Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2009 Flying Pig Options
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 12:56:15 PM

I highlighted it because you signed up to play in a trophy only tournament. There will be no plastic given out regardless of how well you place in your divisions. I'm playing the same division as you are, I don't expect to win any plastic... because there won't be any to win.

Soooo your payout in discs is irrelevant to the number of people that have signed up. I would be willing to bet a pretty good sum of money that you won't be winning any discs next weekend. I would also be willing to bet that you'll get two discs, a shirt, and possibly a small trophy if you played well.
Moses
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 2:07:53 PM

ok ill see u out there.
Moses
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 2:20:59 PM

You should probably introduce urself before we start so i can see how much i beat u by.
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 2:38:25 PM

We'll see. We will be on your home course so I wouldn't be shocked to see you win the whole thing. The way you throw that green QJLS is a thing of beauty.

It will be fun, I'm just there to have a good time and pick up my players pack. I'm not trying to win a lot of plastic.
Moses
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 2:43:17 PM

good thing i have a green qjls. cause i don't. yeah i pay 55 not to win too(sarcasm). And two i don't even live on the west side so apparently u know less about me than u think. so have a good one
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 2:51:50 PM

You do realize that it's trophy only right? Trophy only means you are only playing for a trophy and payouts other than those trophies are non existant. Sure everyone wants to win but all I'm saying is that you aren't going to win anything more than I am. No plastic to be had in the payouts.
Moses
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 2:58:37 PM

are u an f-ing retard or do u not like to win. Because i like to win. u do realize that most heterosexual men are competative right?
L_Stephens
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 3:01:18 PM

Oh...OH...OH! Smack talk. I'll go ahead and lay down some unwanted predictions.

Open: I think this will be the division that comes down to the wire and pulled out only during the Final 9. This should be a war. In the end I think Blakely will pull it out...but it won't be easy. Sure Schick and Horne will be pushing him but Diemler should be right there in the mix. It may come down to who can jump out front with a crazy low score at Mt. Airy.

Open Masters: I'll pick Jim Farrerra knowing he has a good arm on some open courses. I think Airy is where he puts us away for good. I predict I will finish dead last but have a great time playing with all my heroes. It's not every day you get to watch a putting show of Al-Man and Eades...probably a soon to be released NBC Drama. The Putting Show.

Advanced: Division isn't really big this year and Drew Miller should tear up both courses...but beware of Scott Schmidt...his ace runs have been legendary lately.

Advanced Women: Yep Rebbecca Cox. She's been beating up on the guys lately and takes down this division of one.

Advanced Masters: Toughest division to pick. I'll go against the numbers and pick Karren to win the division....she has that inner fire that should pull her through. Ken played well at Airy during the course challenge...but can you do it back to back my friend?

Intermediate: Forget ratings...this will be the Matt Nienaber show with a splash of Tim Bretland. The young guns should tear up Harbin. I'll pick Craig to finish 3rd....NO PRESSURE NOW MAN!....so you can win it with your super cannon.

That's just silly predictions...tournaments aren't played on paper..they are won out in the elements...who wants it more? In two weeks we'll see. Good luck everyone..and remember...have fun.

Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 3:03:54 PM

Now now... there's no reason for name calling. Being competitive and being realistic are too very different things. Sure I like to compete but I know that I can't keep up with baggers. Have you seen some of these AM2 players? There out there throwing like 350' on flat ground. I hope to do well but I know my limitations.
Kool Keith
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 3:04:18 PM

Moses wrote:
are u an f-ing retard or do u not like to win. Because i like to win. u do realize that most heterosexual men are competative right?

Easy there cowboy.  Do you talk to all call center customers like that?

I could DNF and still beat you, BTW.  LOL.  And I don't even play disc golf.

Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 3:08:44 PM

L_Stephens wrote:
Intermediate: Forget ratings...this will be the Matt Nienaber show with a splash of Tim Bretland. The young guns should tear up Harbin. I'll pick Craig to finish 3rd....NO PRESSURE NOW MAN.

Haha Thats better than I would have put myself in that list. I just hope to get on a card with Matt, that means I'm playing pretty well if I dothumbsup

Hopefully if we do play together it will be better than our last round in a tournament. Pike Lake was the reason I tried to give up disc golf for a while.
Moses
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 3:11:06 PM

my girlfriend throws 300 and over that on a good throw and she is 4'11" and 120lbs. just work with a pro and u'll be at 350 in a month. and sure kieth lets see that
L_Stephens
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 3:12:45 PM

Craig...I think you'll do great at Harbin...just play conservative on Holes C & D and you should be fine. I don't know how you play at Mt. Airy..but up and down for 3's is a good strategy on almost every hole for AMs. The deuce mentality will kill you at Mt Airy if you are off a bit for the day...I know it usually kills me.
Moses
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 3:14:01 PM

thanks lee i thought it was craig
Ben Shooner
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 3:14:12 PM

Moses isn't going to lead his people anywhere with that attitude
L_Stephens
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 3:14:15 PM

Moses wrote:
my girlfriend throws 300 and over that on a good throw and she is 4'11" and 120lbs. just work with a pro and u'll be at 350 in a month. and sure kieth lets see that

My love goat throws 400 uphill with one leg tied behind her ears into a head wind...atleast on message boards.
Moses
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 3:18:04 PM

nice but seriously, ask dave he'll tell u. And Thank u ben. I needed that!
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 3:20:26 PM

Lee is that the real goat or the inflatable? I would guess the inflatable would throw a lot further than that.
Moses
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 3:24:25 PM

i don't think a real one would let him claim him. so i'm gonna go with inflatable.

Kool Keith
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 3:25:35 PM

Moses wrote:

Spelling, distance, disc golf, making friends, and customer support aren't your strong points?

Mr. Cox, could you tell the crowd what it is that the youngster does do well?
Moses
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 3:27:08 PM

u should come up and play airy this afternoon craig. for real. this is not me trying to see whoes johnson is bigger. i'll be up there at like 4:30 to whenever depending on who comes
Moses
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 3:28:08 PM

sure keith he would after he gets back from the usdgc
L_Stephens
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 3:34:22 PM

Watermelon is the popcorn of fruit.

DanH
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 3:35:02 PM

Why don't you guys get a chat room somewhere.
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 3:36:45 PM

Why would we get a chat room... we are just trying to be like the rest of the threads. I just want to fit in :)

And I can't play Airy during the week. I don't get out of work till 5 at the earliest. Plus its raining here in KY.