Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2009 Disc 'n Dat Bluegrass Open Options
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 5:41:38 PM

Thanks Rob. Appreciate you letting me know. Here's an updated registration list
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:06:22 PM

Latest Registration Update

More regs coming in every day now. Intermediate division is leading the way. See, they ain't a skeert a Idlewild or Banklick - why r u?

Thanks to Russ Toelke and Craig Law for their $ponsorship.

The Champion Destroyers and the STAR Ontario Rocs are selling well. Thanks to all who have purchased one.

The Frazers are bringing some good stuff for the Ring of Fire! - Thanks
discndat
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 3:11:56 PM

Thanks to Discplayer Sports who has stepped up as a sponsor.
kmaupin
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 3:22:21 PM

Do you include any type of disc in the player pack, I looked around and didn't see it listed.

Thanks!
discndat
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 5:56:16 PM

Players Pack is always a good one. Right now we are at 1 Innova disc, 1 Discraft disc, a mini and a tee-shirt. Shirts are going to be real nice from Flywear Apparel, one of our BIG sponsors. Thanks Jim. The women will have a little extra Players Pack, as usual.
discndat
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 10:13:13 AM

Discraft discs are in. We've got some Fundraiser CryZtal Z Buzzz and CryZtal Z Challengers $18 each 2 for $30. I'll try to get some pics, but they are the ones with the Kentucky Horse design. Also, Zing minis with the horse design are in. Players' packs are fillin' up and lookin' good.
discndat
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 3:11:41 PM

Is this the start of things to come? Nikko Locastro just signed up - he's one of the top players on tour this year. I know that should bring some more local Open players out, right?
frizgolf
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 11:00:11 AM

I saw Nikko play in Columbia, Missouri last year.
Outstanding talent.
discndat
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 4:51:53 PM

rangel
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2009 7:32:24 AM

Does anyone have a data card (USB port) I could use for the weekend. There are WIFI spots easy enough, but posting the scores would be easier with a data card.
discndat
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2009 3:59:52 PM

Here's the UPDATED REGISTRATION LIST

Also, anyone who could be available for helping on Saturday or Sunday would be good. We are still in need of some spotters for Idlewild. Just let me know. We'll take care of you.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 10:00:44 AM

Ok, need a little help with some signups - I've gotten two signups from Anthony Giesting - one for himself and one for Anthony Hudson. Giesting - the PDGA number you gave me doesn't seem to be correct and I cannot find your name on the PDGA membership list. Hudson - can't find a number for him also. So, if Anthony Giesting reads this, call me or if someone knows him, have him call me.

Just a reminder to all who want to sign up - since this is an A-Tier tourney, you must be a current PDGA member. We can also sign you up as a PDGA member: PDGA yearly membership cost for AMs is $50 and cost for Pros is $75.  You will get a "soft" PDGA membership card until they process your information after the tournament, at which time shortly after, you will get your official PDGA membership card and other goodies.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 10:24:53 AM

Dan, are you playing Idlewild or Idle"mild" this weekend?
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 1:37:42 PM

Fred, we are playing Idlewild like we played it last year. Everyone really liked your course and the way it played so we decided to keep it the same.
L_Stephens
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 2:57:10 PM

Dan,

I simply can't remember how we played it last year. Could we clarify a bit here so we can practice the course knowing exactly what is and what isn't out?

Ok...I know going over the creek on #2 and #3 to the left is OB...but if it is on this side of the creek and not COMPLETELY surrounded by water..kt is IN? ofcourse in the pond on #2 is OB...but if we hit the cores and bounce back...we take the lie from a meter in on the cores side because the cores are inbounds for the disc n dat right?

#5...I know the peninsula to the right is going to be in bounds..and you have to be completely surrounded by water in the creek to be OB...but if we happen to be completely surrounded...do we go to the drop zone or play from where it was last IB?

#6...are we playing the MANDO on 6...Fred and I were talking about removing the Mando signs later this year on #6 and maybe #16 as well since the trees are pretty thick now and the fairway is more clearly defined...and I don't think anyone would go to the outside now unless forced to.

#11...all the stuff to the left off the tee is IB now? We just need to be completely surrounded by water to be OB? We play from last IB correct?...no Drop Zone for ANYTHING here right?

#13...completely surrounded by water only...and play from last IB lie right?...is across the creek IB as well?..I mean Across to the left side.

#14...if I hit the tree in front of the tee and roll backwards into the creek OB..can I simply walk off the course with a DNF and nobody kid me about it? ;)

#15...I assume you have to be completely surrounded by water in the creek.

#16...completely surrounded by water..we can be in the creek bed as long as we are dry?...and no OB left of the short green?

#18 is only OB past the fence or on or beyond the road?...hey..I've done it...and I've seen it done.

Just trying to clarify...it would drastically change the way I approach the course.

discndat
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 2:59:20 PM

Ok, all you AMs who haven't signed up yet. Just want to let you know that it is getting closer to filling. We currently have 26 spots left in AMs so if you or someone you know is planning on playing, I would suggest getting it in soon. You don't want to be the one standing in the shelter looking out on the tee.
L_Stephens
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 3:02:03 PM

...and if you do get locked out...you can either play Pro...or we can reward you for being a MUCH needed spotter...#5, #6, #10, #11, #13, #15, and #18 could always use a volunteer to spot for some of the big arm aggressors.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 3:02:46 PM

Dan, that's not the way it was designed. Just ask Bob. The locals play/practice it with all the ob in play and when you change it it takes their advantage away. It also hurt the ssa for the course since the BGO is the only big tournament that is played on it. If it's because you don't have time to mark the ob then all you have to do is ask and we can mark it(you buy the paint). It's not my course, it's our course.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 3:10:45 PM

To be honest with you, most people I hear, play the course without all the OB, including some of what we use in the tournament. Some may say all the extra OB and drop zones are more of a disadvantage.  It isn't about not having the time.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 3:52:20 PM

Lee, sorry I didn't see your post before when I posted - not really ignoring you. But I don't have time to answer all that right now. Essentially, if you are surrounded by water you are OB, unless there's string, cores, wall marking the OB. No island OB on 5, no island OB on 11, no long OB on 16.
L_Stephens
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 5:53:32 PM

No need to apologize Dan...you got a lot on your plate right now....in other news:

Open Masters seems to be the place to be now a days...shaping up nicely...come on Jeff Eades and quit hiding from me. laugh

If we can get a few more Masters...say a David Cox????....Howie Baird???? Jack Foust?....Climo????heh.  I can see it now...all the young'uns are going to complain that winning Masters paid a lot more than winning Open...and it isn't fair.
nienaber
Posted: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 6:39:57 AM

good luck this weekend everyone! it is killing me not to be a part of that huge AM II field...if you are having a bad round just think that it could be worse you could be spending your day getting RSVPs and the seating chart done for a wedding : )

discndat
Posted: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 2:14:57 PM

Looks like we have 17 AM spots left and several that are supposed to sign up today. AM field closes at 90. So, if you are an AM player, I would get in soon. If your an AM player after 90 AMs, you'll need to sign up as a Pro. I know there are some more Advanced players out there - you playing Pro?   Remember, NO SATURDAY SIGNUPS

UPDATED LIST

Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 2:48:42 PM

Dan, I came into the shop yesterday and signed up but I'm still not on the list. Just wanted to make sure I get in. Thanks! Craig Dyke
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 2:57:48 PM

See how quick it fills up!

3 more spots are gone. Got you Craig - you'll see your name up there soon.