Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2008 Ace Race Day-Glow Mini Golf Options
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 10:33:39 AM

Thanks Lee and Joe.  Lots of regs coming in now. Tell all your friends. This is a good one to get newbees to come out to. It's much more relaxed and aimed at fun than a tournament. Most fun I have all year. I'll take signups at AJ.
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 4:02:25 PM

Ace Race discs came in today. Nice package - Ace disc looks a little like a Buzzz but not as deep. Supercolor mini looks real good and they added a basket to the hat this year. Again, a real sweet package for $25. I will take registrations for the Ace Race and Day Glow on Saturday at AJ's course challenge. I can order more Ace Race packages on Monday if I need to.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, October 09, 2008 11:47:23 AM

Here's the current registration list so those who have signed up online through Paypal know I've got you registered.
discndat
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2008 2:48:19 PM

Just a reminder and update. You can still sign up for the Ace Race. I will have packages for approximately 70 participants. We are currently at 44.  Again, I will take signups up to 9:30 a.m. the day of the event Saturday 10/18. Last year we had 30 some signup that morning. It does help if you sigup before. If you can't make it to the Ace Race or would just like to purchase an Ace Race pack because it is such a good deal: 2 new ESP discs, a supercolor mini and a Discraft hat for $25 ($55 value) you can do that also. If you've already signed up and would like an extra pack - that too. We aim to please. Winner of the Ace Race gets a Discraft bag, 5 Z discs and 5 ESP discs.

Day-Glow registration is also up to 2:00 day of the event Saturday 10/18 but signups after 10/15 will incur a late fee of $5. Entrants to the Day-Glow receive a Discraft disc, a glow light, cookout and entry in to the Mini Golf tournament, plus payout to 1/3-1/2 of the participants.

These events are fun, fun, fun and you get a great deal for your money.  For more info or to signup online at www.discndatonline.com

This is a call out to anyone who has a mini basket - we need them. Let me know if you have one you can bring.
discndat
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2008 3:20:08 PM

Joe, I think I mistakenly registered you for the Ace Race. You want the Day-Glow, right? Just let me know and I'll fix it. I have the latest Registration list attached.
mikekem
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2008 6:13:17 PM

Dan I signed up for both events. I noticed I was only on one of them in that spreadsheet. Thanks.
JRott
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 8:11:27 AM

Hey Dan, yes I can only attend the day-glow.
Thanks.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 10:46:58 AM

Mike and Joe - I have fixed the reg list and am attaching the updated one here. I deleted the previous ones just so it would take up so much space on the club website. Just a reminder, you can still sign up for the Ace Race. We will take signups up to the day of the event. We welcome everybody. Tell your friends and family. Bring everybody out.

File Attachment(s):
2008 ARDGMG Signups.xls (26kb) downloaded 33 time(s).

discndat
Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:51:55 AM

annouce Still taking signups for both the Ace Race and the Day Glow. However, today is the last day to sign up for the Day Glow before the $5 late fee kicks in. Once again, we will take signups for both - up to 9:30 a.m. for the Ace Race and 2:00 p.m. for the Day-Glow. Weather is going to be a nice fall day and evening. See you there. jump
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:57:07 AM

Oh, I forgot. I've got the Day-Glow discs in. You can see a picture on discndatdiscblog Thanks to Alicia Eades, Jeff's daughter for the design once again this year. She has done the last 3 years' designs and we love 'em.
mikesech
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2008 2:47:39 PM

i cant wait till sat. this was so much fun last year im sure it will be again and the day glow discs look sweet cant wait to get one
discndat
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2008 6:33:40 PM

Yeah, we will definitely have some fun Mike. Glad you're able to make it. bigboy bringin you? Can't remember if I said this or not, but the Day Glow stamp is on Z-Buzzz, ESP Force, ESP Avenger SS and Pro D Challengers.
Here's the up to date Registration List. Got another Shooner added to the list.

