Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Found at Boone after Ice Bowl Options
DanH
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2009 10:53:00 PM

Liz wrote:
How come so many discs were lost/found? Water or snow?

Snow melting into water. The small tricking creeks became raging frigid white water rapids of disc doom. I saw grown men weep as they watched their beloved "go to", first run, and CE discs disappear into swirling oblivion. No one knows how many were lost, but Eric rescued 62 total the next morning.
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 6:44:01 AM

I think we set a new record for Discs lost during a tournament. Not only did Eric recover 62 discs, there where still alot missing that where not recovered or snagged by someone else. To bad we never got any numbers of lost plastic that day from each person, would have been interesting to know and put in the books.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 2:20:20 PM

Ok, got two more back today. Had to really work this guy a little. He came in to buy some used discs to use on water holes and told me he found two at Boone and had to go into the cold water and get them and when I asked if they had names, he said yeah, but I went in the water and got them. I told him if he brought them in I'd give him $5 for each of them. He had them in his car so he went and got them. Said his conscious would have gotten the better of him anyway. So Tony Vincent - got your STAR Sidewinder and TJ - got your STAR Sidewinder. Just come and get them when you can or if I'm coming to an event I'll bring them with me.  I've also got one here of Brad Hartoin - a DX Teebird.

P.S. These were found down by hole 16, 17 tee water and back down there a little ways. If anyone is out there they may want to look a little more in that area.
T_Vincent
Posted: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 3:26:18 PM

Thanks Dan, I will be over when I can.
Big D
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 9:24:23 AM

Hey did you anybody find a green flex surge around the sewer pipe on hole 16 because i through it in their from the t-pad and wasnt able to find it.