Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2009 BHMO Options
schick
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:35:38 AM

Hey Everyone,

If you want to play in the tourney this year you better get your money in. The Am side may already be full, the last message from Paul was 6 spots left....as for the NT pro side, there appears to be 37 spots. Don't be fooled though, those could be gone in a matter of days. Last year a lot of people were shut out thinking they had plenty of time. As we get closer, Paul could get 10-15 entries a day....get moving, it's almost here! annouce

www.columbusdiscgolf.com
schick
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 7:11:01 PM

Only 19 spots left...better hurry if you want in! They should go fast because I believe there are a bunch of guys on tour who have not registered yet. Once they hear of it the spots will go quick!
kmaupin
Posted: Thursday, July 09, 2009 10:06:43 AM

Anyone going up tomorrow to practice, it is my first time on either of these courses and playing with someone who knows them is usually a big help.

Kelly
513-706-0143
andersab
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2009 3:09:59 PM

Just got a text from craig... "Its 3:00 and we have only played 7 holes so far today. Beautiful day in the neighborhood."
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2009 6:15:18 PM

I wondered why i couldnt get any results
NKYgoalie
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2009 7:32:00 PM

1st round results are in, looks like nikko got off the waiting list and was put in the tournament, and is in 1st, followed by schultz, doss, and feldberg.
andersab
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2009 8:52:06 PM

Update from Craig..."We tee off at 8 but the final 9 is supposed to be at 3ish"
NKYgoalie
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2009 9:58:33 PM

did they finish both rounds??? I am going up tommorow to watch... hopefully I will see some good playing.
nienaber
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 6:50:28 AM

it seemed like we had a lot of guys from Cincy cash...

I pulled 6th in intermediate and I believe Kelly and Dave cashed in rec

How did everyone else do?
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 8:21:43 AM

I got 5th in AM1... got to play on the lead card all 3 rounds. Starting on hole 1 all 3 rounds was pretty fortunate. We got through all the ugly holes before the rain started Saturday morning.
mikekem
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 9:29:16 AM

It looks like the Pro's only played 2 rounds. Is that right or does the page still need updating.
kmaupin
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 9:59:26 AM

mikekem wrote:
It looks like the Pro's only played 2 rounds. Is that right or does the page still need updating.

Yeah, the pdga hasn't been updated yet, but the Pro's played the Hambrick 27 on Saturday and again on Sunday, then they did the final 9 which was very crazy. Felberg won the three way playoff on hole one long.

I finished 2nd and Dave finished 3rd in Rec,  we played the Westside temp course three times, 27 holes on Saturday and 27 holes on Sunday.

I am feeling it today...   =)
StorminSteve
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 9:52:12 PM

For those locals that hate Nikko nono , well I watched him both rounds Sunday and he didn't do anything that anyone else wouldn't do. I watch Dave and Barry get into it. Personally my son talks to Dave (gateway) and we talked and followed Nikko the whole time just to see how he is. I couldn't ask for any friendlier person to have watched ! He is just very intense and wants to win everything . He sat in the parking lot and said how sorry he was for not doing better. He even signed and gave my son some discs.  How many pros would do that ? ? Here is something to read ,                                                                                                                                                                                 Nikko's presence is being felt on the tour in more ways than one. Plagued with being a little too emotional at times, Nikko still has a lot to learn about keeping his composure for all 72 holes of an event. The ability to bring out the fire from inside and maintain the proper emotional levels at the same time, week after week, hole after hole, shot after shot is not a small task, especially when youre 20 years old and on tour competing with local course homies and well seasoned vets. Winning at the highest level of play is something very few people will ever get the chance to do and most probably don't understand what it really takes to win. Until you have competed at the top of a professional sport or you've walked in similar shoes,,,,, don't be so quick to judge.
2Timer
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 11:31:50 PM

You caught him on a good day then. I played 3 rounds with him at the Lexington open last year and he was an idiot the hole time. It was the first time I had to ask someone to stop making out with his girlfriend in the middle of the fairway so I could throw my upshot. And this was on more than one occasion.
L_Stephens
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 11:50:58 PM

Maybe his actions were just being overshadowed by the douche that is Brad Hammock.
2Timer
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 11:54:34 PM

It's funny that you say that because the last time I shot with Hammock which was back in the mid 90's he was a huge prick, but to my surprise he was a complete gentlemen on Sunday, but I did hear is that way when he is shooting well, which he was.