Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

PDGA Leagues 2014 Options
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2014 7:00:15 AM

Sorry everyone, I accidentially deleted the previous thread when I was cleaning up the spam that was posted, my bad.

Here's a quick recap:
Matt Blakely will be running a 10 week PDGA league on Thursdays using our North/East courses, Turtle,Gulley,Osage,Monroe..etc. More info and details coming soon.

I am thinking of running a Monday or Friday one for 6 weeks at Mt.Airy...more info coming soon.

How do you all feel about these so far?
As our sport and local participation grows our weekly events will grow aswell and the days of one choice a night or weekend look to be over and the time for more choices is upon us....

PDGA Leagues basic info can be found here.....  www.pdga.com/leagues
sisyphus
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2014 9:26:50 AM

Thanks Adam. I'm very interested in playing Matt's league because Thursdays work best for me, and I'm on the East side of town. If the cost is minimal, it doesn't matter if it's non-handicapped (I'd just be a donor). But if they're offering handicapped singles leagues, all the better! --Jeff A.
travelling_man
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 1:23:01 PM

I am really interested in playing a PDGA league. Will have to do the Mt. Airy one for logistics sake! Friday night sure would be cool!
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2014 6:09:14 AM

I'm torn between Mondays and Fridays.... Once a month I will not be able since we have the club meetings, and Fridays will take from the Harbin doubles which is close... Won't do Thursdays since Matt is taking that day, and the Burg dubs. Tuesday is the Ace fund at Airy, Wednesdays dubs at Lincoln Ridge and the Club leagues. No matter what day we choose it will have some type of conflict with another event, oh well, looks like you all will have more choices as we grow... What say you? At some point we may have 2 events every night of the week...

Or we change Tuesday's Ace Fund....hmmm???
brutalbrutus
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2014 8:40:21 AM

is there a way to combine the ace fund and a pdga league since they're both singles?
finnhawc
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2014 9:00:26 AM

Who cares if there are overlapping events, get real guys. We had doubles at both Monroe and Banklick on Wed. and both had good turnouts because they are on two side of the city. Stop feeling like somebody "owns" a night, please. What are we, French? Next thing you know, we all tie (no winners) because we don't want offend anybody. 
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 6:26:04 AM

I have always felt that an Ace fund at Airy is almost pointless once you consider how many holes/pins are ace able by the majority of players, not just the big arms. I won't be starting this until sometime in May. I need to accomplish some stuff before hand....
pcaldwell
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 2:31:51 PM

I agree from the perspective of "getting aces", but Fred's Tuesday ace fund served for many years as a dependable, consistent venue for a weekly, well-attended, singles round. The pro pool there was every bit as competitive as any regional B-tier. With all the weekly events being offered I would assume there is a dilution of talent pool at each (but I wouldn't know since I don't get out much). I did like the old model of the Tuesday ace fund rotating around to the site of the next CCS location. Once it became linked to the Nati store that feature ended.