Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10: Wii: Disc Golf Mode Options
L_Stephens
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 5:59:10 PM

Check out the video here: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173854

It is a great step in the right direction.  You can play Tiger Woods Golf in Disc Golf Mode...basically putting baskets on a ball golf course.  Throw in a Sand Trap or Water Hazard and you get a stroke.  First person view...some might prefer a future Third person view...but like I said...great step in the right direction.  Since this is EA Sports...we can probably expect a spin off game in the next year or so dedicated to Disc Golf. 

Maybe we can see future features like design a player and design a course...with updates on new discs and other equipment.
L_Stephens
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 7:00:14 PM

Just watched a live podcast from some of the developers on this upcoming release. Several things in this: http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=4059603 were talked about at length. One of the things I found most notable was the fact you can take a live feed from The Weather Channel and if selected...can change the dynamic of your game on a hole by hole basis while you play. So you look outside and like last years Williamsburg Hurricane..you can say...'I wonder what it would be like to play in 70mph winds....let me just log on and play'. Or "Man it really sucks playing in a torrentual downpour and 45F temps...can you pass the Cheetos and get your feet off the furniture?'

The digital course mapping software is just sick. 2 millimeter accuracy on terrain. True life vegetation. I just have a question that wasn't answered online. If I play with current weather conditions...can I play Glow? Maybe one day in the future I'll get a call to assist the EA guys around Idlewild as they map one of the greatest courses in the world for an upcoming stand alone release.

Oh..forgot..I'm supposed to be headed to the store to buy a Wii...if any are in stock.
T_Vincent
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 8:57:46 PM

This looks very cool. And he can putt better than many real disc golfers. Would be kinda cool to play dg on Pebble Beach.
nienaber
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:39:27 AM

I think the best part of this is that it is a main feature of the game. Considering they sell millions of copies the exposure that EA Sports is giving Disc Golf will no doubt boost the game in a positive financial direction.

Lets just hope we don't have to start calling to get tee times to play a round of disc golf...Harbin is getting bad enough as it is!
woottebs
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 11:10:19 AM

this is pretty badass.
L_Stephens
Posted: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 7:16:47 PM

Tiger Woods 2010: Wii: Disc Golf Mode

The game released today and I went by GameStop to pick up my reserved copy...rushed back to the hacienda and popped it in...this is the first look mini review for you guys.

First off...I didn't expect much...this is the FIRST true disc golf game for the masses and it is just an add on to a superb game of Tiger Woods...that in itself is more valuable to the long term success of the sport than we can imagine.

I'll keep this short and sweet so I can get back to the game. You play disc golf on the ball golf courses that come with Tiger Woods. You have a selection of three discs. A driver with a max range of 150 yards. A midrange with a max range of 75 yards. A putter with a max range of 22 yards...yea...66 feet with a putter is silly huh? But anyways, the course is mostly open..but if you do happen to get into the trees...you take the stroke and throw from your previous lie....wait..no magical forehand rollers? Speaking of which..you can only throw left handed or right handed backhand..and you must set this up at the beginning of the game. No side arm...to tommies...no rollers...like I said...3 discs.

The game itself is pretty smooth with the new motion+ sensor...if you fling a disc too the right..it goes right...if you go left...it goes left...however...the discs don't have stability factors...so...a swoop with a hyzer just goes left..it doesn't arc to the left. If you nose up your disc...you actually get more loft..especially downwind...Putting....pretty much anything within 60 feet is automatic. Sort of like some of you..but not like me. Every putt goes in...I haven't hit a BOINK off the top or a CLANG off the bottom...I guess the developers believe in no low putts.

It isn't super realistic...but the graphics are nice...and it is a great start to what will hopefully turn into its own game with much more realism.

On another note...the Tiger Woods Golf is super realistic...with great sensitivity on the Motion+...if you play golf on any other console..you are missing out.
nienaber
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 11:13:46 AM

http://www.pdga.com/wii-love-disc-golf

pdga making a disc golf game...guess i am gonna get a wii
Lingo1976
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 5:47:36 PM

I too picked up my copy of Tiger 2010 today!!! Like Lee said it is definately a step in the right direction. And it is the closest you will ever get to throwing some discs at Pebble Beach!!
L_Stephens
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 10:04:05 PM

I shot -2 with two 7's and a 6....putting is automatic...but the midrange distances are difficult for me to judge....I like it...it is a good stepping stone to the next level....I just hope the Autonomous Games version is worth the wait after they have pushed back the release date twice.
Lingo1976
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 10:26:31 PM

I agree........ the mid-range is def the hardest part of the game. anything between 30 yds and 100 yds is hard to judge. I did get an overhand to go but it never flipped but then again it didn't roll either. I do however think it would be cool if the controller would still fit in the "wheel". I would be a little more like throwing a disc
mikesech
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:03:33 PM

is there a release date for the Autonomous version of the disc golf game for the wii ?????
L_Stephens
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:32:40 PM

Last I heard they were trying to have a demo by Worlds with a release by the Holiday season...aka...December.
mikesech
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 10:49:57 AM

man that a long way away lol but im sure it will come by fast it seems real intresting i cant wait for it to come out
NKYgoalie
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 9:19:00 PM

Since I play both ball and disc golf, this is like the greatest game ever.  If anybody else plays and wants to shoot some online my screen name is STSgoalie.  Put your screen name here and I will add you as a friend on the game.