Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Harbin Rat Classic 3/15/09 PDGA Am B-Tier Options
GStrick
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2009 8:35:21 AM

This is hilarious. Disc golfers ***** more about events than republicans do about the new economic stimulus spending bill.

mikekem
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2009 9:15:12 AM

Fred Salaz wrote:
Ok, let's try to keep it civil. 1st of all it's not about me, it's about the club.

Fred if you took that like an insult I apologize.  I was simply pointing out the similarities between other non club run events.  We certainly have the right as a club to determine where and who uses our property.  However, in the past we've never required this.  If we start now it seems like we'll have to do it to all events in the future.  That makes more work for TD's including yourself.  I'm sure Nick is willing to give the club it's due credit at the event. 

Fred Salaz wrote:
Now to the issue at hand. Is this a club run event or not? There is a good amount of money to be made if it's an AM only event(you can't make money on a pro event) and if the club is involved in any way it should be compensated for it's participation. I hate to be a negative nelly but are we a club or a bunch of individuals running our own little gigs on the side? Is the club vendor at these tournaments?

Also, since you brought it up, did the club vend at all of the non club events at Idlewild where the club donated boards and/or cards? There would be money to make at all these tournaments for the club wouldn't there? This just seems like a discouragement to people who run tournaments in Cincinnati.  Everyone that decides to run a tournament here will have to buy there own boards to run their own boards to avoid this hassle.  That seems a little silly when it costs the club so little to donate cards and boards if the TD asks.  I don't know if Nick is willing to allow the club the vend at the event but other tournaments TDS would have a problem with that.  If the club is to vend at these events I think a donation of more worth than the use of boards and cards would be in order. 
Sweetriver
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2009 10:10:59 AM

am only, stop whining. Here's a thought. Hold an open only tourney and see who shows. Of course, the answer is probably no one because its not profitable. Without the ams, pros don't make any money. So if the issue is really about discrimination against pros by ams, hold your own tourney and don't invite amateurs. If the issue is more about wanting another opportunity to make cash without a long drive, I hear ya but thats not this tournament.
Sweetriver
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2009 10:11:45 AM

how did I get a negative number of posts?
Ben Shooner
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2009 12:16:56 PM

GStrick wrote:
Disc golfers ***** more about events than republicans do about the new economic stimulus spending bill.

Tell me about it. From the reaction, it seems as if it people would be happier if there were no tournament at all as opposed to having a format that they don't like-or having people/resources involved that "shouldn't" be involved etc.

I know if I were a casual player and I read all this garbage, it would severely discourage me from wanting to play competitively or join any sort of disc golf organization. Most people already get enough politics, in-fighting, and pettiness in their jobs and/or other worldly commitments. Why would any sane person want to bring those same negatives into a recreational activity that they already enjoy?

From the sounds of it-these are some of the folks who Nick is catering to. The Harbin Rats who play up there all the time and who may or may not play in tourneys. Not having to pay pros will only make the payout sweeter, and I don't see anything wrong with that. If you want to run an opposite tournament (say-all pro-one division)-then by all means go ahead.
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2009 2:02:40 PM

They must not like what you said SWEETRIVER. You got booted to the bottom of the list! lol
Meow_Mix
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2009 3:49:56 PM

If Nick wants an all AM tourney, then so be it. It's HIS tourney folks!! For the pros who are all sour, go run an open tourney! I don't see why people are so upset about all of this. It is just that simple people...
DanH
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2009 4:51:31 PM

Regarding "Number of Posts", I think it got whacked out because, well I don't want to try to explain it after all. What I've done is reset the number of posts according to what is currently in the forum's database. No one is credited for messages they posted before a lot of data was purged from the database 1.5 years ago. Hopefully it will keep track of posts correctly from here on. And now back to the passionate debate for/against Nick's Am only tournament.
NEngle
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2009 5:59:05 PM

Revolution's sponsorship package came in the mail today.  It looks a little something like this:

nienaber
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2009 7:04:30 PM

whoa...I have a question I have only been living in fairfield/hamilton area for 6 months and play Harbin quite often, who consists of the Harbin Rats?
Eric Simpson
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2009 9:14:31 PM

Harbin in sub 90 degree weather. I can't wait.
L_Stephens
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2009 9:18:05 PM

Ok...are we going to play the normal 18...or are we going to play the letter holes?

EDIT:  I guess I couldn't read the previous post well enough.  Just the normal course.  I can't play Harbin without A and C.
zac
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2009 9:49:56 PM

revo mini-deluxe?!? , NICE! good work nick, keep it up. this thing sounds like quality.
NEngle
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2009 10:04:50 PM

Matt, a Harbin rat is someone who plays mainly at Harbin. Someone you'll find there almost any day of the week. They infest the place. btw, going through some of my tournament stuff I found a KC Roc of yours.

Eric, ever heard of the Harbin winds? They don't blow in 90 degree temps, but rest assured they'll be a factor at the HRC.

Lee, the letter holes are likely to be unplayable on March 15th. The ground at Harbin holds a ton of water. Any Harbin Rat can tell you that.

Zac, that's Carolina Team bag!
zac
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2009 10:08:47 PM

wow, the big boy, i didnt recognize it all deflated ;) .

watch out, youll have some griggs river-rats showing up for this one.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2009 10:12:13 PM

Ok, it looks like it's Fred against the world, AGAIN. You win, I give. As far as I'm concerned it's a non issue. Have fun you am guys you. Even the pro's are against me. Nick, "The Nati" can up the revolution bag sponsorship. I'll set up a nice package for you. Have a good night.
NEngle
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2009 10:24:07 PM

Thanks, Fred. The 'Nati would be a welcomed sponsor!
NEngle
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2009 9:24:14 PM

Entries are still rolling in. Working on more sponsorship...
13ruce-1337
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2009 9:36:16 PM

I'll be there .. for what its worth.. lemme know if you need an extra basket.  And SWEET .. i needed another revolution bag!
nienaber
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2009 9:55:19 PM

well I gonna be at Harbin pretty much everyday when the weather breaks. Actually was there today and there was quite a bit of traffic. You know what I remember someone calling me and telling me last year that they gave my KC PRO to someone running a tourny I think I lost it at Turtle Creek but I can't remember. THanks for holding onto it for me!
chain_shaker
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 9:02:51 AM

Nick I love Harbin and want to play but I don't have a credit card or anything. Is there another way I can put the money down for it?
NEngle
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 12:59:24 PM

Sure, you can mail me a check, drop it off at my house, or we can agange to meet some time.
Nick Engle
969 Oberlin Dr
Fairfield, Ohio 45014
Phil Miller
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 6:33:51 PM

rock Nick Paypal is a great idea. Shoot me an email or a PM if you want some help.
Tim Tim
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 9:26:22 PM

I think this is a great idea!!! All the money going in is being used for the tourney as well as being given back out to the winners in payouts thumbsup

I'm already signed up and markin it on my calender!

(This is TIMMAY!!! from Monroe, OH by the way, makin my first post)
nienaber
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 9:51:15 PM

will those revolution bags be on sale at the tourny or is that for like winning advanced or something? I was thinking about buying one at the bg am championships but i would like to keep the money in cincy...

also i'll be playing at Harbin around 4:45 everyday I can so if anyone wants to play let me know otherwise i'll keep playing all by my lonesome