Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Bag Tags are back!!! (2009) Options
NEngle
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 9:43:49 PM

Bag Tags are back!  Come join us on March 1st for the kickoff to another year of fun with numbers at Highland Hills.  Each year numbered tags are sold in support of the Disc 'n Dat Bluegrass Open.  The point is to attain the lowest number & rub it in to all your friends.  Cost is $20 and first tee is at 9am.  The opening tournament will consist of three rounds of nine holes with $10 going to payout & $10 going to the BGO.  Tags are also available separate from the tourney for $10 each.  You can get them at Disc 'n Dat or through Ben Shooner.  After the time change weekly tag rounds will once again be held at Mt. Airy on Thursday nights.  Rounds start at 6pm but all are welcome to attend "business meetings" at Northside Tavern at 5. 
discndat
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2009 1:53:20 PM

Yeah, Bag Tags are back and here's the design for this year's tags. They really came out nice. Hope everyone enjoys them and gets to participate in the bag tag. Even if you can't participate in the Play-In tourney on March 1st or in the weekly tag events at Mt. Airy you can purchase one for sponsorship and have tag competitions with your friends. They're really nice for braggin' rights and cool  to have on your bag.

This year's tags are sponsored by FADE Gear. Thanks Tim. They stepped up to the plate and are really helping us out this year so we can have more of the Bag Tag money go to the tournament. Disc 'n Dat has FADE Gear disc golf bags at the shop and they have been selling really well since they came out last year. The great thing about them is that they add color to the bag world. If you want to add color to your game, this is where it's at. All bags carry a 1 year warranty. We have had no problems with any of their bags. They're really nice bags at a nice price.
    Flywear Apparel came up with the design for this year's tag and it represents the "Painted Ponies" trophies that we have given out the last few years. Everyone thusfar has really liked the design. Thanks to Jim Tolle and Flywear.  Any questions about bag tags, contact myself, Nick or Ben.
NEngle
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2009 8:18:35 PM

Those are sweet! Thanks to FADE, Flywear & Disc'n Dat for allowing us to have fun for a fifth year!

2009 BAG TAG OPENING DAY SHOOTOUT

SUNDAY, March 1st

HIGHLAND HILLS DISC GOLF COURSE

3 rounds of 9 holes

$20 entry fee

$10 of your entry fee goes to the

2009 Disc ‘n Dat Bluegrass Open SuperTour

ALL PLAYERS WILL RECEIVE A BAG TAG

Players will draw numbers to determine groups for the first round. Second round groups will be determined by scores from the first round. Third round groupings will be according to cumulative scores from the first two rounds.

Payout to the top two scores on each card, for each round. $2 of your entry fee will go to first round payout, $4 each to second and third round payout. Assuming foursomes, payout would be $5 to first, $3 to second on each card in the first round, $10 to first, $6 to second in both of the last two rounds. Tags will be distributed based on total score for the three rounds starting with tag #1 for the best score. The highest tag number given out will be equal to the total number of players that day.

ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO THE

2009 DISC ’N DAT BLUEGRASS OPEN SUPERTOUR

About Bag Tags:
Tags are numbered 1-?. The goal is to attain (and retain) the lowest tag number possible by competing against other players with tags. There will be a weekly tag round at Mt. Airy on Thursday evenings after the time change. All tags are automatically up for grabs at all organized events. At the end of the year there will be a tag finale. You do not have to compete in the shootout to get a tag. Tags will be available from Disc ‘n Dat, Ben Shooner, or Nick Engle after March 1st. Please help support the 2009 BGO by purchasing a bag tag.
Liz
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2009 10:04:53 AM

Woo hoo!!! you know what this means???  Business meetings at Northside Tavern are on the horizon....cheers clap
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:46:20 PM

Doing the bumpety bump. BAGTAGS Sunday March 1st - see post above for details.
13ruce-1337
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 12:34:06 PM

Big thanks to nick and ben for running this for the past two years .. its a great time and lets hear it for the soon to come business meetings at the Vern!
discndat
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 2:22:28 PM

Has anyone been to Highland Hills lately? I hear some of the holes may or may not be playable due to construction going on there.  Anybody know for sure what's going on there?
L_Stephens
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 4:27:39 PM

The parks have said in the near future that holes #1, #2, and #3 will be removed because the old tennis court is being turned into a volleyball court. They do not want any disc being thrown toward people playing volley ball. Those three holes are poorly design in the aspect of failure to respect the use of others for their activities....ie...#1 flies right over a patio where people would gather to watch matches. #2 does the same from a different angle...#3...you throw away from activity..I think maybe they would be happy with a relocation of the tee.

