Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Lexington Ice Bowl - CHANGES!!!!!!! Options
lylemccoon
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2009 10:55:15 AM

DUE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS WE WILL BE MOVING THE ICE BOWL TO SHILLITO PARK!!!!

WE WILL START AT 11 AM (RATHER THAN 10 AM)

SIGN-UPS WILL BEGIN AT 9:30.

COME OUT AN PLAY IN A TRUE ICE BOWL!!!

SORRY FOR THE LATE NOTICE, BUT VETERAN'S IS SIMPLY TOO BIG OF A RISK.

WE WILL HAVE ALTERNATE PADS SET-UP FOR ROUND 2.

Stephen Keinath
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2009 5:49:36 PM

Good idea Lyle
dobbins66
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2009 5:52:28 PM

Head on down to Lexington for a real Ice Bowl.  As Lyle said we relocated from Vets to Shillito to avoid the crazy falling branches.  We'll be playing two rounds at Shillito and this Ice Bowl will be complete with plenty of ICE!!!  Roads are clear so come on down.  We will be playing the normal 18 (with two/three adjustments) in the first round and a slightly modified layout in the 2nd round to add a little change to the skating rink that is Shillito at this moment.  Should be fun !    Eric & Lee - Get back down here and bring some more.  Jerry D
L_Stephens
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2009 8:21:47 PM

Going to the doctor in the morning. I went thru the ice into a hole about knee deep on Hole #2 at Shillito...I put my right hand out to catch myself and injured my right index finger. It was my fourth hole playing in Round 1. I finished both rounds...with fairly bad rounds..but much better than I would think looking at my finger now. The cold of the tournament helped greatly and kept swelling down and pain to a minimum.

This morning I awoke to a sharp pain when flexing my fingers and a nice black/blue tint and swelling to my finger. It was popping when I was throwing drives but it doesn't feel broken now. We'll see what the doctor says...the only thing it really hurt was putting...I couldn't put my index finger on the outside rim and I couldn't get any power on my putts. On a positive note...I got to play with Al Man and Mr. Eades. The lessons learned from watching these two play was well worth the price of admission. The form...the technique....the grace...the mental game...these two have it...and it was great to sit back and take notes. Congrats to Al Man for shooting lights out in round 2 and taking some of that Lexington money back to Cincy. We were well represented by Al Man, Jeff Eades, Dave Lutz and little ole me.

Hopefully I'll get to play at Idlewild this weekend...wait...who am I kidding...I'd play Idlewild even if I had to show up in a wheel chair with mudgrips and a bottle of oxygen. I'll splint the finger and take a few pain pills and see you guys and gals Saturday....rain or shine.