Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2009 Kentucky State Singles Championships at Idlewild Options
L_Stephens
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 1:29:54 PM

If you 'Fly the green' on 16 long you are OB and go to the drop zone. If you are left of the green you are OB. If you went left but flew over the green you go to the drop zone. If you are left of the green but didn't fly the green you mark it at the place you last went out...most likely the back of the short green. If you are right of the green you are safe...unless you go just past the bridge...aka..even with the back of the green....white line painted is OB. If this is permanent...Fred..or Bob.. needs to make a core-wall dictating the OB line here. But...anything right of the creek is In Bounds so long as you don't go past the long green and you satisfy the Mando.
perica
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 1:42:46 PM

aha i see. so i can still put one pin high on the right side. thanks.
NEngle
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 2:00:07 PM

For now, Perica. The right side will soon be OB as well.

Another tournament at Idlewild, another change to the course, another course record.
Rob J
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 9:18:23 PM

NEngle wrote:
For now, Perica. The right side will soon be OB as well. Another tournament at Idlewild, another change to the course, another course record.

and another criticism. if Fred had listened to the critics Idlewild wouldn't be a disc golf course. the beauty is it increases our chance at a course record.   hah!
KevinB
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:48:54 AM

I want to add one final note about not only the 2009 Kentucky State Championships, but all of them. None of it would be possible without Fred Salaz.
Fred lives at Idlewild making sure it looks as lovely as it does all the time. He knows the course back and fourth and can tell you what shot to try where. Between him and Bob Herbert, they are out to make the toughest course for the Pro, over 1000 rated, player.
Some people, including myself, don't agree with all the stuff going on at the course, but for the overall picture there is much more work being done to save the longevity of the course, than there is to add strokes to a player's score.
Fred has the connections that provided this years big time sponsors (Edgewood Electric & Innova), as well as in the past, and he always adds his own money into the tournament each year. Without his generosity the tournaments would not be what they have been in the past.
Fred is why Kentucky States happens. I'm just the fat guy with the big mouth that is stupid enough to go over the out of bounds and mandatory shots during the player's meeting.
perica
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 8:45:11 AM

I'm all for making the course harder as long as it is within a complete contingent plan. There are many gray areas that come up with some of these OBs.

Is directly in front of 5's tee pad but short of the creek OB? If not, where is the line between that and the OB that sends you to the drop zone?
Is the hillside between 15 and 11 OB if you get a terrible kick on long 16?
KevinB
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 10:40:01 AM

As played at KY States, other than this I've got no idea.
In front of 5's tee pad, short of the creek is in bounds. For reference you can ask me and Eric who were there lying three, in doubles mind you. There were lines painted from tee area to the creek, which defined that fairway, and if you were in it, you were in bounds.
The hillside between 15 and 11 is in bounds, however you have to make the mandatory marked on 16's fairway.