Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Sumac Attack PDGA C-tier August 29th 2009 Monroe Community DGC Options
Tim Tim
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 10:37:18 AM

I agree! I actually thought it might be cool to be on the same card as Donovan for once lol When I play with him I always try harder. I don't want anyone feeling like they have to move up or down a division because of anything I said. It wasn't my intention to make anyone feel awkward... So Donovan, please stay where you are!
cheesy79
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 11:09:49 AM

nienaber wrote:
yeah i have 0 pdga wins in rec or intermediate...i am glad donovan is playing intermediate because it makes the division what it is supposed to be. decent players who just aren't consistant...plus i enjoy donovan and his wooden van and anti-george bush propoganda!

Whoo-hooo.   You just described me.  At leat I think I'm decent.  I'm now pretty sure I'll fall flat on my face now that I've said that.

This will be my first singles tournament (I played the Duece or Die, which was my first tourney period).  Pretty excited.
nienaber
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 11:39:55 AM

trust me cheesy you are in a biiiig group (I like to call us baggers anonymous) eric, lee...

Lee you should play intermediate...age protected divisions are over rated!
Tim Tim
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 11:43:15 AM

lol
L_Stephens
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 11:47:59 AM

Matt...I have enough plastic already...I don't need anymore...and besides..I'm trying to learn how to putt like some of these old guys.

Tim Tim
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 11:52:21 AM

As if your not already awesome at putting? lol Are you still usin the swirls for putting?
L_Stephens
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 11:58:17 AM

I use Challengers for most putting...swirls have their usages. When I do use them..those are the putts that people remember...those big anny putts around trees from the weeds...those 100ft uphill putts...but generally...Challengers.
Tim Tim
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 1:11:40 PM

I have 2 Challengers in my bag as well. Use em for those long floater putts but mostly for upshots.
topherb
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 1:17:06 PM

I use a wraith for putting oh wait no thats will! LOL
Tim Tim
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 1:25:57 PM

yea but the crazy thing about that is he uses a Wraith for Drives, approaches, and putts... and is GOOD at it! I'm jealous of his 1 disc skillz.
topherb
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 1:39:57 PM

Yeah but his one disc hurts him! Imagine if he threw a bag!

I throw the MAGNET A gooooey melt in yo hand Magnet!!!!
nienaber
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 2:12:43 PM

i sell plastic on ebay to offset the cost of playing in tournaments so my wife will let me keep playing...if i started playing open to try and make money I have a feeling the boss wouldn't appreciate that!

thats fine Lee if you don't want to play against me saturday how bout a skins game Sunday with my old man at Mt. Airy? Actually for that matter is anyone interested in a little skinz action at Airy? (I suck at Airy so you'll be stealing)

as far as puttingI have fallen in love with FLX challengers and outside 30 I step putt with evolution wizard...
Tim Tim
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 2:24:06 PM

I wish they made a FLX Zone, that would be HOT
L_Stephens
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 8:13:00 PM

Anyone want to do some Tournament predictions?

Everyone gets one prediction and nobody can predict a division that someone else has already predicted.

My guess: Alex Hollingshead - INT Women

Eric Simpson
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 8:48:21 PM

Way to go out on a limb, Lee.

The only thing I will predict is that you will be buying me a 6-layer burrito.
L_Stephens
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 8:57:17 PM

So you think the Mighty Simpson can take on the Lord of the Luckshot? BAH!!! Blasphemy!! I got a fresh haircut, and new socks..I'm unstoppable.
L_Stephens
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 9:01:43 PM

Float like a Comet...Sting like your dreams when that 50footer is nothing but chains...

Wait...I'm not even in your division..I should be smack talking Eades....but that would make me look like a moron....

Too Late!
nienaber
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 9:37:50 PM

I predict the traffic around Traders World will suck
Tim Tim
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 10:12:58 PM

nienaber wrote:
I predict the traffic around Traders World will suck

Shouldn't be too bad until around 10 hopefully...

After the round I played today, I predict that I'm gonna make Lee proud tomorrow! lol

Buuuuuuuuuuut, we'll see...
topherb
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 10:01:03 AM

I would be more worried about the rain!
morticite
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 8:44:21 PM

went to go play a normal round today and stumbled on to your tourney. drove 40 mins just to have to waste more time driving to another course. i check this site regularly and didn't see anything posted on the home page about an event anywhere this weekend - or on the events page. i guess i have to check all kinds of threads so i know im not running into something? i didn't see any signs at the course even. come on guys - you can do a better job with communicating this to us recreational, yet avid golfers. what good is an event page if this wasn't posted?
StorminSteve
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 8:50:46 PM

Wow you need to learn to read and look at the homepage !!! The tournament info is in the center of the home page giving the date and even a link to sign up.  Since you where there you should have played .
kmaupin
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 9:48:10 PM

morticite wrote:
went to go play a normal round today and stumbled on to your tourney. drove 40 mins just to have to waste more time driving to another course. i check this site regularly and didn't see anything posted on the home page about an event anywhere this weekend - or on the events page. i guess i have to check all kinds of threads so i know im not running into something? i didn't see any signs at the course even. come on guys - you can do a better job with communicating this to us recreational, yet avid golfers. what good is an event page if this wasn't posted?

Wow you post on a thread that has how much history discussing the event you are whining about and if you went to HOLE 1 and read the board right there, you would have seen the Sumac Attack data sheet right on the board... ignorance is bliss but come on, this is all on you.  It will poof soon but you even click on regional events and it was there also and it has been the Center piece on the front page since the Rapid run event though I think it was here with the Rapid run info once Duece or Die came and went.
zac
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 10:00:08 PM

i lost an orange pro-d Zone on the course somewhere. it was possibly warming up or first round. it was new so i didnt have my name on it yet. reward if found. please find it. thanks -Zac

holly. brian.jim and friends. thanks again. great work.
morticite
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 10:21:25 PM

kmaupin wrote:

Wow you post on a thread that has how much history discussing the event you are whining about and if you went to HOLE 1 and read the board right there, you would have seen the Sumac Attack data sheet right on the board... ignorance is bliss but come on, this is all on you.  It will poof soon but you even click on regional events and it was there also and it has been the Center piece on the front page since the Rapid run event though I think it was here with the Rapid run info once Duece or Die came and went.

it is/was not posted on the home page events. that is where i would think to look for all events i might run into. great, i can drive out there and look on the board to find out? come on... the home page is so stale (things from april still there). only reason i posted in this thread is it was the only place i could find information (and this was after the fact). i don't play tourneys so dont look here. i enjoy the game and dont need a tourney to put a regiment into something fun. for those who do, good for you. all i am saying is keep the events page current so i don't waste my time.