Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

kind of lost at Boone... kind of Options
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Thursday, June 04, 2009 10:02:32 PM

Playing for fun tonight at Boone and had a disc get stuck up in a tree on hole 8 near the basket. Its about 30' up in the tree and looks to be stuck in an old birds nest.

White Z drone from 2009 Worlds... going out tomorrow morning to see if it fell out but desperately need it for this weekend. Reward if returned tomorrow or before the tournament starts Saturday morning.
L_Stephens
Posted: Thursday, June 04, 2009 10:28:22 PM

heh..I've put a big turning Comet up in a tree on that hole as well. If worse comes to worse...I have an FLX Drone I can loan ya this weekend. I haven't thrown the Z yet...I would like to.
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2009 8:20:14 AM

Thanks Lee...
I have a stack of FLX's but they fly completely different. The Z drone flies about how I would imagine they wanted the Wasp to fly. Its overstable but not so overstable that it starts hooking right away. I basically replaced my wasp with the Z drone so I can just go back to the wasp for this weekend until I can get another one.

I went out there this morning and its still up there but its not coming down on its own. 2 hours of time spent throwing sticks and rocks at the tree did absolutely nothing to make it budge. I went out there and it looks like someone else tried to get it down after I left, there were more sticks laying around all over the place.
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2009 1:29:50 PM

update: An unnamed former disc golfer in the area conned a neighbor kid into climbing the tree to get my drone down. He will be receiving a beginner disc golf set from me as gratitude :)
L_Stephens
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2009 6:01:35 PM

Good to hear..and if you wanna trade some of those FLX Drones off...well I'm your man.