Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Miami Whitewater Disc Golf Course Options
nienaber
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:41:23 AM

Is there any plans on getting this course new baskets or making it 18?  It gets a good amount of traffic and currently the baskets are embarrasing (chains broken, baskets bent up). 

I know Cincinnati has lots of courses and new ones popping up all over the place I just didn't know if there were any plans on taking care of this particular course.

Thanks

Matt Nienaber

bobherb
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 4:47:19 PM

Copy, paste and email this to the Hamilton County Park District:

Information@GreatParks.org

Let us know if you get a response...
nienaber
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:03:37 PM

thanks I did and I will let you know
bobherb
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 4:42:58 PM

I have often imagined playing hole #2, turning right, and playing 9 additional holes up into the hill. Then, returning to hole # 3 and completing the remainder of existing holes. I have never 2ed every hole down there in the same round but got 8 of them a few times. I bet with the passage of time since I have played Whitewater the trees have grown to considerable size.
nienaber
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 2:13:30 PM

Response from Hamilton County parks

Dear Mr. Nienaber : Thank you for inquiring about the Miami Whitewater Forest Frisbee course. At the present time there are no plans to expand this site to 18 holes. As to the condition of the equipment, the staff at Miami Whitewater will review each hole and repair or replace equipment as necessary this winter. We appreciate your correspondence. Respectfully, Dave Lewis ( West District Superintendent )

Kind of sounds like a "we are not gonna do anything" kind of response but oh well. I think that'd be a great course for the super discs program that the PDGA discusses on their website.
Big Biscuit
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 7:57:49 PM

Saturday March 14th 8pm GLOW DISC GOLF! $5:00 course fee. Additional disc rental fee $3:00 Contact Jen Hilbert Hamilton County Parks (513)521-2345 for more info. Or Big BISCUIT @ (513)858-DISC (3472) Miami Whitewater
I3u6sIe
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 8:31:53 PM

So it's been a while since I played Whitewater which is my home course simply because I find it embarassing. It appears they are using the same baskets they had from the original course that was installed in 1976 I believe? Anyways, still no new equipment. You can't putt with any amount of zip or its splitting the chains, hitting the pole and popping out, or going straight out the other side. Plus the 9 holes only offer 3 layouts. 3 straight, 3 left, and 3 right. Anyways, getting off my original idea here, but I was just wondering if anyone had pictures or a layout of the original course before they redesigned it? Talking with the old man, he said the course he played as a kid was much better than the current. If anyone has anything I would just be interested in seeing it. Thanks.