Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

East Side of Cincinnati inside 275 Options
gorfolio
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:06:10 PM

Not sure what Amberly is doing with the old Cresthills Country Club (corner of Ridge and Galbraith), but if that ever gets developed as a park, they can put a nice long course there, out of the way of old ladies walking dogs. I would love to see a course at French Park too. I live in Deer Park, so either one would be a quick drive!
mikekem
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 8:41:39 PM

Not to sound like a broken record but everyone has great ideas of what places would make great courses. What we need are people going to parks meetings and writing letters to get these courses in.
nienaber
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 9:34:57 PM

we need to get Lyle McCoon to move to Cincy...he wrote a solid article on this very subject in FDM (i think it was FDM) regardless he had some good ideas and has had success down there in Kentucky

just wait after everyone starts playing tiger woods 10 all the parks will want to get a piece of the traffic!
discndat
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 4:41:20 AM

No offense to Lyle, but have you seen the number of courses in the Cincy area? Did these just came out of a hat? Members of the club, officers and interested disc golfers went to meetings, hounded people, and pushed to get these courses in.  Letters and e-mails to parks and cities, members money for baskets, hard work putting in the courses - that's what got all these courses in. Sometimes I think people are a little too spoiled with all the courses we have. We've got a lot of Lyles right here in our area and they have and are doing a great job of getting out there. Would we like more courses? Do we need more courses? Yes. Wake up the Lyle in yourself - this goes out to everybody who wants a new course near them.
nienaber
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 1:02:52 PM

no i agree...cincy is a disc golf gem! I was only refering to the article he had in the magazine it was a very nice blue print as to how to get a course at a park near you!
discndat
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 3:10:39 PM

Yeah Matt, I answered to that at 4:30 in the morning so I probably was just reacting to being up that damn early thinking about the Bluegrass Open. Anyway, we do have a lot of people doing good things as you know. It was a good article - I remember seeing it. Lyle is in a good position too, working for a Parks department. That has helped us with Banklick (now Lincoln Ridge) with Steve Trauger. See ya.