Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Vibram Birdie Bash at Boone Woods 4/6/13 Options
discndat
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:27:00 PM

Vibram Birdie Bash at Boone Woods April 6, 2013

• 2 Discs, 1 shirt, 2 rounds, a day of fun!
    Register at
    Vibram Birdie Bash at Boone
    Two Rounds
    Two Vibram discs (one putter and one mid or driver) OF YOUR CHOICE!
    One Shirt (S-XXL)
    Birdies or better to earn points
    Prizes:
  • Grand Prize: A pair of Vibram FiveFingers Bikilas
  • Grand Prize: A spot on the Vibram Tester Team
  • 2nd Round Card Prize: A VDG Water Bottle and Vibram Coaster Mini
  • Birdie: 2 points
  • Metal Hit: 1 point
  • alex.e
    Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:40:31 PM

My guess is this is an event put on by vibram? sounds awesome, can't wait. I know the vibram discs don't have stamps (probably) because of material but are the 2 included discs going to be linked to this event in any way?
    discndat
    Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:48:13 PM

No, I don't believe so Alex. You just get your choice of 2 Vibram discs, a driver or a mid and a putter. Plus you get a shirt. 
    rangel
    Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 2:06:01 PM

Please note.  These questions and answers are from the Vibram web site.

Do I get to pick my discs? Yes! When you register, you will be able to select one Vibram putter and one Vibram mid or driver. You will use these two discs during the Birdie Bash.

How do you know what shirt size to get me? When you register, you select your shirt size.

Do I have to use the discs I get that day? Yes! Even if you have other Vibram discs, to make it fair, you need to use these new discs.

How many divisions? There is one division.

Should beginners play? Absolutely! This is a great way to get two high quality discs and enjoy a day of low pressure, high fun discing. Also, the second round groups are put together based on first round score and the winner of each group in the second round gets a bonus prize (Vibram pint glass and coaster set!) So everyone will have a chance to win something!

Scoring Examples:

Example 1: A par 3. Your drive hits the basket but does not go in. You drain your birdie putt. You earn three points: 1 point for the metal hit on the drive, 2 points for the birdie.

Example 2: A par 3. Your drive goes way left and lands 150 feet away. Your 2nd shot is straight but low and hits the post. You earn one point and there is no need to putt out.

Example 3: A par 4. On your fourth shot, you tickle the chains and do not go in the basket. You get zero points since the shot that hit chains was not for birdie or better. As it turns out, there was actually no need to even throw the fourth shot, except for funsies.
    dettmerb
    Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 8:35:01 PM

This looks very cool.
    alex.e
    Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 8:35:22 PM

one last question before i register. Is the course going to be a modified shortened course or the original course? Depending on which it is will influence my disc selection.
    InnocentCrook
    Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 1:13:24 PM

Just signed up. Looking forward to a fun tourney with a slightly different format.
    discndat
    Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 2:10:24 PM

Yes, we're starting to get a few registrations flowing in now. Alex - the course will play as is but we may call 3,4, 7, 10, 18 par 4's just for this to make them all "birdieable" and also, for some - eagles! Let's get ready for some birdie bashin'!.
    alex.e
    Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 2:44:48 PM

cool, sounds good dan.
    discndat
    Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 11:01:09 AM

PictureJust a few things about the Vibram Birdie Bash at Boone Woods. It's springtime and the birds at Boone Woods are getting angry. They heard that people are going to get 2 discs to throw for birdies, a shirt (the birds never get a shirt, even in cold weather) and it's even two rounds they get to throw for birdies. Yep, we got some angry birds. Can you get a birdie? Information and a link to register is located at Disc 'n Dat Events or you can go to Vibram Disc Golf and click on Birdie   Bash.                         The deadline to register is 3/31/13 to give Vibram time to send the disc packages to us. I may order a few extras but not many, so sign up early so you can get a great deal and have some fun. People have asked if they can sign up at the shop. You can do that- cash only. It's easier for all of us if you do it at the Vibram website. I will have to transfer all of your information regarding disc selection, weights and shirt size to them a week before the event, so why not do that and eliminate the possibility of errors?      Spread the word about the Vibram Birdie Bash. See how many angry birds we can get.    If you just want to take advantage of the deal, you can do that and I'll have your package by 4/6/13 or whenever you want to pick it up after that.                        
    robglover
    Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:38:29 PM

I just signed up--sounds fun. Thanks Dan!
    discndat
    Posted: Friday, March 22, 2013 1:00:20 PM

Just a few things to think about:

I don't have the exact number of current signups but looks like a good turnout so far.

