Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Williamsburg Options
sisyphus
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2014 8:05:28 AM

You know I'll be there for you (and the course, of course). Somebody loan me a weed trimmer, and I'd be only TOO happy to clear the rough out on 7 to give us a 100' wide fairway. I need it most of the time!
Troy
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2014 10:15:02 AM

sisyphus wrote:
You know I'll be there for you (and the course, of course). Somebody loan me a weed trimmer, and I'd be only TOO happy to clear the rough out on 7 to give us a 100' wide fairway. I need it most of the time!
You are "Da Man" Jeff!
Troy
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2014 7:42:35 PM

I forgot to post my thanks to Jeff Armstrong who showed up and worked on hole #7 and Ben Culshaw who gave me a really nice weed eater (Which Jeff used on hole #7) to clean up the course. My weed eater would not start so Ben's really came in handy. Lance Fair loaned me a hand weed whacker which my wife and myself used on holes #16 and #17. We will be setting up another work day soon.
Troy
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 5:05:43 AM

Going to try it again this Sunday (July 6th). 10:00 am start. Weed eaters needed and if someone could bring a chain saw that would be awesome.
Troy
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 2:22:53 PM

Depending on the number of people who show up will we will tackle holes 7, 8, lower 9, 11, 12 and 13.
travelling_man
Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 2014 8:46:43 PM

I have a weedeater and hand weedwacker. If I get all the new brakes put on my truck Saturday (much needed!), I may have to come out there Sunday.
Troy
Posted: Thursday, July 03, 2014 4:30:47 AM

travelling_man wrote:
I have a weedeater and hand weedwacker. If I get all the new brakes put on my truck Saturday (much needed!), I may have to come out there Sunday.

You are awesome sir.
sisyphus
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2014 3:02:42 PM

Pre-emptive post! Troy, Jeremy & Brenda Ison are the BEST! (I helped a little, but) Troy really does take pride in helping to keep the woodsy holes out at the 'Berg playable. He really appreciated the equipment loan (kudos to Ben, right?), and he, Brenda & Jeremy went to town on the rough out there. Y'all should see hole 7, just for starters. I've never seen the sides of that fairway so nice. Still not an easy hole, but it should be a quicker play when everybody's out for the Course Challenge August 3rd.
Troy
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2014 8:08:26 PM

I want to thank Jeff Armstrong not only for helping at Burg today but for being an awesome friend. The man keeps giving to the sport in so many ways and asks for nothing in return. THANKS JEFF! I also want to thank Ben Culshaw for his contributions. He has giving me a really nice weed eater for using at Burg and today he loaned me an awesome push weed eater that made things a lot quicker. He also is a man that gives and asks nothing in return so THANKS BEN! The course is looking really nice except for lower #9 (We will get to that one soon).
alex.e
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2014 10:23:44 PM

Thank you to all who showed up for the last clean up. Unfortunately I was not able to make it due to work. Hole 7 looks great. I would like to see if anyone is interested in helping install stairs on the hill going up to 10 and down hole 15. The plan would be to gather large stones from the river and then install steps similar to the ones at goshen. I will be providing lunch for anyone who shows up to help. Also, would like to clean up the left side of hole 15 to create a lefty route. Anyone interested in helping please let me know so we can figure out a date that works. Unfortunately I work about 60 hours a week now days so my schedule isn't very open but as of now it is just me and a buddy planning to tackle this endeavor. Again thanks to Troy, Jeremy, Brenda, Jeff and Ben as well as anyone else who has helped with the clean up to this point. Tentative plans would be a week day due to low traffic and I typically don't get many weekend days off.
sisyphus
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2014 7:27:36 AM

I'd like to help with that, and have another month of very flexible time (busy Wed & Thur evenings, but otherwise...). If I can come on a day where we get a start on stairs, I'd love to learn how to put in a reasonably durable step or two. Then I'd be willing to add on occasionally until we get something reasonable in place!
Troy
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2014 8:16:55 AM

Give us a day and time Alex and we will be there for the stairs.
alex.e
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2014 9:16:43 AM

How about Tuesday, July 22nd.
Dawgii
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2014 9:42:22 AM

I will see about getting some time off work to help if we confirm this date.
sisyphus
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2014 1:23:36 PM

The 22nd is fine with me...Time?
alex.e
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 12:03:50 AM

As early as possible. I will be out there around 8am to start gathering stones. Want to try to get as much done before it gets hot.
Troy
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:39:06 AM

alex.e wrote:
As early as possible. I will be out there around 8am to start gathering stones. Want to try to get as much done before it gets hot.
I have to work and will not be able to get there until 5:00 at the earliest.
Dawgii
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:39:45 AM

Will see what I can do to get the time off. Just a thought about steps though..due the amount of steps needed it might go a lot quick to use landscape timbers and rebar.
Troy
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:22:53 AM

Dawgii wrote:
Will see what I can do to get the time off. Just a thought about steps though..due the amount of steps needed it might go a lot quick to use landscape timbers and rebar.
Good idea sir.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:38:27 AM

I might be able to make it out there if.... My rolling car bomb of a Chevy Cobalt is fixed in a timely manner. I finally got the parts in to get my GM recall work done and they scheduled me for the same day.
Dawgii
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 10:31:20 AM

What are the priorities for getting Williamsburg in shape for the CCS? I should be able to get the time off next Tuesday.
Troy
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:48:07 PM

Dawgii wrote:
What are the priorities for getting Williamsburg in shape for the CCS? I should be able to get the time off next Tuesday.
This far out the priorities are different than they will be in 2 weeks. This Tuesday would be a day for putting steps down the hill. Last year we had some rain early in the day of the tourney and we had to tie a rope on the right side to help players to get down the hill. If there is no one to help in this project then hole #8 needs work inside and to the right of the ravine where the weeds have grown. Hole #9 (Lower #9) needs weed work also as of right now (I missed that hole during the last work day). The week of the tourney I will need to manicure the greens and put OB lines where needed. I will also have to renumber the tee pads starting with upper #9. Thanks to all for the help on this course.
Troy
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:15:30 PM

Ben Culshaw has contacted me and told me that he can get timber for the hill project. I am not sure about the rebar but we can work on that. Timber will take a lot less time to do but we will need some man power to get them up the hill and in place. Anyone able to help please post something here or call me at 513-608-4189 and we will get everything set up. As of right now we are going to start on Tuesday morning (That crew can begin by shoveling areas for the timber to be put in place. Ben, if you can please post on here the length of the timbers so that we can get this going. I cannot get there until 5:00 on Tuesday so anyone wanting to help please let me know. Thank you Ben!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dawgii
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 10:43:46 PM

I will have the 3 X 4 timbers pre - cut into 32" pieces.
Troy
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 9:43:20 AM

Dawgii wrote:
I will have the 3 X 4 timbers pre - cut into 32" pieces.
Thank you sir.