Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Sumac Attack PDGA C-tier August 29th 2009 Monroe Community DGC Options
Tim Tim
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:46:11 PM

Man, I can't wait for this! So who all has registered so far? Might play UP a division in this as well =) wanna really start pushing myself to play better!
nienaber
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 10:49:42 PM

i signed up intermediate...does anyone have any thoughts on what a solid score for each division would be?
L_Stephens
Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:56:58 AM

I would say around even for INT...maybe 2 down each round to win....maybe 4 to 6 down each round to win Advanced...probably gotta kill it to win Pro...maybe a -10 and a -8
Tim Tim
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 11:42:59 AM

L_Stephens wrote:
I would say around even for INT...maybe 2 down each round to win....maybe 4 to 6 down each round to win Advanced...probably gotta kill it to win Pro...maybe a -10 and a -8

Yea that's pretty much right... give or take a HOT round every now and then! booya 

But on average, Lee is corrrrect!
Holly W
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 7:57:11 AM

registration list updated on pdga.com, new look to the website www.sumacattack.com
Holly W
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 6:22:09 AM

Thanks for the front page exposure, much appreciated!!!
Holly W
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2009 2:14:38 PM

Brian G will be on site to update scores as they are turned in, you will be able to see your round ratings the day of, just like we did at Turtlecreek Open!!!
Tim Tim
Posted: Saturday, August 22, 2009 1:22:01 PM

That's sounds cool =)
Holly W
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 8:56:54 AM

We will be setting up tournament central at the upper shelter by hole #1 (the lower shelter was reserved) several registrations have come in and will be updated today
zac
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 9:17:57 PM

so the photo section for the monroe course, which is great, has the distances listed different than the teesigns. should i just assume the course signs are wrong and that the right distances are what is listed (and on the scorecard maybe///?)

anyone know?
thanks
-Zac
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 9:25:32 PM

I play there alot and I know several others do more than I. After your post i checked out the course page and it seems the listed lengths are longer than the tee signs. For any mental or physical prep I would suggest using the course page distance b/c many holes play longer than they seem so the added mental distance wont hurt you. Although none of monroes holes are that long if you can throw 330-350 with some consistency and know how to keep uphill and downhill shots in mind.
Holly W
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 9:27:00 AM

Looks like there is going to be plenty of room for anyone who is showing up the day of, registration is semi-updated, will be updated again today
Holly W
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:28:16 AM

I have received several phone calls from folks who are coming, online registration semi-updated
Holly W
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 9:34:23 AM

The lower shelter by hole 20 has opened up, tournament central will now be located there (back parking lot)
Tim Tim
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 5:39:21 PM

Still not sure what division I'm gonna play... especially with Donovan joining Intermediate, hmmmmmmm crazy
nienaber
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:37:11 PM

i recommend intermediate...the more the merrier.
Eric Simpson
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:59:13 PM

Intermediate for sure. No more Rec for you with your rating.
L_Stephens
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 9:07:29 PM

Geez...can we stop with the sandbagging references. Donovan is playing well within his rating. The difference between the bottom of INT..900...and the top of INT....935....is 3.5 putts per round of 18 holes. Sandbagging should be reserved to nonmembers of the PDGA that play a tournament at their home course in the lowest division allowed....not for someone that has a long history of PDGA Sanctioned play and is playing within the guidelines set forth by the Competition Committee. Donovan has two career INT wins...one in 2007 at The Gulley, one in 2008 at Turtle Creek....maybe he can do a new Northside sweep and put Monroe under his belt.

If you want to win a tournament..you gotta go out and earn it...you can't just wait for everyone to play in a division above where they should be and you sneak out a win. If you go out and shoot your best...and you still get beat...you did the best you could and should be proud...if you play like crap...and still win..there is no glory in that.

But I digress...I forget where I am...I'm in the home of the Bungles...where a 'win is a win'...no matter how it was achieved ;)

Go Falcons!
Eric Simpson
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 9:21:49 PM

Did someone crap on your bbq sandwich Lee or did you just pull one of your no sleep disc golf & work for 36 straight hours marathons? Tim didn't say Donovan was sandbagging. I think he was just trying to figure out which division he was playing in and I pointed out that with a 905 rating, he didn't have that choice...unless he was thinking between Int & Adv.  Speaking of choices, what division are you playing, Lee?
L_Stephens
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 9:36:08 PM

I read in the frazzled emoticon as a reference to sandbagging...
IF I PLAY....IF...I will most likely play Open Masters and donate my money to my worthy adversaries. I have to work Saturday night...so I'm still debating on playing or not.

And yes..I did work all night and go play Banklick this morning.

Tim Tim
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 12:16:41 AM

Eric Simpson wrote:
Did someone crap on your bbq sandwich Lee or did you just pull one of your no sleep disc golf & work for 36 straight hours marathons? Tim didn't say Donovan was sandbagging. I think he was just trying to figure out which division he was playing in and I pointed out that with a 905 rating, he didn't have that choice...unless he was thinking between Int & Adv.  Speaking of choices, what division are you playing, Lee?

Seems you know me better than alot of people Eric! lol Thanks for the backup and "yes" I am going to play Intermediate. And I know where the rating caps off for INT and all I was saying is that I know how good Donovan is and that I know I'ma have my work cut out for me. But I also know there are others that I'm gonna have to battle with too! Like Eric, Matt, James, and Abby.

Plus I DON'T want to have a bad round and wind up winning... That would mean that I am bagging lol

Either way, I'll see you Saturday Lee as well as everyone else!

*** And I actually did consider playing Advanced, juuuuuuuuust so you know....  With some more dedication I'll be playing up another division in no time jump
soundmind
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 9:13:51 AM

ok it is pdga and i was going to keep playing my rating but if somone gives me there players pack roc then I will move up to open, just joking.
let me see if i can scrounge up enough $ and i will move up to open , but dont be discouraged i will move up to advanced atleast regardless.
Holly W
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 10:11:00 AM

online registration will stay open until this evening, there is plenty of room for anyone who wants to sign up the day of, looks like the weather forecast is much better than it looked earlier in the week!!!!

Also, Donovan, you don't have to move anywhere, play in the division that you will have the most fun, see everyone tomorrow!!!
nienaber
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 10:14:24 AM

yeah i have 0 pdga wins in rec or intermediate...i am glad donovan is playing intermediate because it makes the division what it is supposed to be. decent players who just aren't consistant...plus i enjoy donovan and his wooden van and anti-george bush propoganda!
finnhawc
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 10:36:35 AM

I'll try and make it, Holly. You have a good rep. for running solid tourneys.