Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Donations of Discs Options
Jokerman
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 12:17:56 PM

Hey All,

I am writing b/c I have for sometime been working to spread the fun of disc golf in Owen Co where there is a new 9 hole course at the High School.

In the past, most noteable with the Bluegrass DG guys I have asked for donations of discs. The response has been great.

I am letting you know that any of you who are interested in donating discs we would be glad to take them. A most noted reason for the need is an event we have coming up in the summer here in Owen Co called "Owen Co. Serve." This is a community program in which students of potentially 100 or more gather and spend a week doing many service projects in the community. They will work all day and in the evening come back to the school. After dinner they will be involved in several recreational activites. One of those mentioned today was us teaching them and doing disc golf since the course is right there.

I would love to be able to supply enough discs for them and even be able to allow them to take those discs home at the end of the week so they can play again later. I hope in our DG league we have.

If you are able to donate discs let me know.  Perhaps we can meet or even if Dan is willing have them dropped off at Disc N Dat. (Dan don't worry I'll not let them sit long as I know you are moving.)

The week of Service is June 21-27 so we have a few weeks yet.

Thanks for your interest and help in this.

Jason Brown

discndat
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:41:27 PM

I'd be glad to take in discs from people for your event Jason. We'll throw in some discs too.
Jokerman
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 12:47:24 PM

discndat wrote:
I'd be glad to take in discs from people for your event Jason. We'll throw in some discs too.

Thanks!

Special thanks to Liz who donated some as well.
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 3:00:24 PM

Hey Dan, i know this may not help a lot but you can throw in my Green Star Sidewinder that was given to you from the Ice bowl. I think it has my name and number on the back (TJ Giesting), but i wouldnt mind donating it if they would still take it...
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 2:55:02 PM

TJ - sorry I missed this last week. Yeah, I'll get it to Jason. Thanks - they definitely appreciate it.