Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2009 Icebowl Krazy Series Options
matthew_blakely
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2009 3:41:10 PM

Good to luck to all who attend.
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2009 3:50:21 PM

thumbsdown What, no Blakely? Whassup Matt? You aren't going to try and get back to back aces on hole 13 this year? Sorry if you can't make it. Hope you'll be able to make the other ones.
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2009 4:00:40 PM

Oh and if anybody needs a specific disc, bag or anything give me an e-mail at discndat@fuse.net or call me at 859.371.3668 by 4:55 and I'll bring it with me. I will have handwarmers for tomorrow.
matthew_blakely
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2009 10:43:14 PM

Lets Just say work Sucks! But at least I have a job. I might get to play the next one! We will see though.
chain_shaker
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2009 9:45:16 PM

Well I had a good time. Didn't throw very well the first round though, I had an 82, but I came back in the second and threw 72. The fog was so thick at some points that I lost sight of my discs several times.
AdamJ
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2009 9:50:35 PM

Just posted the pics I took, checkem out in the gallery.
crispy
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2009 10:38:32 AM

What were the final scores of the tournament. I shota 64 friday with a couple of guys praticing but the weather was decent and I know saturday was pretty bad with the rain and all. Just seeing if I should play rec or am next icebowl.
discndat
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2009 1:53:49 PM

Thanks to all who came out and helped raise $515 for Fairhaven Rescue Mission Saturday at Mt. Airy. We will have more to that total once all the pledges are added in at the end of the Series. It was raining pretty good right up until about tee-time and then it stopped. It really was a nice day to play disc golf. We didn't need to wear gloves and it wasn't too muddy.  We had 37 participants and Dave Hammers, CEO of Fairhaven was there. He brought us some cookies that really hit the spot. He is really impressed at what we are doing for Fairhaven. Thanks to Kevin Brashear who collected clothing. I look forward to seeing more of you at Banklick 1/24/09. Bring your money, canned goods and clothing. We'll take it all. Here's the results. Crispy, when you're looking at them, remember we had 3 mulligans per round that almost all of us used. Thanks to Lee Stephens for helping with the scores. Thanks to Jeff Eades for running the CTP - who else would you have running it? Just a reminder: if you have anything you want to donate ($, clothes, food), contact me at discndat@fuse.net or at 859.371.3668. Our monetary goal is $4500 this year so we have a ways to go.

File Attachment(s):
Mt. Airy Icebowl.xls (27kb) downloaded 98 time(s).

lylemccoon
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2009 8:42:41 AM

Dan,

Put me down for Novice division for this Saturday's Banklick Ice Bowl.  I'm riding up with Darell Motley.  We will try to recruit some others as well.

Lyle McCoon, Jr.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2009 9:59:08 AM

Thanks Lyle. See you and the boys on Saturday.
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2009 4:09:57 PM

You dont have to preregister do you? Me and a couple buddies were looking to head down there, but we didnt preregister.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2009 4:43:24 PM

exmoney - no, you don't have to pre-reg. He's just giving me a heads up. However, if anyone wants to save themselves some time in the cold, they can pre-reg at the store on Friday 1/23. See ya on Saturday.
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 1:08:12 PM

Just doing the bump here. Come on out to Banklick tomorrow for Icebowl Krazy Series #2. Signup by 9:30. We'll probably try 20 holes the first round, going 1-13, skipping the creek holes and going to 18 (old hole 14) and finishing out. We'll see what happens and go either 18 or 20 the second round. We will be having a CTP/Split-the-Pot in between rounds and before the awards $1/throw, 5 for $3. Half the pot goes to Fairhaven Rescue Mission,half to the winner,  so bring your $.  Signups will be by the back shelter. It's usually a little warmer back there out of the wind on top.
KevinB
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 1:13:10 PM

To all that will be attending the Ice Bowl, please take the time to have a look through your closet and see if you have any clothing (washed and in good shape) that you might not wear and/or want any longer. I will be collecting and taking the clothing donations to Fairhaven, so they can put in their community closet to help others. Anything that might not fit you any longer, you might not wear any longer, or simply if you just have too much stuff in your closet or drawers, this can all go towards helping out others in need. Thank you in advance for taking the time to do this.
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 2:41:48 PM

