people underdstand what you are saying, Jeff. Punctuation would help ease misunderstanding.

Your attitude has improved over the last year;so, hopefully that will translate into a better reputation for you.

As for me I can take a bit of smack talk- I know why I played AM. Good Luck with not playing the BHMO. BTW I agree grouping all of the top rated players together is not cool and very unfair. Sadly, this happens all the time at NT events as far back as 2003 BG open (super tour-back then). It should be blind random- shuffle 'em and place 'em. Alas, some monkeys like to cheat to win.
finnhawc
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 8:37:35 AM

schick wrote:

Back to the topic at hand....
finnhawc
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 8:38:37 AM

pawpaw wrote:

Cordially,

Columbus Flyers DGC

BHMO website-
pawpaw
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 9:12:35 AM

pawpaw wrote:

Cordially,

Columbus Flyers DGC

BHMO website-
JEFFV
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 10:37:45 AM

Okay as long as you're having fun that's all that matters! My goal is to have the most fun I can have and be surrounded by positive people this year!
pawpaw
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 3:30:22 PM

pawpaw wrote:

Cordially,

Columbus Flyers DGC

BHMO website-
pawpaw
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 3:30:59 PM

pawpaw wrote:

Cordially,

Columbus Flyers DGC

BHMO website-
pawpaw
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2013 1:37:44 PM

FYI---- I have raised the cap for the AM event. I will be accepting 125.
Go to bhmo.org to register
discndat
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 1:17:57 PM

Congratulations to Cyrus Fuhrman for a 5th place finish in Open at the Hambrick. Sweet one Cyrus, just out of the final 9 too. Gary Costa finished 12th. Pete Caldwell brings home a 2nd place finish in Masters while Jim Ferarra takes 2nd in Grandmasters. Nice way to represent there fellas.