Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Harbin Redesign Ideas Options
joshtrum
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 11:06:14 AM

After playing the pig this year (albeit having my worst rounds of disc golf of all time) I had an idea for a redesign at harbin that really wouldn't require much money time or effort while still making the course feel fresh and updated. I have three ideas
1. Since three holes would change, and some of the signs are getting worse for the wear, Updated tee signs
2. Combine 13 and 14 (Flying Pig Layout)
3. Since 14 has a free tee pad, and thirteen has a free basket, move 13's basket further to the upper left and then right (so looking off of 13's tee it would be up and to left of the bush behind the current placement) and throw from 14's teepad to thirteens basket. Only thing that might also be needed would be two simple paths through the woods (it's all honeysuckle which is an invasive and better off removed plant anyway). Also take hole number 8 and move the basket up behind the bush so it still is a birdie attempt but not quite as easy or as straight of a shot. On average when I play the current layout, I shoot around par, so this would make my score prolly worse, but still would be a nice update.

Just an idea. Like it or not, I just thought it'd be interesting.
Jay Dub
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 11:52:04 AM

I would like to see 8 moved farther down, not real far, just enough to make everyone throw straight at it. Move it beyond the mound it currently sits on, just slightly to the left to make it more center and hopefully find a spot that removes left or right handed hyzer shots.

Still close enough for a birdie for most players but it would make it a tighter, more technical shot. Something Harbin could use.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 7:07:23 PM

some benches would be nice lol
joshtrum
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 10:51:05 PM

Sorry all when I said hole 8 I really meant 7..got mixed up...and yeah brutus I agree, wouldn't be that expensive to do. And Jay, I do agree. I usually stand on the end of the tee and just throw a putter, but it could be harder by moving it down