Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

1st Annual Harbin Day-Glow-Saturday October 25 Options
disc golfer girl
Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2008 9:30:14 PM

At 3:00pm September 4th, 2 Fairfield Park and Recreation officials stopped by Sweetees Disc Golf Shop. They approved a Glow Event for Harbin Park on October 25th. The format will be very similar to the Day Glo being held at Boone woods on October 18th. Registration for Harbin event will begin @ 10:00 am on Friday september 5th. The field will be limited to 72 players as permitted by the Parks Director. The Park Director is providing 2 large grills for the cookout.  Format sign ups end on October 1st.

Saturday October 25th @ 1 pm this will be players meeting and fair draw doubles. 1 person from A pool joins 1 person from B pool forming 2 person teams. 36 teams equals 18 foursomes. Tee off is 1:45pm and cookout immediately to follow end of first round.

Bratts, Metts, Cheese Metts, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Potato Salad, Etc. And Patty's cupcakes if she is willing to bake them 2 weeks in a row.

We will tee off at dark. When we are finished, we will have a shelter with lights for the awards and prizes.

Visit blackjaxsports.com to view the choices of disc. The Park Director wants us to use these for visibility and to achieve a safer and more fluent night round. Any disc will be allowed for the day round. Cost of the event is 25.00 per person includes cookout and disc for night round. You will not be disappointed. In order to assure the disc order arrives with time for people to practice with the new disc, Oct. 1st will be the deadline.

disc golfer girl
Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2008 9:31:30 PM

For more information call 513-858-DISC.
NEngle
Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2008 10:22:07 PM

Awesome! I'll put in the request for a Saturday off soon. Bengals bye week, so I don't mind working Sunday.
BIGBOY
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2008 3:11:28 PM

Will it be possible to play the glow round with a glow stick taped to disc instead of using the players pack disc?
disc golfer girl
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2008 11:10:41 AM

Thank you for your interest in the Glow event. As far as the type of disc that can be used, One of the 4 choices of discs that will come with your registration,
Axe-Driver
Quest-Driver
Mid Knight-Midrange
Pin Dragon-Putter

You must utilize one of the black jax discs but you can choose to use either the putter, mid range or driver and then utilize any of your own discs, but they must be LED lit.

The reason for the early sign up deadline of Oct. 1st is to assure that all disc are ordered and delivered on time. 2nd is to emphasize interest in GLOW Events this time of year by filling the 72 spots so quickly.

This will not only impress the Fairfield Parks, but also the other area parks that have existing Disc Golf Courses. Please stop in and see us at Sweetees to sign up.
mikesech
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2008 5:54:52 PM

ive never heard of those discs what are they PDGA approved????????????
disc golfer girl
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2008 11:34:50 PM

To our knowledge, the Discs are not yet PDGA approved. This is not a PDGA Sanctioned Tournament. This is a recreational event.
fairmike9
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2008 2:13:30 PM

My son has one and they fly just as good as most of your discs. You can pull off any shot in your arsenal with these discs. They may not do it to the full extent, just got to get used to it.
disc golfer girl
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2008 9:54:58 PM

Yes, we highly recommend stopping in to check out the disc and taking a few throws with one to get an idea how it flys. Also just an update we will be updating our hours for the fall season.
Monday-Saturday 10:00-7:00pm and Sunday still Noon-5:00pm.
bangtail saints
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2008 1:07:05 AM

Sounds good im down. I've been meaning to stop by sweet tees to check it out anyway.
andersab
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2008 7:43:38 AM

disc golfer girl wrote:
Thank you for your interest in the Glow event. As far as the type of disc that can be used, One of the 4 choices of discs that will come with your registration, Axe-Driver Quest-Driver Mid Knight-Midrange Pin Dragon-Putter You must utilize one of the black jax discs but you can choose to use either the putter, mid range or driver and then utilize any of your own discs, but they must be LED lit.

So if I tape an LED on the top of my Tsunami, I'm good, correct?
BIGBOY
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2008 9:10:24 AM

So what you are saying is that you must throw a blackjax (Players Pack Disc) off of the tee and then you can utilize your own disc for putting and upshot, not in that order, hopefully... if you have a glow stick taped to top of disc or can we use our own discs if they have a glow stick. Just curious.

I was looking at the blackjax web site and for those of you that have not done so yet...These discs are light up discs with 3 leds attached to the bottom of the disc. They are not PDGA approved but have been sent to the PDGA for approval. I think for simplicity sake we should just use the player pack disc for the glow round. I believe that is what you were saying in the beginning. Everyone for the most part would be on the same level because most of us have not thrown this disc. It would be fun to have a one disc glow round with an unfamiliar disc. Whom ever can adapt the quickest will win. And we know that will not be me.
disc golfer girl
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2008 9:15:15 PM

We would like to have everyone utilize their disc from players pack but you will not be limited to this disc. You can use a different mid range, driver, etc, but all the discs must be lit with LED lights. We will have LED lights available at the event. Please feel free to call or stop in with any questions as well.
BIGBOY
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2008 9:21:48 PM

Thank you for all the information. I hope I will be able to make. I am planning on it but who knows with time.
Dellahyam
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2008 11:09:35 PM

If you can not make it for the first round can you still play the night round. (Sorry I actually have to work for the Parks Dept. for half of that day?
disc golfer girl
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:12:54 PM

The event is going to place an A player and a B Player together for day and evening event. It would be hard to have someone only for part of the event. You are more than welcome to come out and observe the event if you cannot make it to participate. We would love to have you. We are hoping this is going to lead to many more of these events to come.
fairmike9
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2008 1:57:57 AM

My son is entered. Hope to see everyone out there. Take easy on him he's 12 just started this summer. Been practicing with his glow disc.Hope we get good weather.
disc golfer girl
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2008 11:37:59 AM

I hope everyone is doing well and you have your power back. Sorry I have not been on in a few days. the power outage created quite a problem. Both at work and home. We are very excited about the glow event and have taken quite a few sign ups already. Don't foget to sign up by 10/1. Talk to you all soon.
disc golfer girl
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2008 11:47:44 AM

Sign ups-we are receiving sign up discs early. Don't delay and stop in to make sure selection and do sign ups now. WE will also accept phone orders for sign ups. !!!!
disc golfer girl
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 6:04:41 PM

Update for sign ups. Due to many requests to extend registration, we will be extending sign ups to Friday 10/17. Please stop in and see us or call to sign up. thanks
PaulDmt
Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2008 7:09:44 PM

Threw the Axe driver a few times. It's a bit under-stable. Pretty cool looking in the air.