Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2014 Weekly events coop program Options
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2014 1:04:24 PM

I have been brainstorming and idea for a few months, look out, about the relationship we have between the club and our weekly events. Most of the people that run or play in our weekly's are club members or close firends and such. As I read and find info about how other clubs across the nation run their weekly events I see that we are almost the exact opposite on how they are organized. Our club has only one true club associated weekly known as the "GCFDA wednesday night leagues" which have a spring and summer session and then a fall traveling session. Most clubs around the nation have most if not all the weekly's done in this manner of speaking with many different formats, singles, doubles, etc..

I would like to propose a more cooperative program between our other weekly events and the club to work together towards mutual goals. For instance, Lincoln Ridge course could use some tee pad repairs or replacements on a few holes. We would figure out and prioritize which ones are the higher concern, work up a detailed cost figure that would need to be raised, get the parks approval, and set that as a goal to reach with fundraising. I would like to offer a matching donation plan for that weekly and course. The weekly would set a dollar amont per player each week to try to raise half of the funds and when they do the Club would donate the other half and then we would work together and handle the project/renovation.

This is something that has been bugging me for serveral years. I would love to see this grow into something truly great and accomplish a ton of stuff we all see needs to get done. Which would also result in a much better relationship with our Parks, players, club, and the rest of the DG community. We have always allowed others to start or run weekly's in our area and use our website to connect to our DG people with not much thanks and sometimes a bit of disrespect. A Club is not just one person or a few officers, it takes everyone to make it work, succeed and grow. But do not get me wrong, I am very appreciative of the thanks and support we have in our area, it is truly a blessing. It just really hurts when we hear negative comments about the club as a whole when they are usually referring to some individual or a certain decision being made. They usualy don't understand the entire situation and often assign blame where it shouldn't be. Let's do all we can to make this city one of the greatest for disc golf, we are definetly on the right path.  Thanks everyone, hope to see you all more this year as I plan to play more like I used to.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2014 2:15:53 PM

great idea adam and Williamsburg is another good example since they need pads stairs and obviously new baskets

you could do mulligans for charity some of the weekly dubs already have mulligans so it wouldn't be that much of a change
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2014 4:26:10 PM

Ace fund caps, with a split to fundraising and the rest carrying over would work also.