The deadline to signup through www.vibramdiscgolf.com is Sunday 3/31/13 - this is to give them time to get your discs, shirt sizes and all together and then get them to us by the event day.

The easiest way to signup and let Vibram know what discs, shirt size, etc. you want is to do it through their site www.vibramdiscgolf.com. However, we will also now take signups at the shop - CASH ONLY - through Saturday 3/30/13. We will do our best to get you the discs, shirt size you request.

I will have a few extra packs but not many.

You don't have to play in the event to get the package deal. If you sign up and don't play we'll have your pack for you that day or after the event.
    obeedave
    Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2013 8:49:01 PM

I am signed up and looking forward to it.
    Discgolfnut
    Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2013 12:15:47 PM

Finally got registered for this event despite many attempts. The VBB registration format is spotty at best. Would love to win the VFF Bikilas....
    discndat
    Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:53:46 AM

Discgolfnut - I've heard the registration process is a little cumbersome. I'll make sure I give them that feedback. I know a few people are looking for those Bakilas and to be a Vibram tester. So come on out and see if you can be Vibram Birdie Bash winner!

I'm taking registrations here at the store through Saturday 3/30/13 - Cash Only. Registration online at www.vibramdiscgolf.com ends Sunday 3/31/13. 

Again, you can take advantage of the great deal of 2 discs and a shirt for $25 even if you can't play that day.
    discndat
    Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 11:02:37 AM

If anyone talks to Bill Stahl have him contact me ASAP. Or if you know his phone number let me know. Thanks 
    Big D
    Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 11:21:38 AM

I might have over looked it but can anyone tell me the time the event will be held and when it might be over
    discndat
    Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 11:53:59 AM

Check in by 9:30 tee at 10:00. Probably end around 4 or so. Could be a little earlier, but  depends on how many people we get.

Remember, even if you can't play or can't play both rounds, you can still purchase the package. It's a great deal no matter what. 2 discs and a shirt for $25 thumbsup
    Fosterjon35
    Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 12:05:05 AM

i registered me and my friend its both of ours first event ever for disc golf! were excited
    discndat
    Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 4:52:10 PM

This will be a great event for your first time. See you out there.
    Fosterjon35
    Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 5:35:39 PM

i hope so..and will do
    agentdozzer
    Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2013 8:23:02 PM

Sorry Dan I have to be that guy what happens if someone aces a par 4? I think the par 4 are a great idea to produce scoring. But the way I read the rules a eagle or ace is worth 5 points so a ace on a par 4 would score the same as a 2. Please dont read this and change the par 4's I just want to understand the scoring the best i can before sunday.
    discndat
    Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 2:32:23 PM

Jeff - sorry, didn't see this till today. If we play some holes as par 4's an ace on a par 4 would be 6 points - 5 for the ace and 1 point for the metal hit on the drive. How's that sound? So get out there and practice those aces.

Registration through Vibram's website has ended.
    I have worked it out to get approximately 15 extra packs delivered for the event. These are on a first-come, first serve basis now either in-store $27 (cash only)  or at Disc 'n Dat 2 using Paypal for $29 (includes $2 paypal fee). With these extra packs you will not get a choice of discs or size of shirt, but you will get either a driver or midrange, a putter and a shirt, sizes L-XL.  You don't have to play in the event to get the package of 2 discs and a shirt. It's a great deal whether you play or not.

discndat
    Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 2:49:09 PM

Oh, and Jeff it's on Saturday, not Sunday. Figured you know that but saw in your post you said Sunday.
    discndat
    Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 4:28:01 PM

There are prizes for the best score in the second round - the 2nd round card winner (most points on card) will win a Vibram Disc Golf pint glass and coaster mini, so everyone can still win something.