Thanks Kevin. I forgot to mention that. Kevin has been gracious enough to collect the clothes at all of our Icebowls the last two years.
Jokerman
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 3:32:01 PM

idea  Let's just go ahead and skip 5 & 6 as well. Never play those two well.
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 3:46:01 PM

Oh, just use that Monarch or Sidewinder on them and you'll be fine.
Jokerman
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2009 7:11:15 PM

cold Just wanted to thank those who worked hard to make the Ice Bowl at Banklick happen. It was a great day and a lot of it happens b/c of some of you working overtime to make it a smooth day.
KevinB
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2009 10:58:39 AM

Thanks to all those that went through their wardrobe and brought stuff to go to Fairhaven.
You put together quite a van full and I will be dropping it off at Fairhaven Monday morning.

discndat
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 8:53:13 AM

Thanks to everybody who brought clothes and participated in the Icebowl at Banklick, second in the series of Fundraising events for Fairhaven Rescue Mission.  I will attach the results here. I will have the Series results up later, in the next few days. Thanks for collecting the clothes for Fairhaven, Kevin. Thanks to Andrew Miller and Lee Stephens for helping with sign-in, scoring,etc. Thanks to Jeff for running CTP - who else would you get to run one of those? Thanks to Liz for setting up the board and congrats to Liz for winning the throw-off CTP for the Ace Fund - she was the big winner of the day, taking home $112. Thanks to anyone else who helped in any way and I forgot. We had a great turnout - 73. Remember, we have one more to go - the Icebowl Krazy Finale at Idlewild & Boone on 2/7/09. First round is at Idlewild, second round at Boone, awards at Gold Star.

We are close to $2000 raised for Fairhaven. We're a ways away from our goal, so if you know anyone or a business who wants to contribute, let them know we are doing this for a good cause. I've got information on Fairhaven Rescue Mission if anyone would like it. I would like to say a big thanks to all the personal and anonymous donors who have given to this worthy cause.  

File Attachment(s):
Banklick Icebowl.xls (22kb) downloaded 71 time(s).

discndat
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2009 4:03:01 PM

Here are the results for the Icebowl Krazy Series after the first two events at Mt. Airy and Banklick. Participants must play in all 3 events in that division to be crowned the Champion of Icebowl Krazy Series 2009.  There are some really close races in several of the divisions.

The Finale is next Saturday 2/7/09 at Idlewild/Boone - first round at Idlewild. We need a good final push to get us to last year's total raised for Fairhaven, so come on out and help us to get there - or if you just want to donate $ that would be great. You can contact me at 859.371.3668 if you want to donate. Also, Kevin Brashear will be collecting clothes at Idlewild. David Hammers will be there again to address the field of donors/particpants. Thanks in advance.

File Attachment(s):
Icebowl Series 09 Results.xls (25kb) downloaded 60 time(s).

chain_shaker
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2009 8:54:33 AM

I work almost every day this week and can't make it all the way down to Idewild when I'm not working. Anyone have any suggestions for where I should practice for the coming toury, I never have played there before.
discndat
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2009 9:06:28 AM

I would practice the tightest course you have near you. I haven't played Monroe but I hear it is tight. Just a thought.
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 6:03:04 AM

Five days left people, if you like waiting till the last minute to get things ready, cash, donations, etc.
I truly hope we make our goal. It's the little things like this that can have a huge and benefical impact on our sport. Due to the recent bad weather I would like to suggest that anyone that is interested in practicing for the final one actually do just that but, not on a course. That's right, real practice, I'm talkin bout field work. Find a soccer/baseball field or any large open area that you can goto and just throw for bout a hour. This type of practice will help your game far more than playn a round or two. Grab a friend or two and work together, easy to find your plastic with more sets of eyes. Plus there will be less traffic on our courses which in this weather does more damage than good. Sure its not that bad below freezing, its when the snow melts and the ground is basically flooded with water and turns to instant mush.
Laters
chain_shaker
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 8:39:27 AM

discndat wrote:
I would practice the tightest course you have near you. I haven't played Monroe but I hear it is tight. Just a thought.

I played there a couple weeks ago and it is very tight.  Thanks for the suggestion, throwing tight holes in the woods has been a problem for me in the past.