File Attachment(s):
2008 ARDGMG Signups.xls (27kb) downloaded 32 time(s).

cyrusf1
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2008 10:12:44 AM

Dan, just a heads up, I should be there on Saturday.  I am having a problem with my paypal account so ill have to sign up for both events the day of.  Sounds like a blast, cant wait!
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2008 11:02:59 AM

Ahh Cyrus (or fellow Hamiltucky) let me know if you want to get some kind of carpool going. I can drive both of us if you want to save your car some miles. Let me know, im going up solo so i dont mind. BTW- im TJ, the guy that has played with you a few times with Elbert. I was there the night of doubles at harbin the other week and only me you and elbert showed up. If you want to work something out just call me or text me at 513-708-6191...
discndat
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2008 11:54:42 AM

Glad you can come on down Cyrus. More signups coming in this morning. I'll update the registration list later today. Also, I have put up a poll on my Blog about what constitutes "hitting metal". Seems like an appropriate question since the Ace Race counts "Aces and Metal".

discndat
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2008 3:33:59 PM

I knew there was something I was forgetting to get. Anybody out there who has a cooler we can use for tomorrow bring it. I've got a couple but will need several for the food and drinks to stay cold. Drinks not so much, but there's a bunch of food to keep cold. Going to be a sweet day.
discndat
Posted: Monday, October 20, 2008 11:25:40 AM

Well, it was a spectacular day and all went well for the Ace Race Day Glow Mini Golf event. 78 in the Ace Race, 59 in the Day Glow. Not sure how many played mini golf but lots did and they really enjoyed it. Mini Golf is becoming quite a hit at this event. I've got a detailed writeup of the days events on my Blog Thanks to everybody who came out and played, helped and had fun. Thanks to everybody for responding with the coolers. We may not have used them all, but you really came through with them. Oh and it looks like you have just 22 minutes to vote on the "what's hitting metal" survey on my blog. See ya - I got lots to take care of yet.
Ben Shooner
Posted: Monday, October 20, 2008 12:37:04 PM

Great event Dan-and definitely one of the most fun DG events there is. Too much of the time we quibble about ratings, payouts, divisions, interpretations of rules, who should move up, etc. etc...and it's easy to get bogged down in the competiton end of it (wonder why so many players get burned out and quit playing tourneys?). Once again, this year's ARMGDG was a great reminder that competition is great, but the basis of our passion is that we all just really enjoy chasing frisbees around a park all day with cool people. Thanks Dan!
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:54:10 PM

I was wondering if anyone found a Cincy Reds fitted hat at either the shelter that we where at, or at Gold Star. I woke up the next morning, and couldnt find it anywhere. So if you found one, its dirty, dont wear it!!! But ill definetly take it back.
matthew_blakely
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 9:02:15 PM

How was the ace race disc? What was it like?
L_Stephens
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:51:08 PM

Meteor top with a wasp lip...aka...small diameter over stable buzz...but with enough glide to keep you on a nice turn over line if you choose... actually... a few of us grabbed our discs at near day break and immediately went to 18's tee.... Eric Boatright asked a few questions about how it flies and I repeated what I'd heard on some forums and what not....he asked if he could turn it over...well..from what I hear..yes...bam...threw a very beautiful turnover shot and bAM!!! stuck in the chains for an ace on his first throw of the day....with a disc he's never thrown before.

Don't know for sure..but if it was me...he probably didn't hit metal the rest of the day after that ace.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2008 3:23:47 PM

Exmoney - don't know of anyone finding a hat. Usually I have lots of stuff that is left when I leave and nothing to speak of this year.

For those who didn't get the complete Ace Race Pack Saturday, the discs, minis and hats are in. You can come by the shop and pick them up. We also have about 8 extra packs for sale if you want an extra or if you just want to take advantage of the deal $25 for two Discraft discs, Discraft supercolor mini and a Discraft hat.

The poll for the day is almost over on our blog - "how many discs do you carry?". Look for a different poll each day.
andersab
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:45:39 PM

Discraft released an email today stating that this year's ACE Race disc is now PDGA approved. It will be called Nebula in spring and released like all other discs at that time.
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 4:41:17 PM

You're slacking there Bradley... the Nebula has been approved for about 2 weeks now :)
andersab
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:28:22 PM

The email just came out today from Discraft...