Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Countryside YMCA disc golf course Options
DanH
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 1:48:44 AM

The Countryside YMCA in Lebanon will have the opening ceremony of its new 9 hole disc golf course on May 5 at 10:30 AM.  The baskets are actually in the ground now, but I'm not sure if the natural tees are set up yet, and it needs a little pruning work on some of the holes.  There are shorts and longs for each hole.  The shorts are Winton woods like distance to accomodate kids and beginners.  The longs won't be a whole lot longer, but most people will at least be breaking out a mid range on several of them.

As far as I know, you'll need a membership to get in or whatever the normal YMCA visiting fee is.  I'll get some more details on that for those in the area that want to check it out.

This should at least be good publicity for disc golf and get some new players in the sport.  They have thousands of members and run day camps thorughout the summer, so it will get some play for sure.
NEngle
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:04:31 AM

Well done, Dan! The "Northern Explosion" continues...
mikejenkins1
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 8:46:09 PM

So I had heard that you might be able to play it without being a member.
I thought someone posted instructions once how to find it.
Any updates on the course, location, if it costs to play?
DanH
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 11:32:43 PM

mikejenkins1 wrote:
So I had heard that you might be able to play it without being a member. I thought someone posted instructions once how to find it. Any updates on the course, location, if it costs to play?

Directions

Map of Facilities

See the Map of Facilities from the above link.  Go to the end of the Northwest Parking Lot closest to the soccer fields.  You can get through the fence there.  Now head towards the outdoor bathrooms.  Just past the bathrooms you will see a practice basket next to the tennis courts and to the right will be a sign for the disc golf course.  They have installed tee posts now, so it should be easy to get around.  The short tees are numbered 1 - 9, and the long tees numbered 10 - 18.

Enjoy.
GIES2525
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 10:33:00 AM

So can anyone play it?
DanH
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 11:01:01 AM

I think it's sort of a gray area. I believe the nature trails are open to the public, and the course is situated amongst the nature trails. So, you should be fine.