finnhawc
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:28:55 PM

Anyone?
sisyphus
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:55:50 PM

I'm sure I speak for most of the other noobs around here: "Huh?"
finnhawc
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:45:34 PM

Nine hole course in Owensville, very cool open layout- I've never enjpyed such an open course more. The safari possibilities are yummy. Don't go O.B. , which surround the park and is in play for at least five holes. THE latest course in the Greater Cincy area, sorry Goshen. Next course, please..:)
brutalbrutus
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 12:46:02 AM

i think someone needs to invent a disc vending machine lol with all these courses opening all over the country there has got to be some money in it

p.s. if anyone makes a fortune on this remember it was my idea hahaha
mikejenkins1
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 6:18:39 AM

Ok, so what can you tell us about this course? Is it new? Is there a map or pictures? I only live about 20 min away from this area and always looking for a new course to play. Let us know more.
sisyphus
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 8:36:11 AM

Wow! I live out in Eastgate, and never heard of this either. Thrilled to go play it soon. Who should I contact to help get this up on DGCR?
You know, we need to update our club map (Osage Grove is up -and Adam will post when ready- , Walton is fine, Pride is playable, and now one in Owensville!?)
Wish I knew more about helping update the map, ...or with this many changes, should we just link through DGCR??
finnhawc
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 8:46:08 AM

Newest in new. Open layout in a small area(meaning not a lot of trees) with an elevation change on every hole. A walking path encircles the perimeter like the first four holes at Williamsburg. Tee pads aren't in yet but they had dead grass where some kind of pad was. No Tee signs yet, however, the baskets are marked. These baskets are great! I can't remember the brand, something I've never seen.
finnhawc
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 8:52:41 AM

GAUCHE PARK DRIVE. Owensville, OH . Off Short, which is just off OH-132.
mikejenkins1
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 11:33:22 AM

So finnhawc could you get some pics and a layout to post?

As for the comment about a disc vending machine, have you seen places that sell shirts and stuff in a machine.
So that is a real possibility.

Plus we always wished someone would come up with a thing to put on your disc (like the lights that are very small) that would help locate it. Some kind of gps app with a locator app?
fishnut
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 2:17:40 PM

Played it last thursday, fun course, close to home. Hope they get some signs soon, would help to know the distances.
Real excited to have a new place to play on the east side!
fishnut
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 2:53:46 PM

"Walton is fine, Pride is playable"

Where are these courses? I have no idea where to look for them.
finnhawc
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 3:08:42 PM

Pictures? I'm too busy for the next few months- I'll ask a local that lives nearby. Hole 1 goes to the right at a 45 degree angle - basket is about 20-25 feet below the Tee- it is fairly straightforward from there. But, like I said making up your own holes(safari styles) is easy to do here-using the walking path as alternate Tees.
finnhawc
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 3:10:40 PM

Walton, KY not sure but pride is on the course directory( see above) isn't it?
fishnut
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 3:24:05 PM

Thanks for answering, I found them on disc golf review. Don't see either of them on course listings.
As for Gauche's layout, they killed the grass where the tees are supposed to be , they point you to the next hole, easy to follow. The hardest to find was the first hole, tee is up by rest rooms.
gw0904
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 4:26:29 PM

mikejenkins1 wrote:
. Plus we always wished someone would come up with a thing to put on your disc (like the lights that are very small) that would help locate it. Some kind of gps app with a locator app?

This exists - not quite as you've described it, but...   www.discbeeper.com

brutalbrutus
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 5:29:10 PM

[quote=mik As for the comment about a disc vending machine, have you seen places that sell shirts and stuff in a machine. So that is a real possibility. Plus we always wished someone would come up with a thing to put on your disc (like the lights that are very small) that would help locate it. Some kind of gps app with a locator app?[/quote]

yea and it wouldnt have to involve a lot of discs either more like beginner stuff and/or towels and rosin bags sports tape stuff like that i wonder how many people have walked by baskets at parks and wished they had a disc to throw or even knew what they were for
sisyphus
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 10:29:11 PM

Hey folks, I tried a couple of ways to contact the folks who put this course in, then went and played it today, took pictures, paced off distances and created a map. Feeling a little guilty (sorry if I jumped the gun), I contacted the 'founder' of DG course review on the etiquette of adding a course to their lists. He told me to go ahead, so the Gauche Park course is now up on DGCR:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5826
--Jeff A
finnhawc
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 10:37:45 PM

Good work, Jeff! I'm sure that a proactive approach like that can only be appreciated. If you can, contact Donovan Go as he knows the creator of this course and could give you a number or two to call.
GaryBB
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:55:27 PM

Went out and played thru twice tonight. Gabe had a Black Ace on the very first throw, on the first hole into 9's basket. The course is short and open but the wind picked up and made it a little harder. It is a great warm up or short game practice. Jeff thanks for the effort pulling together the map.
sisyphus
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:09:25 PM

Thanks, Gary.
Please congratulate Gabe. I actually thought that (#9's basket) might be the target when I first set foot there, thinking, "nah, much too short", but I threw a couple at it anyway, just for fun (I didn't hit any, do he did better than me!). And kids could certainly have fun playing safari to the nearest basket anyway.

If anyone has a better way to measure the distances accurately, please let me know, and I'll be glad to update that map. It's maybe a little weird that I haven't yet met Preacher (on DGCR) (...at least I haven't knowingly met him...), who plays everywhere around town, but he's probably got a better sense of distance and suggested hole #5 is closer to 330. So all you big arms: don't gun for the 400' mark or you might be asking permission to go around into the neighboring farmyard for your disc!
finnhawc
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:01:10 PM

Hole 5 is longer than that I'm fairly certain. 350 ft. at least and it is uphill a touch.

mikejenkins1
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 6:00:44 AM

I am assuming this park can be played year round? They do not remove baskets during winter do they?
Sounds like a nice weekend coming up and would like to get there to play a couple rounds.
ccs
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 12:14:08 PM

GaryBB wrote:
Went out and played thru twice tonight. Gabe had a Black Ace on the very first throw, on the first hole into 9's basket..

That's a nice putt thumbsup

I was really surprised that the obstacles on hole 1 included somebodys garage and barbed wire fence. I guess if you go OB over the fence on the right you might have trouble getting your disc back. It took me a pretty long time  to get through 9 holes because there were a lot of people walking the trail and the course plays over the trail on most of the holes. I know this sounds a little negative but someone is going to get hurt out there.
dettmerb
Posted: Friday, March 15, 2013 9:37:31 PM

I have never played a course that played over a walking trail on nearly every hole. Be careful out there. Also, it really holds water and is quite swampy.