Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Lost Discs Options
alex.e
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 7:16:28 PM

In the past month i lost an orange surge ss at banklick hole 13. lost a red flick either at banklick or woodland mound last sunday, dunno which. just went to throw it yesterday and it wasn't in my back. both have Alex and the number 513-504-0914...however my phone has been broken, if anyone found the just let me know on here.
sisyphus
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2012 5:30:38 PM

Hey all, rather than starting a new thread...
LOST:
Lost my go-to pink blizz destroyer out at AO Fisher in Dayton today, on hole #C left of the fairway, in the tall grass. looked for 45 minutes. sigh.
Name & number on it, so please call if found.
FOUND:
Then I grip locked my (ace disc) yellow comet into the trees on the VERY next hole. 20 minutes of frustration, and tempted to go 'postal' on the honeysuckle in there, I finally spotted it, along with a red disc with no name or number. Best I can do, is say, if anyone can ID the make and mold, I'll do my best to get it back to them (I don't throw this mold).
dettmerb
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2012 6:21:04 PM

Those added holes tore me up too. When i was there a couple months ago it appeared to need a little clearing out.
sisyphus
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 9:15:30 PM

Again, just doing one lost thread (wonder if these can be consolidated?)
I clipped a branch trying to anny around hole #5 at Miami U today, and searched 20-30 minutes for my white sparkle (first run) BG Ams Tern. That didn't bother me too much since I'd bought two of those, and I already had an ace in that round. Win some, Lose some, ya know?

What bothered me a little was realizing that not all disc golfers stop to help look. A couple of obvious noob/ college guys I signaled to play through tossed a shot right in where I was looking, got theirs, and just passed on by. I've gotten so used to such wonderful folks I usually meet on the course who will at least offer to help look...
brutalbrutus
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 11:44:22 PM

you need a dog that finds your discs not one that steals them lol my friends and I were out at banklick last spring and there was a guy there who had a dog that would run out and lay on top of his disc wouldn't pick it up he would just run out and lay on it no matter were it went in the woods
sisyphus
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2013 7:08:39 PM

Need that dog for sure: LOST: Teal blue GL Underworld out at Echo Valley in Springboro today, on hole #3, right of the fairway, in the tall weeds under or past the pines short of the basket. I think it only has my ink in the rim saying "jka sisyphus". If found, contact me as sisyphus here or on dgcr.com. Thanks!
FOUND: yellow/green disc with no name or number. If anyone can ID the make and mold, I'll do my best to get it back to them.
sisyphus
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:34:44 PM

FOUND:
Played (poorly) in league tonight At Mt. Airy. I've decided to call the long basket positions the "Ams Be Damned" configuration. The most interesting thing about the evening is that we found two discs, the last being an ancient Innova Champion Putter #1 (ink on back: "Bennett"). Tony planned to turn them in at the 'Nati, so if you lost what's obviously an old friend, please contact them asap.
discndat
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 2:41:24 PM

Got a bunch of discs that have been brought in recently.

Lynn Ledford - white flx buzzz
Joe Rott - white Pro Wraith - looks like it was in the water for a while
Bryan Wheeler - couple of discs with RA Jones schoolers numbers on them - you know how to get them to them?
Shawn Marsh - 2010 Deuce or Die CryZtal Stalker
Brian Trapp - blue 175g Champ Boss
Couple of discs with "Mersh" - tried calling the number but no answer and no mailbox set up.
Eric Roadhouse - 2008 Freeman Lake Stingray
sisyphus
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 5:40:47 PM

Found a red disc today at Lincoln Ridge (in the trees right of the 13th fairway). Identify the mold & the ink on back (sorry it doesn't have a name or number), & I'll figure a way to get it back to you. PM me here or on gcfda.com (I'm sisyphus both places). --Jeff

Oh, and while I'm here, there's no way I'm getting this one (gold line flow with flag dye) back, but if found, please...I'll offer you anything in my sale thread for return! Lost at Lincoln Ridge in the murky nasty pond left of the 22nd basket.
sisyphus
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 7:51:15 PM

Lost my 147.2 Boss r-pro, yellow, ink in rim, 7/10, on 7/14/13 at Rocky Fork, to the weeds on hole 2, probably 260' out & 10-15 feet to the right, if anyone cares to search more...
sisyphus
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 11:02:30 AM

