Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

The Nati Freezer Bow'l Options
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, February 03, 2014 1:16:52 PM

What was the total players for both events?
After our meeting tonight we will know the outcome. Will post it tomorrow.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Monday, February 03, 2014 5:39:07 PM

I think it was 68 total players. Thanks
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 7:55:27 PM

After much debate last night, the club needs to further understand the 10 percent admin fee as this is abnormal for charity events the club has contributed to in the past. If in fact the admin fee just went to covering direct expense, I'm sure it will pass vote. Give me a call to further discuss.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2014 1:02:20 PM

Drew, because The Nati doesn't get the volunteer help from the club that discndat gets I have to pay people to help me run my events(its been that way for 20 years). That is where the admin fee goes to. Also in the first freezer bowl the admin fee helped to purchase pizza, beer and hot chocolate for every one and I waived the fee in the one this past weekend. Thanks to every one that showed up. Drew, dont worry about donating to my charity they will be fine without the clubs help.
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2014 1:45:34 PM

So at a charity event The Nati took money to pay employees and purchase beer and food rather than asking for volunteers and donating food money to the charity? I hate to say it Fred but as much as players respect you, the Nati continues to make odd choices with cash at events that in turn pushes others away.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2014 12:52:04 PM

For the record. The $60.00 (10% of $600.00) didn't even cover the cost of the pizza. All other costs were covered by me including employee payment. Like I said above nothing was taken out of the second freezer bowl. My apologies if I offended anyone. I keep living and learning.
Zeigler
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2014 8:00:44 PM

Why would we "the club" cancel a charitable donation because some of the money from the prize pool went to pizza? This was known from the beginning.

I am not taking sides, but I do want to mention that I had a lot of fun playing the tournament, and I appreciate the effort that went into hosting it.
chain_shaker
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2014 11:33:42 PM

I'm not entirely sure what the big deal is here... Some of the money that got paid into the tournament went to pizza for everyone? Not trying to sound like an idiot if I'm wrong but I don't see what is wrong with that.. Sounds ok with me from what I've read.
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2014 7:24:37 AM

I do not have a problem with the Club supporting Save our Shelter and making a donation with club funds. Most members also feel this way.

What seems to be the issue is this,
!) Everyone was not notified about the 10% admin fee untill almost 10pm the night before the first event, This should have been figured out and been part of the initial post for any event.

2) Club was not asked to support until a few days prior to the last event, not allowing us sufficient time to ask our members for feedback and decision making in a timely manner.

Since the turnout was low and only 68 total players attended, our donation would only be $68. Not worth argueing about that. Since I am a very giving person I would like to suggest we make it an even $100.

Fred, can you please post the address for the Shelter for us so others can make donatins if they would like and for the Club to send a check to, thanks..
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 7:33:52 PM

Check is going out to Save our Shelter dogs for $68 from the GCFDA with a very good majority vote. Thanks to everyone that participated in these charitable events and help us give support to those in need. In case anyone would like to add additional support their address is Save our Shelter dogs 9278 Liverpool rd. Florence, KY 41042
Troy
Posted: Saturday, February 15, 2014 8:04:42 AM

AdamJ wrote:
Check is going out to Save our Shelter dogs for $68 from the GCFDA with a very good majority vote. Thanks to everyone that participated in these charitable events and help us give support to those in need. In case anyone would like to add additional support their address is Save our Shelter dogs 9278 Liverpool rd. Florence, KY 41042
The club rocks! Thanks to Adam and other club members for all of their help in the Cincinnati area.