Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

RA Jones Middle School - Florence, KY Options
InnocentCrook
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2013 3:31:10 PM

Anyone have any info regarding the 9 baskets that were recently installed around the baseball and soccer fields at RA Jones Middle School?  

Someone already has the minimum info on DGCR but nothing on hole lengths, map, etc.

Bryan
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 12:39:30 PM

My kids have all gone to this school. Through my kids, the Physical Education department knew that I was an avid disc golf player. The PE department has always had curriculum to introduce kids to different sports and encourage exercise. I have been asked to do disc golf clinics in the past for PE classes. The administration was approved for a PEP (Physical Education Promotion) grant. Based on the response of the kids and staff of those clinics, I was called to consult on a course design and installation on the school grounds.

Based on the space available and a walking trail already installed, 9 baskets were installed with help from Boone County Parks and Recreation. It is a beginner/rec course with kids in mind. The tees have not been installed yet. The tees will be grass. Posts and signs at teeing areas are planned to be installed in the fall. Hole 1 is the shortest hole along parking lot (~ 150ft) and longest will be hole 7 (~ 550ft). Total course length is approx. 2400ft. We are having kids of all skill levels play the course to determine rec par for kids. Once school is back in session, we will have more data. I am thinking it will be around a total par of 31 (6 - par 3s, 2 - par 4s, 1 - par 5). More to come in the fall.