Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2009 Course Challenge Series Options
Madmike
Posted: Sunday, July 19, 2009 11:06:22 PM

Good stuff
Phil Miller
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 9:58:31 AM

Thanks to Lee and others for running the tourney.

L_Stephens
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2009 10:06:55 PM

What are the playoff rules for determining the CCS Champion? Example: with just one event remaining.....Jeff Eades is 4 points behind Steve Mahl for the Open Masters Divison. Let's say Steve finishes 5th or worse..or simply doesn't even attend...if Jeff wins then we have a tie for first place due to the overall score accumulation after factoring in the two drops. Will it be a one hole play off in the near dark? Will it be a cook-off? Thumb Wrestling? Or a regressive calculations based on strength of field?

If it comes down to a one hole playoff...in the dark...I gotta give my edge to Eades with his love of glow.
Madmike
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2009 10:22:18 PM

good question but it will probably come down to most wins or lowest accumlated score
andersab
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2009 10:28:54 PM

L_Stephens wrote:
What are the playoff rules for determining the CCS Champion? Example: with just one event remaining.....Jeff Eades is 4 points behind Steve Mahl for the Open Masters Divison. Let's say Steve finishes 5th or worse..or simply doesn't even attend...if Jeff wins then we have a tie for first place due to the overall score accumulation after factoring in the two drops. Will it be a one hole play off in the near dark? Will it be a cook-off? Thumb Wrestling? Or a regressive calculations based on strength of field? If it comes down to a one hole playoff...in the dark...I gotta give my edge to Eades with his love of glow.

I believe that Dan and Cyrus had a playoff last year after they had tied.
DanH
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2009 1:14:19 AM

Yes. That's how it went down last year. If Steve doesn't show, I'll bet that Eades will win the playoff for sure.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 2:47:50 PM

shout  Ok, everybody ready for the Course Challenge Series Finale at Banklick (now known as LR)? It's coming up this Saturday. Signup by 9:00 - tee at 9:30 am. We are going to play 24 holes the first round and the original 18 the second round. Lower tees first round, upper tees second. Lower/upper tees on hole 10, 19 and 21. We will try to move baskets #1 and 13 after the first round. For the original 18, you play 1-4 then turn left and play hole 7-15, then make a left after hole 15 and go up the hill to an old tee - it does not have a tee sign - the basket is actually hole 18's basket. After that hole play 19-21 and then hole 24. We will have a cheat sheet for you on Saturday.

We will do the awards for that day's tourney at the course and then we will go to Buffalo Bob's Restaurant after that for the Series Awards and pictures of the winners. We ask that if you won prize vouchers for that day's tourney, to be quick in your redemption so the vendor can get to Buffalo Bob's to do the series awards.
discndat
Posted: Saturday, November 14, 2009 6:39:35 AM

Where ya at Chris? This is the finale, a beautiful day for disc golf - at one of the best and beautiful courses in the area.
T_Vincent
Posted: Saturday, November 14, 2009 8:44:53 PM

Great Day for a CC in November, mid sixties and lots of sun! We had 80 people out at banklick. We played 24 holes on round one and the old 18 the second round.

The different series winners were presented awards at Buffalo Bobs afterwards.

OPEN: Jeff Vandemark
OPEN WOMEN: Liz Shooner
MASTERS: Steve Mahl
ADVANCED: Scott Schmidt
ADVANCED WOMEN: Rebecca Cox
ADVANCED MASTERS: Lee Stevens
NOVICE: Lawrence Justice

Can't wait for next year!
Sc0rch3d
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2009 9:22:31 AM

Thanks to Dan and Dave among others that made the lincoln ridge ccs fly! I was looking for a word in the dictionary that describes yesterday...there isn't one! And then thoughts of the yr I had with this club kinda paused me in a moment of reflection. The weather, the vibe and the people have been extraordinary! On this side of it I realize I'm not the same person I was a yr ago.....for that I'm grateful. Dave Marlow, the trophies are amazing...the personal touch you brought to our logo blows my mind, you rock. see yal next yr, a few of you next sunday @ the bag tag finale cinti state
topherb
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2009 9:53:22 AM

I had a great time at the ccs . Thanks to all that made it possible!Had fun playing on that top card with ya LJ! The trophies were sick! hey Wil and gabe you guys missed out on your medals!!! Still can't believe you cut your hair!LOL
2Timer
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 4:01:36 PM

There needs to be a rule for next year that all first place ties have a playoff.
agentdozzer
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 5:52:31 PM

topherb wrote:
I had a great time at the ccs . Thanks to all that made it possible!Had fun playing on that top card with ya LJ! The trophies were sick! hey Wil and gabe you guys missed out on your medals!!! Still can't believe you cut your hair!LOL

I didnt know they gave medals for second and so on, was there one for third in novice? The Tourny was awesome congrats to LJ for the series and Lance for Banklick.
discndat
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 6:18:15 PM

Dave - not sure what you are talking about. Who tied for first? First for the tourney? First for the CCS Series? Let us know what you mean. I have always said there should be a playoff - even when the participants agree to split - they should play off so we can record a "winner". As for splitting, I don't understand it - you played all day or all weekend sometimes and then you tie for first and you decide to split. I play to have the best score I can and I play to win, not to tie for First Place.

Thanks to everybody who came out Saturday. It sure was a great day for disc golf and we appreciate all the help from people adding up scores, etc. I'll get some pics up in the next day or so.

2Timer
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 8:28:52 PM

Yeah Dan, there was no playoff for first at the Harbin CC for the open division.
discndat
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 10:12:55 PM

Jeff, Yes, there were 3 places/medals for each division in the Series.

Dave - then how did they come up with Jeff V as the winner? - it has him as #1 on the results page, with Adam Grant as #2.
2Timer
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 10:14:37 PM

Not sure, but I know that there was no playoff. I believe they split the money.
2Timer
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 10:20:03 PM

No problem, more power to Jeff and congrats, but if whoever posted the scores had put Adam first then Jeff and I would have tied.
DanH
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 12:25:28 AM

As for why the points went to Jeff at the Harbin CC:

L_Stephens wrote:
I believe Adam Grant and Jeff V. tied Open and elected to split cash with points going to Jeff. It was cold to start with...then warmed up...never rained during the round...turnout I believe was 89...you would have made it a nice even 90. Lot's of new faces. Our friends from Lexington came up...nice to see them...and it was nice to see some of you guys and gals for your first outing of the year.

http://www.cincinnatidiscgolf.com/Default.aspx?tabid=74&g=posts&t=1204&p=6

So they did not playoff, but Adam forfeited the win to Jeff apparently.

discndat
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 11:39:42 AM

Then I agree with Dave - we need a rule that there has to be a playoff for first. For just this type of situation. I don't understand why this would need a rule - it should be a given, but apparently not.  In my opinion, this would be a DNF, because they didn't actually finish the tourney. Just my half-penny thrown in.
JEFFV
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 12:10:03 PM

Just wanted to thank all the people that help ran the cc's and to Dave Marlow for making the trophey it looks good in my room.
gary costa
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 5:35:01 PM

yeah good job jeff..but the trophy will look better in my room next year!
agentdozzer
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 6:01:49 PM

discndat wrote:
Jeff, Yes, there were 3 places/medals for each division in the Series.

Man I am super salty i didnt come to the after party awards now! Theres always next year gonna be real hard to place in advance, why isnt there a intermedate division?
pcaldwell
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 10:16:03 PM

Hey Dave - sorry about that. If I had been able to play more CCS this year, then you wouldn't have had to worry about tying for 1st...
DanH
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 4:36:12 PM

Scores are up.