Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Novice Division? Options
NKYgoalie
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 9:59:09 PM

Hi.  I am wondering how good the the novice division is for the ccs events.  I am ok, but I cant throw huge bombs yet, nor can my dad.  We are considering about playing A.J. Jolly that is coming up, and I just want to know how good people are in the novice division to see if we can compete without looking stupid.  Thanks.
T_Vincent
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 10:13:28 PM

There is a wide range of skills in the novice division. I have played with a few people that were playing in there first CCS. The idea is not to make them look stupid, as you put it. The idea is to help them with thier game. The people you play with in your rounds are happy to help. AJ is normally one of the smallest fields for the season, so the rounds are not as long as some others. Come on down, have some fun, and play the game you enjoy.
cyrusf1
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 10:40:02 PM

Don't worry about looking stupid. Tournaments are the best way to learn to throw.
mikesech
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 5:02:06 PM

they really are and meeting the wright people thats how i learned its not about looking stupid its about having fun and learning how to play the game
Meow_Mix
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2009 6:42:04 PM

NKY...nothing stupid. I played my first CCS event in 02' and trust me, if there was a "stupid" I was that one...haha. But for real, the people are very nice and never look at players in that way. Your good to go and I highly suggest you play the CC. It is the doorway to so many tourneys in the midwest!!!