Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Newbie needs info. Options
fairmike9
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 6:23:14 PM

Brand new to the scene. My wife and son also play. We were interested in possibly joining somekind of mixed doubles league next year do you know of any? How do we become members of the GCFDA. I also have alot more ?'s but i cant put all here right now so ill be around.  Aces for everyone.
DISCfunctional
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 9:38:20 PM

As of right now we run regular random draw doubles on a couple different courses on Wenesday. Check the front page for the info on those. I was thinking about starting something up like that for next year if the intrest would be there. I will start a thread on that to see who would come.
fairmike9
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 11:12:03 PM

thanks for response. i'm not really that good and my wife is not any better. i can shoot maybe mid 50's at winton woods if that tells u anything my wife is probably par golfer at best.  so we were thinkin of trying a league out if there was some kind of mixed doubles league, but were talkin fun nothin extremely serious for her sake.....lol. i put up with enough guys that think they should get paid for softball dont need in frisbee golf....lol, you know the type take something like that way to seriously.
13ruce-1337
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2008 12:25:56 PM

Thursdays are bag tags at Mt.Airy.. informal .. beers before .. great way to get good at one of the hardest courses around.
mikekem
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2008 1:56:01 PM

It is casual but the beer is not on the course or in the park so it would be appropriate for the family.
PaulDmt
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2008 8:15:47 AM

fairmike9 - A different suggestion that may appeal to you is our Wednesday evening league. It's handicapped and partners are randomly drawn. Since new players generally see the most significant improvement they tend finish bettter in the standings. One league fee of $15 covers the season. It's pretty laid back and friendly. Our summer league had roughly 30 people playing in it. The first week of fall league is starting this wednesday but I do not recall where - it'll get posted. You are welcome to come out. You'll need play 3 rounds with the league before you can actually join the league (so that we have a base average).