I'm sure many of us will be out there Saturday getting in some practice. Someone...not me....needs to call the park and talk about our event Sunday...we may have to take some temp baskets..or we may have to reschedule the event for another venue.
NEngle
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 7:32:39 PM

I've run enough events to know when the parks need to be called & when they don't. Thanks for the advice, Lee.
discndat
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2009 11:29:19 AM

Bag Tag Opening Day Shootout tomorrow morning at Highland Hills - signup by 9:00
Bag tags look great and will look great on your bag. What number you gonna have?

The bag tags are nice to sport on your bag that you support the Blugrass Open tourney and the GCFDA even if you don't play in the weekly events. We have a lot of disc golfers who get them and just play for the low tag among their friends. We'll have them available at the weekly bag tag at Mt. Airy, at Disc 'n Dat or see Ben Shooner or Nick. Thansk again to these guys for doing so much with the bag tags the last several years.

See you tomorrow.

skeezer1
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2009 10:07:40 PM

How many golfers usually show for an event of this kind?
NEngle
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2009 11:25:10 PM

20-30ish, Although there seems to be a buzzzz this year.
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 6:39:14 AM

Hope ya come out Marc, I'm sure your itching for some competition.
andersab
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 5:10:03 PM

awesome fun... thanks nick
Eric Simpson
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 6:13:16 PM

Seconded. Good times with good people.
NEngle
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 9:08:12 PM

That was fun! Thanks to Disc 'n Dat, FADE & Flywear. Dan Hollingshead is numero uno.
13ruce-1337
Posted: Monday, March 02, 2009 12:13:04 AM

Not for long
DanH
Posted: Monday, March 02, 2009 12:47:06 AM

Gosh, I hope I remember to bring it to Harbin.  It would be a shame if I only remembered it for Monroe, Idlewild, and Turtlecreek.  tomatoes wink
13ruce-1337
Posted: Monday, March 02, 2009 10:39:45 AM

Ya that really would be a shame ... esp since those of us that actually play bag tags every week asked if we could keep it in the loop.
discndat
Posted: Monday, March 02, 2009 4:24:02 PM

Always a good time Nick. That's really a fun format and gives everybody a good chance to win. I got #10 tag - didn't play that well, but had a lot of fun. Thanks for running it. I forgot to give you some of the tags. I'll get them to you. For anyone else who wants to get a tag, they are $10 and I have them at the store. Got some low numbers in the 20's right now.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 5:01:38 PM

Ok, good weather coming up this week/weekend. Get your tags so you can challenge your buddies. Marc E's got one now and he's up for a challenge.
skeezer1
Posted: Thursday, March 05, 2009 8:06:17 PM

Oh, how the word spreads. Yes I have number 19. Who has #1? Let's make a Date! Unemployeed and want to live up to the hipe, so let's throw alittle! Give me a call. My # is out there or pm me I'll hook you up.

Marc Estenfelder
Ben Shooner
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 9:59:29 AM

Tonight will be the inaugural Thursday night business meeting/bag tag round at Northside Tavern and Mt. Airy. Tags are $10 and it's $2 to play ($2 waived if you buy a tag that day). Proceeds collected up until the BGO will go towards that tourney...funds collected afterwards will go to the year-end finale. C'mon out and welcome the Spring (?)
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 10:57:21 AM

That's 5pm at the Northside Tavern and 6pm Tee off at Mt. Airy. Right Ben?
Ben Shooner
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 12:03:33 PM

Yup