Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Rapid Run Course Challange Options
T_Vincent
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 7:59:58 PM

I know there are still two months and two CC's till we get to this one. The difference is, those already have baskets.  I am putting together a list of people who have baskets, and what type of basket it is. The idea is to have 18 good baskets. If we need some "lesser" baskets (cough cough Skill Shot), then we have to use them.

Please tell me your name, number of baskets & type of basket.  This way we can keep the list for when we try to do echo park (maybe), burnett or others.

Thanks in advance, and I will see on the course.

Tony

DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 10:38:53 PM

Drew Miller
602-0637
Mach 3

I might be able to borrow Erik's chainstar as well.....
DanH
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 10:59:04 PM

I can bring my Lightning DB-5
cyrusf1
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 12:57:52 AM

1 chainstar
finnhawc
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 11:39:51 AM

Finnegan DGA Mach Lite- the best portable basket available IMO.
Brad_H
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 11:51:47 AM

Brad
1 Innova Discatcher Traveler
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 12:16:45 PM

Drew 2 - I just realized you had R2 D2 as your avatar - kool!
mikekem
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 6:18:35 PM

You can also use my lightning DB-5
T_Vincent
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 7:21:39 PM

OK, we now have 6 wks and 3 days till this CC. We have a good start for the baskets that we will need.

The list so far is as follows:

Drew Miller; Mach 3
Dan Hollingshead; Lightning DB-5
Cyrus P. Fuhrman; Chainstar
John Finnegan; DGA Mach Lite
Brad Hartoin; Innova Discatcher Traveler
Mike Kemner; Lightning DB-5
Dave Marlow; Chainstar & One of the clubs baskets, also a chainstar
Adam Jones; Innova

I know Eades has a few that can be used.

I also have a few that I would only like to use in case someone forgets a basket or we do not have enough.
Lou Doench Instep (Plans to add chains)
Tony Vincent Instep (Added chains)

If you count up what we have, we are half way there. We still need some more.

Thanks again to those you who are going to bring baskets.
mikekem
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:05:36 AM

Sc0rch3d
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:14:45 AM

mikekem wrote:
Here is a map of previous year's course. 

I was getn ready to ask that......thanks mike. I have another question, gonna sound stupid again I'm sure......All of these courses are new to me so I try to get to them b4 we throw a course challenge. If you took this map to rapid run(which I'm assuming is the road that runs off of queen city) would you get a feel for the layout or is it a waste of time? Some course are easy for me blind, like oxford. Others like monroe, I made it out there 3 times the week leading up to the event and it seems to have really helped. So, I guess my only point is.....scouting a park without baskets wouldn't be odd would it? if I have  this map though,lol? Heading to idlewild then to see dan @discndat, tx
T_Vincent
Posted: Saturday, July 18, 2009 9:32:01 PM

Ok, Rapid Run is the next CC on the list. This is the list so far of baskets.

Drew Miller
Dan Hollingshead
Cyrus P. Fuhrman
John Finnegan
Brad Hartoin
Mike Kemner
Lou Doench
Tony Vincent
Dave Marlow
Adam Jones
Chad Harrod
Ben Shooner
Pete Caldwell
Jim Ferrara (PlanS to be there, but may not)
Phil Miller

We are a still few shy. If anyone has a basket please let me know.

Thanks again.
andersab
Posted: Sunday, July 19, 2009 9:42:19 AM

Tony, I have a club basket, but won't be at rapid run... I can drop it off at Dave's before hand if he has enough room.
topherb
Posted: Sunday, July 19, 2009 10:00:41 AM

Lost my keys after the ccs at idle yesterday between holes 1 and 11. Holla if found!
STEVO
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 3:07:26 PM

Lawrence,

To answer your question about Rapid Run, you don't really have to see the layout before game day.  You can drive past the park and pretty much see what the terrain is like. Hilly, a lot of trees, very little brush, and only one or two blind shots.  Sort of like a slightly more compact version of Belmont Park in Dayton, if you've ever been there.

For those too new to remember, DON'T MISS THIS ONE!!  Hole 18 is arguably the greatest finishing hole in Cincy DG history....
discndat
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 3:27:43 PM

Jeff Eades is bringing a DGA Mach 3 or Mach 5.
Sc0rch3d
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 10:36:46 PM

STEVO wrote:
Lawrence,

To answer your question about Rapid Run, you don't really have to see the layout before game day.  You can drive past the park and pretty much see what the terrain is like. Hilly, a lot of trees, very little brush, and only one or two blind shots.  Sort of like a slightly more compact version of Belmont Park in Dayton, if you've ever been there.