Had to get out to Williamsburg this morning...I mean, 65 degrees in July!!??
Well, I had no idea how much water comes down the hillsides and fills the ravines. I threw on hole 8, keeping to the left because I knew the creek was high. My pink 2012 Ace Race disc (I guess they're now 'Zombees') skipped hard & I thought it might have gone down to the mud. So I threw a provisional (my orange CryZtal Buzzz) straight at the basket, but it hit the far edge just in front of the basket & rolled back to the ravine. When I walked up there, I saw the ravine wasn't its usual muddy bottom, but almost 4 feet deep in muddy water.
After fifteen minutes of shoeless prowling, just short of swimming for them, I decided I'd just ask the disc golf community to keep an eye out for these two. As always, anyone who calls me back on a disc will get a disc of their choice from my sale bin!
alex.e
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 12:57:07 PM

Jeff- you should have seen the creeks yesterday. Me and a couple buddies played right after the storm, the main creek on 8 was about a foot shy of the bottom of the bridge, maybe 12-15 feet wide and had fish jumping in it lol.

brutalbrutus
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 1:05:54 PM

I can believe the fish jumping im surprised you don't see more people fishing there when the water is clear and calm that river is loaded with smallmouth and rock bass
Discgolfnut
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:29:44 AM

I've caught nice smallmouth and blue gills from that river. Smallmouth was 4 lbs and the gill was over a lb. huge.
sisyphus
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2013 9:56:27 PM

176.8 Cobra star, white, joker skull custom dye, ink, 7/10, lost 8/1/13 at New Creations, hole 7 (the peninsula out into the lake)...any fishermen out there? My usual routine is if I get a return, you get your choice out of my sale discs!
sisyphus
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 1:01:13 PM

Interesting visit to Cera Land yesterday. It's fairly well out in the country, and the fourth stop of the day on a beautiful Sunday road trip with my daughter, so I'm throwing three or four off the first tee as a warm up. By the time I get to the basket, I've got I think five discs on the ground. I thought I'd picked them all up, but when I went to get my yellow star roc+ on hole four, I see it's not in the bag. I backtrack the entire way, and can't find it. I retrace every throw back out to four. No good. I figure one of the little kids at the shelter by hole one must have picked it up.

When I finish the loop, I see a yellow disc at the base of a tree by the first tee, and feel a little better about humanity. But it's not my disc. There was nobody else on the course the whole time I was there, but hundreds of folks on the lake, having cookouts, and what not. I walk over to the shelter to flag down the families over there, and see another yellow disc. Again, not mine. I signal to them to see if they'd misplaced these or found mine. No dice.

I go to the park building to see if I can drop these in a lost & found (& look for mine), but there's nobody home. So if you lost a yellow base plastic disc with no ink out there, just let me know the mold & I'll get it back to you (you've got two chances to guess right!).

And of course, I do reward folks who return mine!
discndat
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2013 2:24:14 PM

Hannah Webb - found your ESP Surge at Idlewild - hole 15.
sisyphus
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 7:35:00 PM

Might as well mention I lost another disc at Williamsberg (OH) on hole 8 today. My Orange Opto River cleared the ravine, but skipped straight forward on the right side, which means, yep, in the river, swollen with last night's rain. You know the drill: you read "jka sisyphus" inside the rim, and contact me here to return it, and you get a disc from my sale thread.
topherb
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 7:40:41 PM

It went right where it belongs! lol
brutalbrutus
Posted: Saturday, September 28, 2013 7:33:29 PM

buddy lost a 12time kc pro roc on no16 at turtlecreek today dunno if name and number on it
topherb
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 8:24:37 PM

cool thanks for telling me where it is ! thanks for the disc!
brutalbrutus
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 2:08:07 AM

lol
sisyphus
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 9:14:09 PM

Struggled through a marshy, wet Fall League round at Seviren Lang today (west of Louisville), and our group lost a couple - possibly in the water-swollen drainage creeks on 1 & 12. Bob H. had a camo dyed (Leopard?) disappear, and my white & blue "Relax" dyed gl River found its way into the mofo zone. Love to get either or both back, if found. I know mine has ink & contact info. Will give a good disc in reward!
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 5:35:20 PM

On my way home - Photo: Getting back to the owner. Disc was found at Idlewild hole 15. First Ace disc for guy on Tennessee.  On its way home today! Getting back to the owner. Disc was found at Idlewild hole 15. First Ace disc for guy from Tennessee. On its way home today!
alex.e
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 8:16:29 PM

Lost a red flick with flying pig stamp on it at the ccs saturday. It was on hole 6 during warm up for first round...figured someone might have found it throughout the day.