Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2009 Flying Pig Options
andersab
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 9:49:24 PM

Yeah, sizes are listed on the registration page.
Moses
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:15:21 PM

Who is trying to make money off of this tourney because i have never seen an entry fee to be this much to just play intermediat i hope its a mess-up
Moses
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:41:29 PM

sorry that was pretty harsh i don't believe anyone is trying to get rich it's just alot for an intermediate entry fee. we got the same stuff for the bluegrass and it was 40
andersab
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:44:22 PM

The pig page explains how the entry fee works, please look at the "Amatuer Divisions Information" it has details on the player's pack.
Moses
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:45:51 PM

ur good, i understand i was looking at it, but it still seems pricey for a b teir
Tim Tim
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 4:52:13 PM

I hope more people sign up for this! I'm about to sign up as well thumbsup
Tim Tim
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 5:05:25 PM

Officially signed up! Who else is going to the player's party? I figured HEY, WHY NOT? lol
andersab
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 7:57:50 AM

andersab
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 7:58:48 AM

Today, if you are headed to Lincoln Ridge for Wednesday night doubles and you want to sign up for the Pig, you can stop by DiscNDat. Dan has agreed to take any sign ups today since I will not be able to make it to Doubles.
nienaber
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:09:49 PM

i am not doing the players party but i am excited for the tournament
andersab
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2009 7:51:24 AM

I updated the pig registration with the latest sign ups. 

The signup page will be open through tonight.  I will be at the CCS in the AM taking sign ups but only prior to the round, since I have to leave.

Here is the latest registration list.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9480

badbrock
Posted: Sunday, October 04, 2009 5:07:37 PM

How do i sign up for it?
andersab
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2009 7:59:11 AM

badbrock wrote:
How do i sign up for it?

Sorry it was closed on Friday for online sign ups and was closed Saturday for getting your money in at the CCS.
andersab
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2009 10:20:41 AM

I updated the Pig Page with information regarding the final 9 and some of the layout information.
Moses
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2009 11:29:20 AM

wait i already signed up but no-one else can sign up?
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2009 11:34:43 AM

nope... registration ended last Friday.
Moses
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2009 1:37:58 PM

that is strait retarded why would u not just let them register and just add there money to payouts or give the winners in am just some discs with using the entry fee or something like that. its not like there arent enough tee pads for more than 56 people
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2009 4:34:07 PM

I hear there is an opening to run this tourney next year. Are you lining up to be the TD for it moses? I like your idea a lot better, but im sure your going to have one BIG headache the day of with all those late signups! And what if your 28.00 shirts you bought for the players packs doesnt fit 300 lbs. WIllie, and he *****es to you for an hour about how you treated him deferently then everyone else.  All while your suppose to be a TD of a tourney... Doesnt sound fun does it? Just put yourself in the shoes of the TD for a minute, and im sure you can figure out why he ended the registration when he did!
BTW, i couldnt get into this tourney either because i couldnt get the money until this week, but i understand completely where the TD is coming form by ending the registration when he did!
nienaber
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2009 4:46:00 PM

hey brad I like your style of running tournaments and I like having a deadline so that the tournament can be ran smoothly!
finnhawc
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2009 5:13:50 PM

When Pig's Fly will I run a tournament if this is the thanks you get. It is unusual for a cut-off date to be this early but, I like the trend if it starts one. Boy Scouts love disc golf: Be Prepared or is that Peppard, huh B.A.?
L_Stephens
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2009 8:12:49 PM

The information for the deadline has been around since the tournament date was announced. We've all had plenty of time to get our registration in. I'm sorry someone finally stuck to their word and did what they said they would do. I support Brad and the decisions he has made..and I'm proud that he sticking to his word.

Don't cave in Brad!!!
badbrock
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2009 8:51:15 PM

Well im sorry i didnt know about the tourny i tried to sign up as soon as i could.
StorminSteve
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2009 8:56:48 PM

Deadlines are put in place for reasons ! It gives the td time to order and make sure everyone is covered for the packages they recieve. All tourneys should have a deadline ! We played in the PGDA at Pike and of course no deadline for sign ups. It rained like **ll that day and now Jeff has about 50 discs that he got stuck with. Is it fair for a TD to have to deal with that ??
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 9:07:51 AM

Moses wrote:
that is strait retarded why would u not just let them register and just add there money to payouts or give the winners in am just some discs with using the entry fee or something like that. its not like there arent enough tee pads for more than 56 people

Thats pretty tough to do in a trophy only tournament.

It takes a while to print shirts which is the reason for the cutoff. I was with Brad last year till after 1am the night before the pig working on the board cards. You don't understand the pressure and extra work that is involved with running an event. Sure you just show up, play some golf, and go home but the TD has to be there before you to set up, deal with people crying about everything, and clean up after the fact. And they don't get compensated for it but they do get complaints from people that are unwilling to step up and do anything to help.

So while you are enjoying your rounds, remember that brad is playing AND running the tournament so he's pulling double duty. Lets keep it civil and keep the petty complaints to yourself.

And besides, the less people in your division means the less people you have to beat to win idea
Moses
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 12:09:00 PM

i'm not complaining just to complain it's a reasonable concern to wonder why the cuttoff is two weeks early. Sure, t shirts and trophies come into concern, but u can easily fix this by not giving them t-shirts because they signed up to late. Odd huh? how that was that hard to fix. yeah they don't get a T-shirt but at least they get to play. I have all the respect in the world for brad for stepping up and running it. That's not my problem. And if help is needed he can ask. Once again i understand why the deadline is in place, and yes i would love to help run a tourney to someday run one myself. there are plenty of people in cincinnati that would help. it doesn't have to fall on one person. And real quick to reference what u highlighted Ams such as me enjoy playing in tourneys to get plastic not to get a trophy, and i apologize i'm not a pro i'm working on that so i don't have to deal with this kind of thing. My problem is not with Brad. i apologize i stated a good idea to better a tournament i have been looking foward to all year.