For those too new to remember, DON'T MISS THIS ONE!!  Hole 18 is arguably the greatest finishing hole in Cincy DG history....

sounds awesome steve thanks... .yeah....tony  told me I'd look silly throwing a disc around  rapid run park with no baskets, I agreed lol.....then it occured to me, I do that all the time. So,  I am gonna go take a look at it....never been there and its close to me so why not? Probably take a disc and act silly too. Focused on the Dor D for now though, c u soon and ty
T_Vincent
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 7:01:50 PM

Less than two weeks to go. Here is our basket count...

Drew Miller
Dan Hollingshead
Cyrus P. Fuhrman (Will Bring 2)
John Finnegan
Brad Hartoin
Mike Kemner
Dave Marlow
Adam Jones
Chad Harrod
Ben Shooner
Pete Caldwell
Phil Miller
Jeff Eades (Will Bring Two)
Lou Doench
Tony Vincent
Jim Ferrara
GCFDA Club Baskets (We have two as a club)

I also am working on a few others in case some people forget to bring thier basket.

So we have enough baskets for the 18 holes, and maybe a temp hole or two if needed. Thanks again to everyone that is bringing thier basket. If you are not on this list and you have one, even if it is a fabric basket, please bring it. You never know what will happen, and I want to be prepared.

Tony
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Thursday, August 06, 2009 7:17:42 PM

Erik's going to bring his chainstar
agentdozzer
Posted: Thursday, August 06, 2009 9:53:20 PM

What is the length of the course? Any bomb holes or real short ones?
discndat
Posted: Friday, August 07, 2009 8:47:35 AM

There's a link to a map a few messages up the board here which will show you the course from back in 1998; we will be staying pretty close to that. Trees have grown, new ones planted, HUGE sidewalks have been put in so it's changed some, but we will have pretty much the same holes and distances will be close to the same also.

I figured I'd just add the link here:  Here is a map of previous year's course.  www.cincinnatidiscgolf.com/Portals/0/Pages/Courses/coursemaps/RapidRun.gif
morando02
Posted: Friday, August 07, 2009 2:00:27 PM

I have a skillshot, but I need to know where the course is, any final word on where it will be taking place
discndat
Posted: Friday, August 07, 2009 3:00:33 PM

Rapid Run Park is at 4450 Rapid Run Rd. in Cincinnati - Price Hill/Western Hills area.

Rapid Run Park, with its gently swelling hills, lovely landscaping, and shady picnic areas, is an excellent place for a family picnic and visit or a nice disc golf tournament. Tall trees shade the picnic tables, swings and slide and make for a few tough disc golf shots,. In case of rain, a graceful stone building provides both shelter and a view of the lake through its arched windows and a beautiful view of shots on hole 18's basket.. That lake is still one of the best places in Cincinnati to try out a toy boat or have your disc fly in when you're playing disc golf.  It definitely is one of the nicest finishing holes in the city.

The paved pathways in Rapid Run Park wander up and down hills, past the shelter, and around the lake and have grown since the last disc golf tournament there. The ball diamonds wait for impromptu games, deliberately kept available for informal use and we hope that doesn't happen on 8/15/09.

Some forty-five species of trees, both native and ornamental, grow on Rapid Run's almost fifty acres. The Guerley Road side of the park has a small wooded area, but no trails. Even though these woods are small, spring wildflowers (trout lilies, toothwort, spring beauty, squirrel's corn) bloom there every April, as they have since before the days when the Indians and pioneers travelled up "Lick Run Valley."

Rapid Run Park and Parkway, at Glenway Avenue and Rapid Run Road, are composed of nine parcels purchased between 1928 and 1930 and one parcel of old Potter's Field property obtained by ordinance in 1934. The area now contains 49.188 acres (approximately 4 acres were transferred to the Recreation Commission in 1963). Called "Lick Run Park" in its early years, it was renamed by the Park Board in 1940. The park's first improvement came in 1941 through the Federal Works Project Administration.

agentdozzer
Posted: Friday, August 07, 2009 8:26:22 PM

Looks like two awesome finishing holes, looks like ill need to place so i can replace what i throw in.
discndat
Posted: Saturday, August 08, 2009 10:46:23 AM

You don't need to worry about "losing" the discs. It's not that deep - it's a wading pool. You can either go in and get your discs and get wet or I think my granddaughter is going to be there and will retrieve your disc for $1. That's what the young Keith's used to do - now they're grown!