Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2009 Gulley Open Options
matthew_blakely
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 11:56:31 PM

This tournament is set to be Saturday June 13th, and will probably be a C-tier once again.  More info will follow.  Any thoughts on this tournament?
L_Stephens
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 12:21:15 AM

I have a few thoughts... Limit the course to 18 holes. Have pro tees on the holes you had last year. Get the friends of warren county to do burgers again. Have the distance competition in pro and am...and maybe do one for putters only (Don't invite Tyler laugh ) Ask Derrick Beasely if he can forcast HOT AND RAINY so it will be cool and dry all day. Oh..and ask the parks if they can completely mow the fairways on 2-5 so we don't take forever finding everyones discs...and probably all of 15 and 18 as well.
DanH
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 2:17:51 AM

They have been mowing the fairways on 2 through 5 for a while now. I think I finally convinced them that it was necessary so hopefully they keep it up next year. I think they also improved the mowing on 15/18, except for the left path on 15.

zac
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 11:20:40 PM

aside of the ticks, eeek!, i didnt mind the tall grass on 2-5, it made upshots from bad drives more difficult, and errant shots were knocked down rather quickly. i wouldnt mind them mowed either, but in my opinion the left path on 15 should never be mowed. drives that end up over there should have some sort of punishment, instead of just an easy upshot around the left side. this tournament was real nice last year, i can agree that the original 18 holes were much better than the temp. if you think it will fill, or would like to accommodate in case it does fill, make those temp holes play more like the rest of the course, or just cap it.
matthew_blakely
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 1:09:53 PM

I'm sorry to annouce that there is not going to be a 2009 Gulley Open. I am not able to put the time into it that I want, and there is still some compications with the park. I'm not giving up on running tournaments, I just want to do it right, and don't feel that I can do that at this time.
kmaupin
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 2:47:18 PM

Sorry to hear that, it was my first tournament and it was a great experience. Looking forward to your next tournament.