Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Dog Fest 2009 Options
drx49er
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2009 10:38:45 AM

My wife is volunteer coordinator for PAWS, a no kill shelter in Middletown, and they are sponsoring Dog Fest again this year. It takes place at VOA park in West Chester on June 13 and 14. We are looking for anyone who wants to help with anything, musaicians, magicians, games, food, vendors, set up and tear down. PAWS ia a non-profit organization so you can deduct any merchandise donated on your taxes.

This is a good opportunity for us to get involved in our community. It's a huge event.

Let me know is anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Dayton thumbsup

www.pawsadoptioncenter.org
www.dog-fest.org

drx49er
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2009 1:41:44 PM

This is an updated request for volunteers for Dogfest. My wife, Mandy, is in charge of securing volunteers for the event. This is a great event and a chance to help a great organization. Dog lovers unite!

Hi everyone! My name is Mandy and I'm the volunteer coordinator for PAWS Adoption Center in Middletown, OH (www.pawsadoptioncenter.org) as well as for the upcoming West Chester event, DOGFEST!

We are down to less than a month to go and we need your help! I need donations for raffle prizes, items to sell, and most importantly VOLUNTEERS!

For more information, please e-mail me and I will respond to you asap. Next, I will give you a little information on the event. (www.dog-fest.org)

What is DOGFEST? Simply put, it is a celebration of dogs and their owners
while educating people about responsible pet ownership. People can come enjoy
the day out with their canine companions knowing that all of the money they spend
that day helps our animal friends in need and the organizations that serve them!

When and Where? June 13th and 14th, 11am-5pm, at VOA park in West Chester (behind the museum with entrance from Tylersville Rd.)

Who is PAWS and why are they doing this? PAWS is a non-profit, no-kill shelter located in Middletown, Ohio that is home to many wonderful unwanted and mistreated pets that are now receiving loving care and veterinary assistance until someone adopts them into a forever home. DOGFEST is our biggest fundraiser. Being a non-profit organization, we must rely on the generosity of the community of supporters that believe in the PAWS mission and strive to help our canine and feline friends in need! This event helps us achieve that goal as well as helping to spread the word out about animal adoption and positive pet ownership.

Things you need to know:
$8 per carload !
No retractable leashes!
Clean up after your pets !

Time is running out! Normally we have a committee that runs this event but this year they have all bailed on us, leaving nothing done and us to pick up these pieces. I appreciate any and ALL help I can get!

drx49er
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 10:41:02 AM

We really need volunteers to help to help from 2 till 5 both Saturday and sunday! I know it's asking a lot of many people I don't know well yet, but I thought by now I'd have atleast a few people. I know we are better than this. Don't let me down!!
Also, if anyone would like to donate discs, shirts, hats, etc for the raffle, that would be awesome!!!!!